Verification of Vaccination

ronandannette

I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!
I’m sure everybody on this Board is as anxious to travel as I am. With the ever-increasing talk of vaccine passports I’m wondering what shape something like that will take. Hopefully something more than what I got from the WalMart pharmacy which was a photocopied sheet with my name handwritten on it and no official markings or signature of any kind.

If you have been vaccinated what type of verification document (if any) did you receive?

I just got my second shot this afternoon so this is top of mind for me too at the moment. In the US we have CDC cards that have the vaccine manufacturer, the lot number and then your personal info. But its all handwritten and apparently the cards are being bought on Craigslist and Ebay. I think the states are supposed to be tracking vaccine information but who knows. As per usual every state is doing something different. :sad2:

I just got my second shot this afternoon so this is top of mind for me too at the moment. In the US we have CDC cards that have the vaccine manufacturer, the lot number and then your personal info. But its all handwritten and apparently the cards are being bought on Craigslist and Ebay. I think the states are supposed to be tracking vaccine information but who knows. As per usual every state is doing something different. :sad2:
Seriously, sold on Craigslist and eBay? Wow. Not sure why I’m surprised I guess

I’m sure everybody on this Board is as anxious to travel as I am. With the ever-increasing talk of vaccine passports I’m wondering what shape something like that will take. Hopefully something more than what I got from the WalMart pharmacy which was a photocopied sheet with my name handwritten on it and no official markings or signature of any kind.

If you have been vaccinated what type of verification document (if any) did you receive?

We receive this 1/2 slip of paper, they run our medIcare cards through (like the old fashion way of purchasing with a visa), on it is that info. Name, date of birth , whatever number the government had assigned to us at birth, further on this slip is what vaccine, the date and amount of 1st dose, aNd then under is our second appointment for our second dose. I can tell you when we enter someone into the computer with their medicare card, we can see who has been vaccinated and with what aNd the date, place, etc.

When someone comes for the second dose they bring this sheet and it is filled out for that, signed by the nurse , forgot that for the first step!

In BC we’re given a credit size card with date and name of Vaccine - handwritten. But you can also go on an app, BC Services and log onto Health Gateway to view your immunization record. I hope they improve this app, right now IMO it’s horrible and difficult to navigate.

As for vaccine passport I was reading rumour it may be integrated into an existing travel app, Arrive Canada. This is the app they’re using now for returning home from travel. I had to download it for my Nov 2020 trip. You have to input your info, passport, flights, travel dates etc. Form to fill out returning home etc.

Like Sue, we also received a hand written card from Costco the size of a business card or credit card. I also logged into Health Gateway and saw it was all there.

I received a certificate vis email from the Ministry of Health. My pharmacist says you only get one via email if the MOH has your email. I’m in Ontario.

I’m also in Ontario. I got the email, and also a little receipt-like slip printed out and given to us which had the same info on it as the email, but smaller. I’m not sure if that is unique to the vaccination clinic I went to or not.

Ontario here, got jabbed at Rexall and we have 3 different things we can refer to if we want :P
We have the standard script receipt type thing that is generated for any script, small-ish piece of label paper that's on the fridge with the rest of our receipts

Email from the Ontario Ministry of Health that had a file attached - our official proof of vaccine with all the important information - type of vaccine & lot number

and the BEST?! an 8.5 X 11 " piece of paper with all the same info on it 🤦‍♀️

I've downloaded the official file onto my phone, figure that's the best and easiest thing to have access to :P

I’m also in Ontario. I got the email, and also a little receipt-like slip printed out and given to us which had the same info on it as the email, but smaller. I’m not sure if that is unique to the vaccination clinic I went to or not.
That's what we got as well-the "receipt" in hand (about 1½ times as wide as a cash register receipt) and then it was emailed. It includes our personal information, date, the kind of vaccine, lot #, nurse's name, even where it was administered (right deltoid), as well as the date for the second dose. I have a copy on my phone and ipad, kept the email and put the receipts with our passports.

Last edited:
I'm in central BC and I had my first shot yesterday. Here we're getting the yellow copy of a full page duplicate form that has our info, the vaccinator's info and the vaccine info on it. I think it's a Northern Health form? People vaccinated earlier in the year got smaller cards but now they're just giving the forms as proof of vaccination.

What about an entry in your yellow vaccination passport? Can you request that too in the US?

I got a piece of paper and told to bring it back with me when I return for the second dose. Ontario, AZ at Shoppers. I also got an email from PCHealth saying I got my first dose. I did not get anything from the Ministry. I trust that the piece of paper will eventually be ok to use as proof, and I do hope something will be put together by the province or federally as an electronic proof. At least in Canada we do have provincial health care systems so there should be some way to provide that proof in a comprehensive method, even for children.

There was already some talk by our Minister of Health that it will be tied to the app that already exists for travel and quarantine. It’s called “ArriveCAN” and it already in use. Our vaccinations are reported to the ministry and then there will be a database of vaccinations which I assume will then be in the app.
It’s on the App Stores if you want to check it out .
That will presumably be what we use to leave and come back to Canada . What other countries require is what they have said they are working on now.

Sounds like our proof of vax is all over the place in Canada depending on the province and where you got the shot ie many different independent pharmacies and others through their local health unit. Priority was to get shots in arms and not have a coordinated registration program. Providing every Canadian who got the vaccine is properly registered with their provincial health department, then perhaps that data can be migrated onto a federal database for national and international travel and accessed through an app. This is going to be a squirrely tech mess. Each person will have to do their own due diligence and check their correct updated data is on that app plus have multiple forms of proof including pics on their device and copy of the certificate in hand.:scared: Yikes

When I got my shot the pharmacist mentioned that it had to be recorded with the Ministry of health. I would be completely shocked if each province didn’t have a database. Call me an optimist but I don’t think it’s a bad as it sounds. We may have walked out with different papers or none at all but I don’t think that means the vaccine hasn’t been registered. At very least in Ontario it had to be.

Ontario here as well. I got a flimsy printout from a computer (the printing is already starting to fade) and an email from the Ministry of Health that contains the same info (name, last 4 digits of health card, vaccine name, lot, dosage, date, name of nurse that administered it, scheduled date for 2nd dose). The email describes it as my vaccination receipt.
I went to St Michael’s Hospital downtown Toronto.

Same flimsy paper here .. I wonder if we were to laminate it ??? It’s crossed my mind
I thought about it but I know there’s some official documents that lamination renders unusable. I just took many pictures of it with my phone and then hid it in an envelope in a dark closet to try to preserve the ink. I’ll probably lose it in a week and just rely on the email instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter