VGC 2 Bedroom - Lockoff or Not?

Fellowship9798

DIS Veteran
I tried to search for an answer on this but maybe I can't find the right keywords.

I'm a VGC owner and was looking at availability online in the fall. I noticed for 2 bedroom units there were different categories available. I can select "2 Bedroom Lockoff" or just "2 Bedroom". I thought that all units at VGC were lockoffs, other than Grand Villas.

The 2 Bedroom Lockoff category wasn't available for all of my nights, but the plain 2 Bedroom category was so I've booked it.

I know at BCV and some others, dedicated 2 BR units are available, but I didn't think that was the case at the Grand Californian.

Are there really non-Lockoff units at VGC?

Yes, dedicated 2brs are available at VGC... I have stayed in one.

Thanks very much. I thought I had read that all 2 BR units were studio/1 BR Lockoff combinations, but I guess not. I'll need to dig out a hotel map to see what I booked as I assume dedicated 2 BR units are pretty rare and could be identified easily.

I've learned something new today!

Thanks very much. I thought I had read that all 2 BR units were studio/1 BR Lockoff combinations, but I guess not. I'll need to dig out a hotel map to see what I booked as I assume dedicated 2 BR units are pretty rare and could be identified easily.

I've learned something new today!

VGC has 23 dedicated 2 bedrooms, 23 lockoff 2 bedrooms and 2 grand villas. Dedicated 2 bedrooms are probably the easiest rooms to get there.

What is the difference between the lockoff vs dedicated 2 bdrm?

We are booked in a lock off and I didin't realize they were different:confused3

What is the difference between the lockoff vs dedicated 2 bdrm?

We are booked in a lock off and I didin't realize they were different:confused3

A lockoff is a combination studio + 1 bedroom. The "lockoff" door is opened when it is a 2 bedroom. It is locked if the rooms are reserved separately. Since the 2nd bedroom is actually a studio, it has it's own entrance door and a kitchenette. The downside is it will have a queen bed and a double sleeper sofa at most DVC resorts. A dedicated 2 bedroom does not have the 2nd entrance, no kitchenette in the second bedroom but most have 2 queens in the second bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter