Vacation Report

dragn0422

Earning My Ears
Well, I just got back from my Orlando vacation, and it was a blast. Just thought I would share my experience with everyone.

Monday Oct. 4th Epcot/International Food and Wine Festival-
This was so much fun. We go to this as often as we can. It was the 3rd time in 4 years that we were able to go. This time we were without the kids though, so it was great! I spent SOO MUCH $, but it was worth it. It was my Wife's birthday, so I made reservations at the Rose and Crown. I also had a custom Disney cake made for her. It was expensive, but she loved it! Argentina stole the show again. They had the best food. One day I will have to travel there just to eat!

Tuesday Islands of Adventure-
We went straight to WWOHP. It was everything and more, than what I had read on here, that it was. I felt like I was in the movie. I am very very impressed with this part of the park, and spent most of my time there. The lines were not that bad, and we were able to see and do everything without much of a problem. The ride was a lot of fun. We started the day and then came back around and finished the day there. Most everything else in the park was just about walk-on. The only thing I regret is going on Tuesday, the day after Epcot. We were very tired and hungover. lol

Wednesday Sea World-
This was my first time at Sea World. I really enjoyed the 2 coasters, and the shows were nice, but the park was really not worth the $ if you ask me. I just felt like I was at the zoo back home. I am thinking it would have been more fun with the kids, but still dont think it is worth $70 per person.

Thursday Universal/HHNXX-
I love Universal, but after going so many times in the last 10 years, I have just lost interest in this park. I was able to ride HRRR last year, and was sad to see it still not running while we were there. Without HRRR Universal is just ok to me. HHN was great. We used the guide on this site to try to get everything done. We came very close. The only house we missed was Legendary Truth. I thought 6 of the 7 HHs were really good. My favorite was Zombiegeddon. The scariest was Psycoscarapy. The only one I did not like was the Orphanage. I was expecting this one to be very scary, but it seemed very empty.

Friday Free day-
We trailered our motorcycle down with us, and just rode around all day. It was very relaxing and fun. We slept kinda late, and spent most of the day in Downtown Disney.

The couple that went with us had never been. Seeing them experience it all for the first time made it a lot more fun. They went to Magic Kingdom on Wednesday. We had been so many times we wanted to try Sea World, but now I kinda wish we had went with them.

Sorry for the long post. I have just learned so much from this site, sense I found it. It really was a big help. I just wanted to share it with you guys. Thanks to everyone who post all the advise/tips.

I enjoyed your trip report! What did you eat in Argentina that was so good? I find the food "samples" to be so pricey and you hardly get anything to eat!

I moved this over to the Trip Reports board. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Sorry, I honestly didnt even know there was a trip report board. lol I have spent all my time on this board reading about WWOHP and HHNXX, so I guess it was all I knew.

I enjoyed your trip report! What did you eat in Argentina that was so good? I find the food "samples" to be so pricey and you hardly get anything to eat!

It was the Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree (Mashed Potatoes). It was amazing. I think we ordered it 3 times throughout the day. I always budget about 2 to $300 for this. We enjoy eating all the different foods. They are small, and the prices do start to add up, but it is so worth it to us. It is an experience you cant really get anywhere else. I am already quite sad that I cannot go next year. I call her my wife, but we are actually getting married next Sept, and with a wedding and a Honeymoon to pay for, I cant save for an Orlando trip. So, I guess I will be back in 2012, as long as we are all still here. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter