Vero Beach Adoration 2010 Thread *** Closed now *** Links to 2011 Thread inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
pixiedust: Our Pixie Dust came through! Our waitlist for BLT came through! So we are heading to MK next Tuesday for 1 day and then on to Vero for 6 nights!

Any one who heads to Bathtub beach this week. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how the kids liked it, time to get there, etc. We may try to head there next week.

Does anyone know if you can rent snorkle gear at the resort? If so how much is it?

Congrats Roysbrew. Here is a link for the Bathtub Reef Webcam
http://www.evsmartin.com/bathtub/Have you seen starbox' 30 day trip report? Not sure about the snorkel equipment rental. Remember at one time the Resort had a beginner's class where kids got to keep their equipment.

Mostly Cloudy but not a drop of rain yet today in the MK area.If fact sun is out now! According to friends in Sebastian they have received about 5". Storm is heading East. All TS warnings and watches have been dropped. They were to receive another 4-8" on the TreasureCoast but that has now been dropped to 1-3". Sunny Days ahead soon! :)

Madcoco

Thanks for all the advice We wil definitely try Maaison Martinque. it looks wonderful. Also i think we'll try Capt. Hiram's and Mulligan's.

Does anyone know how crowded Mulligan's is on Thursday's which is kids night? That's when we were thinking of going unless it's too crowded and then we'll try a different night.

I still need to look into the river cruise. Has anyone done the Kayak tour through the resort recently?

We went to Mulligans in August for the Kid's Night fun and it was not too crowded. They kids had a blast. Spongebob was featured that night. We did go early, around 5:30pm. There were vendors outside of the restaurant from the nearby shops selling jewelry and some artwork. They had a calypso band outside and an arts and crafts station inside. A new chocolate shop/ice cream parlor named Kilwin's is now open and is located close to Mulligans, on Ocean Drive. They sell yummy homemade carmel corn.:thumbsup2

Little Lady

Thanks fo rthe input. We will definitely go to Mulligan's on Thursday for kids night and go early.

We we also try Kilwin's. I looked tehm up on the internet and it look really good.

Last year we discovered Rita's frozen custard and we all loved that too. I recommend it. It's worth the drive!

Madcoco

Thanks for the bathtub reef link. The beach looks beautiful!

Also I'm going to try to find Starbox's trip report and look at that too.

There seem to be alot of people going down next week.

Anyone want to try and meet?

Madcoco

Thanks for the bathtub reef link. The beach looks beautiful!

Also I'm going to try to find Starbox's trip report and look at that too.

There seem to be alot of people going down next week.

Anyone want to try and meet?

I just found the link on the first page and I just figured out how to reply with my quote in the dark blue box :thumbsup2

we are here now and enjoyed the beach. we went to the sebastain inlet and a manitee swam by us it was very cool. The weather was wet for two days very very wet lol but it is great today too bad we head home tomorrow.

Have a safe trip home treehugnmama. MamaNature is sorry about the weather the last few days. ;)
You're welcome Littlelady and Roysbrew. FWIW there is also a Kilwin's location in Celebration as well.:)

Roysbrew We will be over in the area tomorrow through Sun. Not sure about next week. However if you see a Short Fat Pirate walking around in a daze at the Resort or Capt Hiram's steer clear. :thumbsup2

At Vero now & went to Bathtub Reef today. No equipment rentals there. Waves high & water murky, probably due to recent weather. A much better pool day than snorkeling day. SPA still does not have massage license but other services are offered. It looks very nice. Doing nature bike ride tomorrow :-)

At Vero now & went to Bathtub Reef today. No equipment rentals there. Waves high & water murky, probably due to recent weather. A much better pool day than snorkeling day. SPA still does not have massage license but other services are offered. It looks very nice. Doing nature bike ride tomorrow :-)

Let us know how your ride went!

Anybody think Madcoco would be a good Threadmaster for the 2011 thread?

Let us know how your ride went!

Anybody think Madcoco would be a good Threadmaster for the 2011 thread?
The ride was fun ~ 2 + hrs north on the jungle trail to Pelican Island. Flat, easy ride but I would not recommend for kids / teens would be fine but perhaps annoyed by the slow pace. Today was the 15th "Birthday" of the resort, members received a free commerative pin, very nice! Crowds very low here. Off to BCV TOMORROW. Wish we had another day here!

DH and I looked at the beach when we were there for breakfast a couple of weeks ago.

I don't like the sand "shelf." I don't know how I would keep my little one on the shelf. Would she trip over the edge? If we are down by the water playing and need to run from a big wave (which happens more frequently than you think) would we be able to climb up the little sand paths in time?

Not to mention that I think it's dumb to spend over $10 million dollars to put inland sand on the beach. I'm guessing that I paid twice for that in my taxes and in the taxes I pay as an owner at VB.

I saw in the local paper last week hat someone had applied for a business license for the spa. Maybe they will have their massage license soon.

we just got back from our first trip at VB on Friday. We loved it. I would never sit on the sand shelf as it is watching and not doing but that is me. We were there during Hi tide as well as durring a tropical storm and there was never a wave that came even close to making us have to run up the shelf.....I didn't know that was even a possiility....scary if it is.

We had a great time at the beach and are planning on going back for our next trip. We loved it way more than wdw and I didn't think that was possible.

However I was thinking of my mom while I was there. She could not have climbed up and down the shelf to go in the water...dh said it gradually got less as you walked down the beach but i didn't notice that.

We are also here right now and we were told the that the shelf was cut out by the recent hurricanes. They can't fix it until all the turtle nest hatch.

Hey everyone. My DD and DSIL are at VB now. They have been there since Sunday and leave Thursday. This is a belated honeymoon trip for them. I wish I had already noticed some of you were there now, but If you see them, 30ish, heavier set, she is dirty blond (Rebecca and Seth)... tell them Dad says HI! That would be really cool.

I've got some important news to pass on to everyone, but I can't do that until Rebecca and Seth are back. It has something to do with the next caretaker of this thread for the next year. I NEED a replacement. Think about it. And if you are at VB and happen to run into R & S, don't mention this news thing... Please.

I'll update everyone on Friday. Thanks.

Bummer Rob. Wish was over that way today. Headed back that way early Frid AM. Honeydolist today and tomorrow LOL ;) Would have definitely said hello. Belated Congrats to your DD and SIL.pirate:

Hello all... Rebecca and Seth got home safe last night. They had a wonderful time. Seth's first ever look at the ocean. They got sunburned, but otherwise, it couldn't have gone better for them.

Now... This has been the week(s) from hell. Rebecca has been gone for a year and was so looking forward to the visit home, and to see her precious dog. Well her dog died they day before the arrived. How cruel can it get.

I informed her of this on the trip home from the airport. Lots of tears, but she handled it much better than I feared.

Then... we when got home we had to tell her that her mom (my Mary Beth) has cancer. Breast cancer. Many more tears. That was yesterday. Today MB started Chemo. It has been a mind boggling couple of weeks. Doctors and nurse and more doctors and nurses. Radiology scans, CTscans, biopsy's, results, and on. We're worn out, and we are just getting started.

MB had a Port implanted two days ago and as I stated started the chemo today. The prognosis is undetermined yet. Stage IIIB is the estimated progress of the cancer.

The CTscan was clear for organs. :) That's good. The treatment in all will take 14 months. It is what it is.

So we have a rough road ahead of us, but we've been together 37 years (since we were both 16) and we have ridden the rough road many of those years and we'll get to the end of this one too.

Soooo... I'm not going to be able to spend nearly the time on this thread as needed to do justice and need someone to turn it over to.

Thanks. :cloud9:

Oh Rob... I'm so very sorry to hear of your sad news. I started skimming through your post before I turned off the computer, then realized the seriousness of the post that our dear Rob was writing. My prayers are with MB and you during your rough road ahead. Hang on to each other tightly through all the bumps.

:hug::flower3:

Rob (and MB) - you guys are in my prayers. I am so sorry you have to go through this. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter