Valentine Recipe SWAP

MickeyP

DIS Veteran
You are invited to join a Valentine's Day Recipe SWAP. The theme, of course, is love. It's for appetizers, soups, entrees, drinks, desserts, or candy with a romantic flair.

REQUIREMENTS: These must measure 8.5 x 5.5. Binders and protectors for this size can be found at Staples.
Use cardstock and layer at least once. You can embellish any way you want, but be C-R-E-A-T-I-V-E!!!!!!!! Make 8 for each group. You will not get one back, so make an extra and keep it. These are due FEBRUARY 1st, 2007. NO LATER. I will be very strict about this. I will mail all swaps out Feb. 2nd, so people will have these in a timely fashion for what they were intended for.
If you will need an angel, please request one. It's not fair to the rest of the group to leave them hanging.

SENDING and RECEIVING: Put each recipe in a plastic bag for protection, then mail it to me. Do not put them in a ziplock that is smaller than the card because they leave marks on them (regular baggies are better for this). I will pm you my addy when you are ready to mail them out. However you send them, send an envelope and postage for the same amount for returning. Also include a piece of paper with your name, your DisBoard name, your recipe and your group#. You may sign up for more than one group if you wish.

To join a group, post here. Put down your Dis-name and your recipe. (Please title your recipe. Ex: Lover's Shrimp Scampi or Hugs and Kisses Hot Chocolate) This will make it more fun and easier to decorate.

GROUP #1
1. AlexWyattMommy-Date Night Date Nut Bars RECEIVED
2. Aries1980- Lickable FUNdue RECEIVED
3. Mickster- Lover's Cocktails-RECEIVED
4. ddavis 860- Lover's Lasagna RECEIVED
5. BernardandMissbianca- Cranberry Kisses RECEIVED
6. YodasMom- Sassy Strawberry Spinach Salad RECEIVED
7. Maria34a- Cornish Hens for Lovers RECEIVED
8. rlovew- Cute as a Button Stuffed Mushrooms RECEIVED

GROUP #2

1. Downrivermama- Luscious Lemon Bars RECEIVED
2. Aries1980- The Flirtini (drink) RECEIVED
3. rlovew- Chocolate Cheesecake -RECEIVED
4. Yodasmom- Savory Onion Tart RECEIVED
5. Marlynnp- Lobster and Artichoke HEART Salad RECEIVED
6. Ddavis860- Voulez-vous Fondue RECEIVED
7. MazdaUK- Tender-HEARTed Pork-RECEIVED
8. Mickeyfan2- Amore Italian Sauce w/ Meatballs-RECEIVED

Thanks for joining! Let's have fun with it!!!!!!!

This SWAP is now closed!!!!

This looks like fun I will sign up for one group first and let you know my recipe def. tomorrow

Hey MickeyP, just popping in to see if you wanted me to put you on the 2007 Swap calendar. We started a calendar about a month ago to keep track of all our upcoming swaps. We're a little swap crazy around here but things have slowed down a bit over the holidays.

Quick Question:
What is the +1, is that a spot for an angel? Kind of a cool idea.
Thanks for hanging out with us!!

P.S. the swap calendar is stickied to the to of this forum. Here's a link.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1247934

I have a question about the size...

8 1/2 x 5 1/2? Are there books that will fit this? That 1/2" won't fit my 8x8...just curious. :teeth:

I just went to Michael's last night because I have probably 30 recipes already made that size from different swaps, but your right, they won't fit 8X8 books. I'll change it to anything 8x8 or smaller.

:blush: I was just wondering if there was a book that size...I didn't mean to change it. How will you scrap the ones you have?

I'll sign up, I love recipes!

Other recipe swaps we've done in the past were 6x6. It works out well if you have an even number per group because you just cut down the 12x12 sheets. Just an idea.

HHMMM my cherry chocolate cookies might be a good one......Delish as soon as they come out of the oven and are still gooey.

OK OK sign me up. Geez twist my arm why don't ya! LOL

BernardandMissBianca said:
OOHHH yum! No garlic though right!!! ;)

HUH!?!

Actually my kids call it Bum's Lasagna...but that doesn't have quite the, errr...romance :lmao:

ddavis860 said:
HUH!?!

Actually my kids call it Bum's Lasagna...but that doesn't have quite the, errr...romance :lmao:

no garlic for lovers! I really don't want to kiss DH if he has garlic breath. Or is it just called lasagna but has other stuff in it.
You'll have to excuse me, I'm having a Nancy moment. LOL

no garlic for lovers! I really don't want to kiss DH if he has garlic breath. Or is it just called lasagna but has other stuff in it.
Hey hey! I heard that... :thumbsup2

ddavis860 said:
:blush: I was just wondering if there was a book that size...I didn't mean to change it. How will you scrap the ones you have?

I'll sign up, I love recipes!

There is, because I saw one on clearance 2 months ago. Of course I'm kicking myself for it. They are very hard to come by.

Is Nancy a blond too??? LOL!!!! Buffy, I have been meaning to ask you? Are you the Vampire slayer??? :banana: :lmao: :lmao:

I really am evil you know!!!! :lmao:

Stac just doesn't know what to do with me sometimes!!!!!! LOL!!!!

I guess I will have to sign Up too! Put me down for Cornish Hens for Lovers Suffed with Pumpernickel Sausage Stuffing.

Yes I have now fallen off the wagon!!!! Thanks a lot!!!! :rotfl2:

MickeyP said:
There is, because I saw one on clearance 2 months ago. Of course I'm kicking myself for it. They are very hard to come by.

You know, I have seen "8 1/2 x 8 1/2" books, and I think it was within the last couple of weeks at Hobby Lobby. Can't remember the brand, but it was a major brand. I will keep my eye out, but so you can check them out for your other recipes, MickeyP, and then will post. I need to stop there this week anyway, maybe today.

I think "8 x"8 or "6 x6" sounds easier for most people though, for this swap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter