Using My AP to Book Room for Friends Traveling with Me

MEM

DIS Veteran
I seem to recall that I can do this legally and ethically, but here's the situation: I convinced friends of ours to travel with us to WDW in August (they have never been). Money is somewhat of an issue with them (more so with me), although they did not blink when I told them about the $139 special at the Swan that I booked and they did the same. However, after upgrading to Lakeview and adding the taxes and resort fee, that $139 is more like $179!

Here's my question: I am an AP holder. If some fabulous AP room rates come out for August, I am considering switching to a different on-site hotel. My friends will want to stay at the same hotel my family will be at. Can I book two rooms at the AP rate at whatever hotel we decide on and let them stay in one and my family in the other? If they were my extended family it would not be an issue. Will they be listed as guests of the hotel? How does this work? Please advise.

You are allowed to book up to three rooms with one AP. The only stipulation is that the AP holder must be staying in one of those rooms.

You will have to give WDTC/CRO the name of each person staying in each room you book at the time of booking. They do NOT have to be family or even related to you at all.

I know that the person paying for the room does not have to be the AP holder. (ie. I can use my child's AP to get the discount). But if you are booking the room, using your AP to be applied to the other room, then are you the one who must also PAY for that second room, as the "booker"??? Just curious.

No, the room will be in the friend's name and they will pay for it themselves (at least this is how we've done it twice.) In fact, we weren't even staying at the same resort. The only problem is that I've gotten 2 postcards in the past 5 months and they were both in my friend's name!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter