Vero Beach Questions

BCV2003

DIS Veteran
If I wanted to plan a trip for a few nights or for a weekend this September, what do you think the chances are for getting a studio, Inn room or 1BR at Vero Beach.

Do only the Inn rooms have an ocean view?

Also, what is the closest airport to fly into, I assume MCO?

What is the area like, are there reasonably priced restaurants in the area?

Any other suggestions???

If I wanted to plan a trip for a few nights or for a weekend this September, what do you think the chances are for getting a studio, Inn room or 1BR at Vero Beach.

Any other suggestions???

Here's a link that will give you more than enought info on Vero Beach....Thanks again Rob! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1431524 :wizard:

I would think pretty good chances.

only the inn rooms can guaranteed an ocean view - doesn't mean you won't get one in a studio or 1-bedroom. they just aren't guaranteed.

MCO is probably the most reasonable - airlines and car rental. I think Ft Lauderdale is about the same distance.

Any other suggestions???
September should be very slow, especially with hurricane hysteria as of late.

It's possible to get a view of the ocean with any room type, but it's not overly likely. We have had a partial view of the ocean a couple times with a 1 and 2br villa.
The only guaranteed ocean views will be an Ocean View Inn Room, or a Beach Cottage.

The closest airport is the Vero Beach airport, but I don't think they have scheduled service. Melbourne is the next closest, but I'm uncertain of scheduled service. Even if the airlines go there, the connections needed would be a deal breaker for me.
The next two would be MCO or PBI, both about the same distance. I would pick from those two if I were you, considering price and schedules.
We usually visit WDW after VB, so we just use MCO for the most part.

The area is very quiet. It's not a place to visit for nightlife if that's your vacation style. There is a great lounge on property though called The Green Cabin Room.
There are a few DISer favorite restaurants in the area. Captain Hyrams, Squid Lips, and the Lobster Shanty come to mind. I have yet to try Squid Lips, but I have tried the other two... I'm not a fan of Lobster Shanty, and Capt'n H's is just okay.
My favorite restaurant is the Ocean Grill, but that's a bit more pricey. Bobby's, and the Tide's are also good, but again more pricey.
The two restaurants on site are both good. Sonya's being the more formal, and Shutter's being the more casual of the two. We love love love Shutter's for breakfast. (Just caught a typo-- A spelled Shutter's with an "I" instead of a "U".. :eek: ).

We love Vero, and I think you will too! :smokin:

MG

Hi there.

The ocean view inn rooms have ocean views. You are not guaranteed an ocean view in any of the studios or 1 & 2br villas but it could happen. The ocean view inn rooms are our favorites!

The Melbourne airport is wonderful if you find a flight into there. Delta is the only airline that services MLB. My parents fly into MLB when they come visit us and it couldn't be more convenient. We pick them up, the airport isn't jam packed and 25 minutes later we are at the resort. They flew from Chicago to Melbourne last year for $150 round trip.:thumbsup2 The airport also has a shuttle. I believe you can find information it on the airport website. It's called the Melbourne Airport Shuttle.

Late September and October are great months to be at VB. The weather is starting to cool off and it's not too busy.

There aren't a lot of restaurants in the area, IMO. There is a Ruby Tuesday in Sebastian which is nice and there is Woody's BBQ. We've never had a bad meal at Woody's and they have quite a large menu.

Lobster Shanty-yuck!
Capt. Hiram's-nice atmosphere, good seafood

There is a new restaurant by the water in Sebastian called the Hula Grill but I haven't heard many good things about it.

Have fun!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter