Vero Beach Adoration & Information Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rob,
Will be there in 8 Days Feb 16 - 22nd and back again in August 16 - 23rd.

We'll be at Vero 8/11 to 8/19 !
Hi Mia,
We will be there around the same time as you - 8/7 to 8/14.

Lorelai71.....this is cool ! If you'd like, maybe we can meet for a quick "hello" ! We'll be busy checking my daughter into her dorm and doing freshman orientation from 8/12 to 8/15, but I'm sure we could squeeze in a little time. Let's hope we have great weather !

I couldn't help but notice you are from Bucks County, PA. I live in Montgomery County but I'm literally 1 block from Bucks. So we're "practically" neighbors ;) :banana:

Count us in too:

July 6th-12th!!!!!!!!!

We're in!!

We are spending the first two days of our Honeymoon there. May 4 thru May 6.

We're in!!

We are spending the first two days of our Honeymoon there. May 4 thru May 6.

we are going to be there at the same time :woohoo: I will be looking for the Disneymooners :love: CONGRATS to you !!

Two stays for us this summer :love: :cloud9: :love:
6/6-6/10 and 7/22-7/25

Wish I was day-trip distance away..........but then I'd need lots more points!!

August 16-22 in a Studio. This will be my first visit. I wanted the beach location and as a DVC owner, the points for 6 nights were cheap. Vero Beach seems easier to get to than Hilton Head.

We'll be at Vero 8/11 to 8/19 !

Lorelai71.....this is cool ! If you'd like, maybe we can meet for a quick "hello" ! We'll be busy checking my daughter into her dorm and doing freshman orientation from 8/12 to 8/15, but I'm sure we could squeeze in a little time. Let's hope we have great weather !

I couldn't help but notice you are from Bucks County, PA. I live in Montgomery County but I'm literally 1 block from Bucks. So we're "practically" neighbors ;) :banana:

Hi Mia,
That sounds great. Let's meet.

I will definitely be praying for good weather. Last year was our first year at Vero and we had excellent weather. I really need a repeat.

We are practically neighbors. I live in Hulmeville (Langhorne) and you are about 26 miles from me. I know this because I have an aunt who used to live in Colmar (Landsdale)

Vero, here we come!

We loved the time we spent there last summer so we'll be back June 17th till the 20th. Marie

We've been to VB and HHI many times and love both! The beaches are VERY different. VB is much smaller and quieter, with coarser sand. There is plenty of room for sand "construction," so take/buy some plastic containers of various sizes to aid in building. At 10 and 11, they would love boogie boarding, but suggest you buy one at Wal-Mart--much cheaper than renting. You can leave it for someone else if you don't want to transport it home. Our boys never ventured very far on theirs, but loved riding them onto the beach. Another budget suggestion: bring/buy a couple of umbrella-style chairs. We rented the umbrella and brought chairs, or rented the combo and added our chairs for the boys. We also have a soft-sided thermal picnic bag that was very popular with our group (what is it about water that makes everyone hungry?). At Vero, you are so close to the beach that it is easy to run back to the room for something, or even to rest for an hour or two.

At HHI, since the beach is quite a ways from the main resort, you'd better plan to stay for most of the day. The beach is very wide and hard-packed. The fine sand is great for building. It is much more populated, and the waves are not quite as large. We did love bicycling on the beach, and rented bikes from a business nearby (it's pretty neat to go it--they put in canoes in the back).

Your kids would enjoy either place. Let us know if you want suggestions on other things to do with kids--we've got lots! Have a great vacation!

We've been to VB and HHI many times and love both! The beaches are VERY different. VB is much smaller and quieter, with coarser sand. There is plenty of room for sand "construction," so take/buy some plastic containers of various sizes to aid in building. At 10 and 11, they would love boogie boarding, but suggest you buy one at Wal-Mart--much cheaper than renting. You can leave it for someone else if you don't want to transport it home. Our boys never ventured very far on theirs, but loved riding them onto the beach. Another budget suggestion: bring/buy a couple of umbrella-style chairs. We rented the umbrella and brought chairs, or rented the combo and added our chairs for the boys. We also have a soft-sided thermal picnic bag that was very popular with our group (what is it about water that makes everyone hungry?). At Vero, you are so close to the beach that it is easy to run back to the room for something, or even to rest for an hour or two.

At HHI, since the beach is quite a ways from the main resort, you'd better plan to stay for most of the day. The beach is very wide and hard-packed. The fine sand is great for building. It is much more populated, and the waves are not quite as large. We did love bicycling on the beach, and rented bikes from a business nearby (it's pretty neat to go it--they put in canoes in the back).

Your kids would enjoy either place. Let us know if you want suggestions on other things to do with kids--we've got lots! Have a great vacation!

I love you maannnn..... or womaannn.... Welcome to the DISboards.

:beach:

We will be at VB May 11 - 13th. Two OVIR. This is our first visit and we are so looking forward to it. :love:

I know this because I have an aunt who used to live in Colmar (Landsdale)

Vero, here we come!
Lorelai71....sounds like a plan. CLoser to the date, we'll exchange info so we can look eachother up at Vero.
Colmar is exactly 1 block from me ! I am right on the Bucks County line.

Straughn,
Have a great first trip to Vero ! You'll love it......very laid back and relaxing.

Hi! :wave2:

So Dh and I are thinking about going to VB for our Anniversary in April and I have a few questions:

Is the weather normally nice there in the middle of April?

Where would be fly into?

Do we need to rent a car?

The biggest thing that I a, worried about is having enough to do for a few days, without spending a lot of money.

Thanks for the help!

Hi there Animal Princess.......

Melbourne airport is the closest and about a 45 min drive to Vero.

Orlando is about a 90 min drive, but you will probably find better airfare and rental car prices out of this airport.

We like a car to get out and see some of the sites of Vero (though just kicking back and relaxing at the resort itself is fine too). Here are some local things to do in the area :
http://www.mckeegarden.org/

McLarty Treasure Museum
13180 North A1A
Sebastian Inlet State Park Vero Beach, FL
Tel: 772-589-2147
* If you recently happened to catch the new movie Fool's Gold, and liked it, you'll appreciate this little museum. It's a small (not fancy) museum, that gives a good amount of history about the local area.

http://www.fws.gov/pelicanisland/

http://www.floridastateparks.org/sebastianinlet/

http://www.manateecenter.com/

This is a pretty good restaurant to check out when in the area (I've never eaten here but read a few DIS'er reviews over the years ) :
http://www.ocean-grill.com/index.php?action=website-view&WebSiteID=304&WebPageID=7227

Hope this helps a bit :)

Vb 5/2-5/6 This will be our first visit to VB. Also, will be our first visit as DVC members just joined in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter