VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Anyone ever had issues where their Vero Beach resort details and online check-in option were unavailable in the MDE app? The reservation is there, I just can't view the details. I get an error stating "Information about this resort hotel is not currently available". I only get this for Vero Beach. It's fine if viewing on my computer, just not the app. We also have stays at Boardwalk and Beach Club, both of which I can view Resort Details and see the Online Check-In option. Also, if I use the new My Day feature, the Vero Beach reservation does not show in any of the days of our reservation. I have submitted a help request through the app, and mentioned it to Technical Services when working another issue, but just wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue.

I seem to recall that Vero Beach and Hilton Head don't work with MDE, which is specific to only WDW. I may have that wrong, but that's what I recall. I also recall advance check in for Vero starts at 10 days before arrival. The "outposts" seem to operate by different rules than the WDW resorts. Hope this helps!

Enjoy your trip to Vero. It's our favorite of all the DVC resorts.

I seem to recall that Vero Beach and Hilton Head don't work with MDE, which is specific to only WDW. I may have that wrong, but that's what I recall. I also recall advance check in for Vero starts at 10 days before arrival. The "outposts" seem to operate by different rules than the WDW resorts. Hope this helps!

Enjoy your trip to Vero. It's our favorite of all the DVC resorts.

My Vero Beach reservation details along with the Online Check-In option are available through the MDE website on my laptop, just not on the app. Technical Support did mention this info and option should be on the app and were unclear why mine didn't have them. I am hoping the ticket I submitted helps resolve the issue (if there truly is one). - Thanks

Doing our first trip to Vero Beach this April and going to WDW after. Does anybody know if you can do WDW dining reservations 60 days from check in date at Vero? My trip is already linked to MDE account. Thanks!

Doing our first trip to Vero Beach this April and going to WDW after. Does anybody know if you can do WDW dining reservations 60 days from check in date at Vero? My trip is already linked to MDE account. Thanks!

We just went through our 60 day ADR dates and we could only book through the dates of our Vero reservation. We could book a WDW dining reservation on our overlap day (last day at Vero/1st day at WDW), but had to wait until 60 days out from our WDW check-in before we could book the additional WDW dining dates. Hope this makes sense.

We just went through our 60 day ADR dates and we could only book through the dates of our Vero reservation. We could book a WDW dining reservation on our overlap day (last day at Vero/1st day at WDW), but had to wait until 60 days out from our WDW check-in before we could book the additional WDW dining dates. Hope this makes sense.

Yes thank you, that makes sense. I want to make dinner reservations at Topolino’s so I will try for our check out day!

Has anyone been in September? We’re renting points for the week of Labor Day this year. I know it’s hurricane season so we’re going to get trip insurance and just hope for the best, but other than that is it a good time to go? What are peoples experiences with this time of year?

We are headed to our first stay at VB in April! For anyone who has been recently, is there a gift shop at the resort? If yes, my daughter would like a "loungefly" backpack - would they carry that sort of thing? And for refillable mugs - are they being offered there still? thank you!

We are headed to our first stay at VB in April! For anyone who has been recently, is there a gift shop at the resort? If yes, my daughter would like a "loungefly" backpack - would they carry that sort of thing? And for refillable mugs - are they being offered there still? thank you!
Yes, there is a gift shop. Check on DVC discounts.

Don’t know about which backpacks they will have in stock.

They still offered refillable mugs when we were there last July. Refill station inside Wind and Waves Marketplace (the nice quickserve location). I think DW also had her mug refilled at the adjacent W&W Bar when we were having lunch while sitting at the bar on a prior trip. We did not try this during our last trip, taking our QS food to the pool deck or back to the room instead.

Enjoy your stay

We’re spending 2 nights at Boardwalk Villas, followed by 5 nights at VB, finishing with 1 night at Beach Club. Does anyone know if it’s possible to purchase refillable mugs our first night that could then be used at all 3 resorts? Or does each resort require their own mugs?

We’re spending 2 nights at Boardwalk Villas, followed by 5 nights at VB, finishing with 1 night at Beach Club. Does anyone know if it’s possible to purchase refillable mugs our first night that could then be used at all 3 resorts? Or does each resort require their own mugs?
We were there last month with a split stay between VB and WDW that spanned more than a week. We bought a refillable mug at VB and it worked just fine for the duration of both stays. .

We were at VB last month (Presidents Day week) and the beach was closed, due to a significant Beach "renourishment" project. There was no indication of how long it would be closed. They were bussing guests a couple of miles from the resort up A1A to a public beach. Not idea to be at a beach resort with no beach access. We have another stay booked for April and have heard that it might have reopened. Can anyone confirm that? By the way, the sand that they trucked in was nearly up to the green cabin. Can anyone post new pics of what the beach looks like now? We have been told that the beach may be wider when done. Thx

Last edited:
We were at VB last month (Presidents Day week) and the beach was closed, due to a significant Beach "renourishment" project. There was no indication of how long it would be closed. They were bussing guests a couple of miles from the resort up A1A to a public beach. Not idea to be at a beach resort with no beach access. We have another stay booked for April and have heard that it might have reopened. Can anyone confirm that? By the way, the sand that they trucked in was nearly up to the green cabin. Can anyone post new pics of what the beach looks like now? We have been told that the beach may be wider when done. Thx

Seeing as how we'll be down there in a week, I called the resort to inquire. The lady I spoke to at the resort confirmed the beach is now open.

Seeing as how we'll be down there in a week, I called the resort to inquire. The lady I spoke to at the resort confirmed the beach is now open.
That is great. Thanks for that. Please post some pics when you are back. Curious to know how the beach has changed.

View attachment 653507
View attachment 653508
Is the water too cold to swim in in February? looking at going to Vero next February for something different. Also, are there studio rooms with two beds or do all studios just have a bed and a sleeper sofa? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter