US to CAD exchange rate today!

bardays

BC, Canada
I just looked online. Am I wrong or is 1.26 the best it has been in a while?

That is the conversion rate from USD to CAD, not CAD to USD. If you’re purchasing tickets in USD, the rate is higher.

We keep a close eye on it as we transfer a decent amount back and forth. The other day was higher than it’s been in a while. But still waiting for some more improvement. A small amount can mean $1000. You can get a US $ account at TD in Canada and transfer into that when the rate goes up some on your phone ap. From there do cross border transfer over the phone at you leisure into a US account.

It was 1.26 on every site I checked yesterday for a brief time. Today it has crept up a bit

We saw it was $1.36 this morning for $1 US (BMO) so we bought $2000. Came to $2733. Still painful but not as bad as it was a couple weeks ago at $1.43!!!

my disney tickets were at 1.32 yesterday and that is with the credit card 2.5% conversion fee. I'll take it after the 1.40 last time I travelled :(

I wanted to take advantage of the improving exchange rate to pay some of my Disney reservations.

Can someone explain the difference in the conversion rate on my TD card, for two USD transactions posted on the same day?

One has 1.39133
1668611416504.png

While the other has 1.3697
1668611330537.png

TD told me that they just follow the Bank of Canada exchange rate and there's "nothing they can do". That's BS, since the exchange rate has been decreasing, not increasing, for the past week. How could it have spiked suddenly on the same day? Are they just messing with me since the amount was high?

Bonus points to someone who can suggest a better travel CC than the TD Aeroplan Infinite...

I wanted to take advantage of the improving exchange rate to pay some of my Disney reservations.

Can someone explain the difference in the conversion rate on my TD card, for two USD transactions posted on the same day?

One has 1.39133
View attachment 719176

While the other has 1.3697
View attachment 719174

TD told me that they just follow the Bank of Canada exchange rate and there's "nothing they can do". That's BS, since the exchange rate has been decreasing, not increasing, for the past week. How could it have spiked suddenly on the same day? Are they just messing with me since the amount was high?

Bonus points to someone who can suggest a better travel CC than the TD Aeroplan Infinite...
Its possible that TD uses a floating exchange rate which means it moves with supply and demand. We deal with BMO and they have 1 rate for the day, whatever it is that morning thats it till the following morning. https://blog.remitly.com/finance/exchange-rates/

We use the BMO US Mastercard. No annual fee if you charge at least $1000 US a year. It works for us!

I have this card as well. But I charge most of my U.S. purchases on my HSBC Mastercard. They have no Forex fees (2.5%). Scotia has a similar card also.

TD told me that they just follow the Bank of Canada exchange rate and there's "nothing they can do"

That's a lame excuse. There is no way the exchange rate jumped from 1.3697 to 1.3913 in a matter of hours. You need to chat with someone else who understands your issue. The person who said "they just follow the B of C rate" has no real idea what your issue is.

That's a lame excuse. There is no way the exchange rate jumped from 1.3697 to 1.3913 in a matter of hours. You need to chat with someone else who understands your issue. The person who said "they just follow the B of C rate" has no real idea what your issue is.

I know. As soon as I heard the person on the phone I knew they weren't going to be able to help me. But I just didn't know who to contact. The difference between the exchange rates makes an increase of 70$ on the total amount I'll need to pay TD.

I'm done with TD and Air Canada, so as soon as I'm done with the cruise, I'm cancelling my card. I had looked at the HSBC MasterCard so your recommendation seems really interesting.

I could see the exchange rates varying slightly, but not that much. I suggest calling TD back, or writing to them via your online account.

I recently canceled two cruises with DCL. The deposit refund came in 4 amounts, all to my CC (not TD). They were all processed the same day, and presumably within seconds or minutes of each other. The exchange rates were (not in order):
So, different, yes, but at 4 and more digits out in the decimal place...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter