Vero Beach in late April or early May

kc10family

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been there during these times? How’s the weather? We would rather go at the end of May but due to work schedules we cannot. We could try for the first of June but not sure how the crowds will be.

Has anyone been there during these times? How’s the weather? We would rather go at the end of May but due to work schedules we cannot. We could try for the first of June but not sure how the crowds will be.
We were at Vero May 25th, 2017 through Sun.May 28th, which was Memorial Day weekend. The resort pool was crowded on Sat/Sunday, but nothing that bothered us at all. On Thursday morning, we rented a beach cabana for Thursday, Friday, Sat, and Sunday as we had a late evening flight from MCO and wanted to hang at the beach on Sunday. We felt it was better to reserve and pay in advance, rather than doing it daily and taking the chance of no cabanna/beach chairs since it was a busy weekend. Weather was GORGEOUS, we lucked out on our 7 night vacation, first 4 nights we spent in Ft. Lauderdale, great weather all week. ENJOY!:thumbsup2

We were at Vero May 25th, 2017 through Sun.May 28th, which was Memorial Day weekend. The resort pool was crowded on Sat/Sunday, but nothing that bothered us at all. On Thursday morning, we rented a beach cabana for Thursday, Friday, Sat, and Sunday as we had a late evening flight from MCO and wanted to hang at the beach on Sunday. We felt it was better to reserve and pay in advance, rather than doing it daily and taking the chance of no cabanna/beach chairs since it was a busy weekend. Weather was GORGEOUS, we lucked out on our 7 night vacation, first 4 nights we spent in Ft. Lauderdale, great weather all week. ENJOY!:thumbsup2
Thank you :) I will be looking into a beach cabana for at least half of our trip. I can see the beach drinks and sun now! :beach:

Can you tell me where you rented the cabana? I can't find anything on Disney's website about it. Thanks!!

Can you tell me where you rented the cabana? I can't find anything on Disney's website about it. Thanks!!
We rented the beach cabana with chairs right at the beach. If you are a DVC member, there is a discounted price. They can bill the cabana/chair rental with your room key and room number directly to your room folio. If you go early enough in the morning, if I can recall they open at 9am, you can select the cabana that you want. They are very nice, they set up the cabana and chairs. DS and I were traveling with our older son, so we paid extra for a chair for him and we alternated with the cabana, although he is a sun worshiper, so he didn't use the cabana that much. We did the same thing the year before, same time of year and really enjoyed "shelter" from the sun, relaxing at the beach! Oh, since we rented for several days, the cabana was set up for us when we arrived at the beach. So NICE!:beach::cool2:

Over the past 7 years we've been there three times the last week of April due to grandkid's school vacation schedule. We really like it then. For the most part, the weather has been absolutely great. Highs have generally been mid 70s to high 80s, lows in the mid/upper 60s or low 70s, with a pleasant breeze during the day and, with one exception for part of the week last year, it has generally been not too humid. Each trip we've packed light coats and never worn them.

Of the 30 or so late April days that those three trips totaled, it's rained only a few days... averaging maybe 1 or 2 days or so out of the long week (Friday to following Sunday) and maybe 1 or 2 other cloudy days but generally nice and sunny.

Our last trip had a really strong wind about half of the week with the breeze aggressively kicking up the surf. It made for a great view and was good for beach combing as the tide was going out, but it put the kibosh on both eating out on the deck and swimming in the ocean for several days.

Have a great time!

Over the past 7 years we've been there three times the last week of April due to grandkid's school vacation schedule. We really like it then. For the most part, the weather has been absolutely great. Highs have generally been mid 70s to high 80s, lows in the mid/upper 60s or low 70s, with a pleasant breeze during the day and, with one exception for part of the week last year, it has generally been not too humid. Each trip we've packed light coats and never worn them.

Of the 30 or so late April days that those three trips totaled, it's rained only a few days... averaging maybe 1 or 2 days or so out of the long week (Friday to following Sunday) and maybe 1 or 2 other cloudy days but generally nice and sunny.

Our last trip had a really strong wind about half of the week with the breeze aggressively kicking up the surf. It made for a great view and was good for beach combing as the tide was going out, but it put the kibosh on both eating out on the deck and swimming in the ocean for several days.

Have a great time!

Wonderful information, thank you! We are excited for our first VB visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter