Vero--what if it rains?

hoosiergirl

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
Any suggestions on what to do at Vero if it rains? My ideas so far: Read, have a drink in Green Cabin Room and watch the rain!, play games in room.... Any more?

Also, we've been to Vero in June when the rain lasts only an hour or so. We'll be there the last week in October this year. Any info on weather at this time of year and if the rains tend to be all day'ers or just those couple of hours storms?

Thanks! :)

With the outside exception of a tropical storm or hurricane, rain shouldn't be much of a problem at all. In fact, the weather should be beautiful.

If it's an all-day rain you might want to get out of the resort and head out to the mall or the outlet center on State Road 60.

We've gone in October. Nothing but beautiful weather!!! Hoping you have nice sunshine. Have a great trip.

THANK YOU!! You have made me feel SO much better! I was getting a little worried about being "stuck" with nothing to do if it rained! We're so used to the hustle and bustle of WDW that to actually "relax" on vacation--oh my! It scared me! ;) Now I'm looking forward to it!

We just returned from a WONDERFUL week long trip to Vero. We had very good/great weather the entire stay, but on Monday we did have a day of VERY SERIOUS WIND DRIVEN RAIN. It was a very violent storm. It started about 2 in the afternoon and lasted into the night. We RAN to the room from the pool, read, took a nap, took a soak in the hot-tub, prepared dinner, rented a movie, popped popcorn in the microwave, made ice-cream sundaes, watched Designing Women, Golden Girls and the E! True Hollywood Story. It was a very relaxing day. The next day the rain was gone, but the wind stayed a while. By the end of the week the wind was gone and the weather was just beautiful.

Good question.

Ok, how about -

Community Hall activities
Movies in room
Green Cabin Room
Gift shop is OK for a 15 minute browse
Outlet mall
Movie theaters
1 hr drive to Ron Jons (open 24 hrs)
Sony playstation games?
Kids video movies in the lounge (?) can't remember the name of the little alcove....
Campfire on the porch (?) CM's did one of these when we were there in bad weather, turned out fine and we appreciated the effort
There is local theater

Rain does put a damper on....

If it's during the day, Tour Mel Fischer's Museum... educational.. and it really makes me want to do some beach scavenging.. especially good after a storm!

We were at Vero Beach a few years ago, only weeks after it had evacuated for a tropical storm. while there, another, but lesser storm hit. We had an inn room with a great view of the ocean. We sat on the deck and watched the most spectacular waves we have ever seen, only slightly protected from the sheets of driving rain. It would let up for a while, but we could see a new hit coming over the water. We popped corn, opened a bottle of wine, fixed dinner, and just had a relaxing time. We have had much good weather while at Vero , but that day was something special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter