Victoria and Alberts Reservation Tips?

ToffeeCrunch

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm headed to Disney World from May 9th to May 16th, staying on property.

I'm REALLY hoping to get a reservation for Victoria and Alberts, as I plan to propose there. Ideally the main dining room, secondarily the Queen Victoria Room. I'm really nervous about getting one, though.

Can anyone provide any insight into how much trouble I'll have, if I'm watching the moment my window opens in March? Do I likely need to have multiple day options in mind throughout my trip? Ideally I'd be trying to do it towards the beginning of the trip.

Hoping someone can help put my mind at ease a little bit. Thank you!

Put it near the end of your reservation. I’ve also noticed since they reopened that 2 people don’t get good times or as much availability. I’m going there in a week and booked it after my 60 day window was already opened, but it was showing no availability for 2, but it was for 5. I was able to modify it down to 2. They’re also closed I believe Sunday and Monday (don’t remember exactly which two days) double check their open hours to make sure you’re not wasting time looking for a reservation on a day they aren’t open

Second the above based on our experience.

Also due to that, I'd go for QVR with the main room as backup. The atmosphere in QVR is much more personal because there are only 4 tables.

Beware the wine pairings, though, with 10 courses. We've heard people asking for smaller pours with good reason.

What a marvelously romantic place to propose. Your future spouse is fortunate indeed.

In the before times, I booked my ADR 2 weeks before the trip. It was for 2 people (myself and my grown son) and I only wanted the big room. I just went on line and booked it. Keep in mind, this was the before times and I might have just gotten lucky, it was just a on a whim type of thing.

And I agree with the wine pairings. Both my son and I got one and he ended up having to finish most of mine and by the time we got to the last two courses, he wasn't even drinking his own. That was in the big room so I think there were only 7 courses at the time.

Beware the wine pairings, though, with 10 courses. We've heard people asking for smaller pours with good reason.
And I agree with the wine pairings. Both my son and I got one and he ended up having to finish most of mine and by the time we got to the last two courses, he wasn't even drinking his own. That was in the big room so I think there were only 7 courses at the time.

Hah, I've been putting a lot of thought into that. Both I and future-fiancee are pretty big wine people, so I think we will do the pairings, but will be very cautious on pour size and pace. Not looking to propose while hammered. 🤣

Part of the stress is that I'm planning on doing a half-day in a certain park on whatever day we do Victoria and Albert's, so moving this around has a ripple effect on my entire park schedule. Add in the fact that I'm looking to get some harder-to-get reservations at other places, too, and I'd prefer to not be rearranging everything at 6 AM after I lock in the V&A reservation. But I might be prepared with a few different plans depending on what day I can get Victoria and Alberts.

Lots of stress! I'm hoping it all works out. Thank you, all, for your insights and advice!

If there's no online availability, I have had luck calling the restaurant as soon as like a week ahead of the desired date. I also suspect that if you mention your plans, they might be able to add you to a call back list in case of cancellation.

Let us know how it turns out looking to make ADRs in the future and want to see how some recent experiences

A tip based on our experience of waddling out stuffed like the proverbial turkey--

The final course is coffee or tea and handmade chocolates. We ask for ours to be boxed to go.

They are still plenty tasty up to a month later. Also, from experience. 😉 The brandied cherries are decadent.

Let us know how it turns out looking to make ADRs in the future and want to see how some recent experiences
Yep! Wanted to come back and provide an update for anyone in a similar boat in the future.

I had oriented our schedule around the hope of getting a reservation on Saturday, May 13th because that's the latest date during my trip that Victoria and Alberts will be open (as they're closed on Sundays and Mondays). Later in the trip sounded like the highest chance, since our on-property stay gives us an edge on those dates.

We were on right when our reservation window opened on March 10th at 6 AM EST. We had no problem getting a Queen Victoria's Room reservation for our desired date on May 13th. There were several other main dining room reservations available, too, so competition wasn't too fierce. However, doing this towards the end of our trip was definitely critical - I checked the other days just for comparison, and there was NO other availability earlier.

I'm very excited! I'll come back and do a new post about our whole experience.

Put it near the end of your reservation. I’ve also noticed since they reopened that 2 people don’t get good times or as much availability. I’m going there in a week and booked it after my 60 day window was already opened, but it was showing no availability for 2, but it was for 5. I was able to modify it down to 2. They’re also closed I believe Sunday and Monday (don’t remember exactly which two days) double check their open hours to make sure you’re not wasting time looking for a reservation on a day they aren’t open
dang it! I’m trying to book for just myself for 11/30 (my last night). There was a reservation for 4 people so I jumped on it thinking I would be able to modify it down to 1 (or 2 since I would be sitting at a 2-top presumably), but no luck. I’ve been trying since last night. I even called and a manager couldn’t do it! They told me to keep trying and they may have put a note on my reservation saying as much. They also told me to show up worst case scenario and be very clear and explain to them but that makes me VERY nervous. I definitely don’t want to get hit with a $300 fee because I didn’t come with 3 other people 😩

If there's no online availability, I have had luck calling the restaurant as soon as like a week ahead of the desired date. I also suspect that if you mention your plans, they might be able to add you to a call back list in case of cancellation.
You can call the restaurant directly? Do you have their number?

dang it! I’m trying to book for just myself for 11/30 (my last night). There was a reservation for 4 people so I jumped on it thinking I would be able to modify it down to 1 (or 2 since I would be sitting at a 2-top presumably), but no luck. I’ve been trying since last night. I even called and a manager couldn’t do it! They told me to keep trying and they may have put a note on my reservation saying as much. They also told me to show up worst case scenario and be very clear and explain to them but that makes me VERY nervous. I definitely don’t want to get hit with a $300 fee because I didn’t come with 3 other people 😩
I believe that they’ll call you a week or so before your reservation to ask about food allergies, dislikes, etc. You can confirm with them then that there will be only one in your party.

I believe that they’ll call you a week or so before your reservation to ask about food allergies, dislikes, etc. You can confirm with them then that there will be only one in your party.
Oh, that would be great! Do you know if that would fall within the 5-day window to cancel though? I would hate for them to call me after that and then have to cancel or pay the fee. The woman I spoke with at Disney didn’t seem to know much about it.

Oh, that would be great! Do you know if that would fall within the 5-day window to cancel though? I would hate for them to call me after that and then have to cancel or pay the fee. The woman I spoke with at Disney didn’t seem to know much about it.
It’s been several years, but I’m pretty sure it was at least a week before. Since you have that note on your reservation, you should be fine.

It’s been several years, but I’m pretty sure it was at least a week before. Since you have that note on your reservation, you should be fine.
Eeep! Thank you! I still can’t believe I got any sort of reservation. And this is my first solo trip. I’ve never dined alone, and especially not at a place like this. Nervous!

Eeep! Thank you! I still can’t believe I got any sort of reservation. And this is my first solo trip. I’ve never dined alone, and especially not at a place like this. Nervous!
We’ve been lucky to dine there several times over the years. You’ll have an incredible meal!

Oh wow I’m surprised it’s not letting you modify it. Is it for the regular room or the queen Victoria room? I think QV it’s more tricky. Maybe try a computer vs app

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter