VDH \ Direct Contracts Delay

I got my documents and points on 5/3. However I've also been unable to book or modify any reservations at any resort on the phone or the website and they don't know why.
Happening to me too. Very annoying. Hopefully they will resolve soon.

We paid our down-payment on 5/2, but Nevada requires actual paper documents signed with actual ink. Our Guide said we should get the documents within a week.
I bailed on VDH and bought AKL last week. We're also from Nevada. We got overnight Fedex package from Florida three days after speaking to our guide. It came with a prepaid overnight return envelope. Probably get yours in a day or two.

Seen quite a few posts about this within different threads, thought it might be time to start a new one on its own. Seems to be major delays on creating contracts \ loading points on Disney’s end. Did you buy VDH or any other direct points starting on 5/2? Curious on your wait time or if you’re still waiting.

I was really hoping to get my blue card benefit before this morning’s Moonlight Magic lottery, but oh well :P
Here are my details:

Spoke to my guide to do a 75pt add on at VDH, phone call lasted 8 minutes and was over by 130pm EST yesterday 5/2. My credit card was charged the temporary $1 and that is all that has happened since then.
So still no contracts but I guess I’ll be waiting longer. Called my guide to change it up. Decided to sell my VGC contract since the prices have exploded. Now adding on 175 points to take advantage of the $21 incentive plus the $22 Magical Beginnings.
Couldn’t resist.

Happening to me too. Very annoying. Hopefully they will resolve soon.
We are also having this issue. Called and spoke to member services this morning. They opened a ticket with Disney IT - said it's a known issue for some users but no rhyme or reason why.

I spoke with my guide yesterday but still haven't received my docs. She told me I would get them today. I'm trying to be patient.

Guess I’m joining this thread. Just got off the phone and my guide said to expect the docs in 4-5 days 🤪 it’s all fine as long as I can book on 5/16 now that I know there’s very limited availability initially.
Hold up ....what's this about very limited availability?

ETA - you must be referring to the chart posted in one of the other threads about the number of declared units.

Last edited:
Talked to my guide Tuesday around 6pm (he was on the Fantasy and had to wait to be out of the USVI). Documents just hit my email around 10 pm tonight, 0.1356% of 1J which equates to 80 points June use year. I'm dying to know how many contracts they have sold.

Originally spoke with my guide 5/2 130pm EST. After waiting for 48hrs I called my guide yesterday around 2pm EST and split up my contract and added Magical Beginnings. Just got my documents\points.
.2532% of 1D.

We are also having this issue. Called and spoke to member services this morning. They opened a ticket with Disney IT - said it's a known issue for some users but no rhyme or reason why.
Has this been resolved for you yet? It's also happening on my account and I'm not sure if I should call or wait a few days to see if they fix it.

Has this been resolved for you yet? It's also happening on my account and I'm not sure if I should call or wait a few days to see if they fix it.
It’s also happening for me. Still no ETA for completion but “hoping for soon”

We signed our docs on Wednesday night. Not sure if DH has wired the money yet or not. We haven't heard anything since right before we got the docusign link on Wednesday.

In California, they have a 10 day recission law, so my understanding is they do not close on the contract until that time has passed. I talked to my Guide 7am PST on the 2nd and we had received documents by 3pm that afternoon. The Notary Appointment was done on Thursday the 4th, and received a confirmation that all was complete. But my guide stated closing would not happen until the 10 days had passed.

In California, they have a 10 day recission law, so my understanding is they do not close on the contract until that time has passed. I talked to my Guide 7am PST on the 2nd and we had received documents by 3pm that afternoon. The Notary Appointment was done on Thursday the 4th, and received a confirmation that all was complete. But my guide stated closing would not happen until the 10 days had passed.
But some people already have their points in the system. I don't have any yet.

The timeshare recission period in California is 7 days, not 10 days.

But some people already have their points in the system. I don't have any yet.
I only received 1 of 2 contracts so far with nothing signed but I got all the points loaded through 2026 🤣 oh but I see they did charge my cc so maybe that’s what you’re missing.

I only received 1 of 2 contracts so far with nothing signed but I got all the points loaded through 2026 🤣 oh but I see they did charge my cc so maybe that’s what you’re missing.
Maybe. Husband is out of town at a race. It was technically on his card, so I can't check. Plus, it's the weekend. I am sure it will wait until Monday.

The timeshare recission period in California is 7 days, not 10 days.
Interesting...Maybe with electronic documents it becomes 10 days. Because it states in the Electronic Media Disclosure Statement that Purchaser has a 10-day cancellation period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter