Us reservation number

Right, please bear with me, I know I am the thickest person ever to use this board but here goes :-

If I want to book restaurants via the phone - I ring the disney UK phone number and quote the 8 digit reservation number?

If I want to book on line, I book via the disney US website and have to email disney the 8 digit reservation number now to get a 12 digit reservation number to be able to book via this way?

Thanks ......................... also can anyone kindly give me the thread for double check the date I can book from.

You have to ring the US to book dining reservations, not UK. I rang last year to make 10 dining reservations took 1 hr 15 mins, so much easier online.
To do them online you need the 12 digit US number. To do by phone you can ring with the UK res # but it can take them upto 20 mins (did last year for me) to find your US reservation # before they can start with the dining reservations, easier if you have this before hand.

To check the date you can book look here. http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

yeah I only got the 8 digit number when ringing today but as Wayne suggested drop a note to Disney US for the 12 digit number, sent my note today.

7am is is US eastern time which is noon Uk time

If you book on line I think you will need the US 12 digit number in order to get the 180 days plus 10 (if staying on site you can actaully book 190 days out because at the 180 mark they allow you to book the following 10 days. You only need res number if you want to take advantage of the 10 days; normal daily ADR's do not need any res number.

If booking by phone you can do so by ringing US disney direct or via UK number (US number open longer though )

Hello

Confused now.

My sister rang UK disney today to ask a few questions.

She asked for a reservation number for using for the dining - it is only 8 digit long.

I have been told if I want to book over the phone I can ring from 7am.

If I want to do on line (another kind person in another thread) said I need to book via the American disney.

Does this mean that I need a different reservation number.

I need to know I am doing right before the actual day.

Many thanks

For those who booked through Disney UK, you can actually ask them to send you your US reference number. I asked for mine as soon as I made my booking and asked them to send it out on a confirmation invoice I had requested. I was told that this could also be emailed to me. It took them a couple of days and they sent it by email and by post. No matter what they tell you, they ARE able to provide it - no matter what they tell you. Just be insistent!;)

For those who booked through Disney UK, you can actually ask them to send you your US reference number. I asked for mine as soon as I made my booking and asked them to send it out on a confirmation invoice I had requested. I was told that this could also be emailed to me. It took them a couple of days and they sent it by email and by post. No matter what they tell you, they ARE able to provide it - no matter what they tell you. Just be insistent!;)

Was insistent, nicely of course, today but as nice as the rep was she said she wasn't able to find a 12 digit code, gave me 8 digit code, so have now emailed them :confused3

Was insistent, nicely of course, today but as nice as the rep was she said she wasn't able to find a 12 digit code, gave me 8 digit code, so have now emailed them :confused3

Well at least you should have it by the end of next week at the very latest. I guess it really depends on who you speak to. As long as you have it in time to test run the online ressie system. :goodvibes

Did a test yesterday on a normal booking and also tried to link to reservation, thats is how I knew I needed a different code!

Does anyone know if you put a ADR in your basket, does it reserve that ADSR slot for you immediatley, or is there a risk that by the time you have selected the first 10 ADR's and then go to process them all, some of the earlier selections will have been taken by those finishing the process before me?

You have a window in which to work - I seem to think it's an hour or maybe 45 minutes, but don't quote me on that. Sort of like if you are booking a flight online. If you haven't confirmed within a certain timeframe it shows up for anyone else to grab.

I received a reply today from Walt Disney World Guest Mail with the 12 digit number, and I am pleased to say I have successfully linked it to my reservation (despite it being 9 months away:lmao:).
What's also good is the added confusion regarding phone numbers has gone. All you need now are the 12 digit number, surname, arrival date and resort :thumbsup2

Looks like they have simplified it. Just hope it accepts my res # when I want it to next month, works now so it should be OK.

Think I will have to do this too, but I've only got a 6 digit reservation number for Disney UK (allows me to "manage my booking" on the Disney UK site so it's not an incorrect number)!

What exactly do I need to say to Disney US in the email?

:goodvibes

This is a copy of what I sent, all other info is filled in on their webpage that you send it from like your name and address etc.

Booked via Disney.co.uk They have given me 2 booking ref# (12345678 &
123456) the latter works on Disney.co.uk neither work on Disney.com
Please forward me my US reservation # to allow me to make my dining
reservations online at 180+10 in a few weeks.
Thank you.

I sent them of an email and got a reply to call UK Disney direct... so I called this morning and explained what I needed and she gave me the US res number straight off and was so helpful! I was a little worried I was going to have to explain everything a million times over but it was easy.

I think they misread my email because they just got back to me with the number I need to call to make ADRs. I decided to call them instead and did so just now: the lady told me I don't need a 12-digit number and instead gave me an 8-digit one that's a mix of letters and numbers. She assured me this would work on the online dining reservation system. I'm a little puzzled. Has anyone else experienced this?

ETA: Wayne, just read that you got this too before you got your 12-digit number. Do you know if this is compatible with making ADRs over the phone?

ETA: Wayne, just read that you got this too before you got your 12-digit number. Do you know if this is compatible with making ADRs over the phone?

Have you tried going onto the dining reservations and linking with your hotel reservation? if it is accepted on there then they will be able to use it for phone calls, even if it doesn't work they can locate your reservations with your UK res#, just took them about 20 mins extra to do it that way for me last year before starting with ADR's.
Is there a reason you want to do them on the phone? I never want to do it that way again if poss, its 10 times easier online.

Have you tried going onto the dining reservations and linking with your hotel reservation? if it is accepted on there then they will be able to use it for phone calls, even if it doesn't work they can locate your reservations with your UK res#, just took them about 20 mins extra to do it that way for me last year before starting with ADR's.
Is there a reason you want to do them on the phone? I never want to do it that way again if poss, its 10 times easier online.

Not yet, I've only called Disney UK (0870 24 24 900). I don't particularly want to do them over the phone, I only mentioned that because it's better to be able to do them by phone than not at all! :laughing: I'd much rather do them online.

I called them again shortly after I posted before, to see if I'd get the same answer from a different CM- I did. This one dug a little deeper though, and apparently they've been told by their manager that the 8-digit number they're giving out to people will work online. Only time will tell if this is correct. Is there a way of checking it before my 180-days date?

You can try and do it now. My 180 day is not until April but I went onto the website as if to make a reservation and it asks if you want to link to your reservation, you put in your surname, date of travel and reservation number and if it works it confirms it has linked it to the reservation. I obviously did not go any further with the reservation as was for a date in July and not going until October, I just picked any date it allowed me to on the calander. I have a 12 digit reference.

Jo

Right - spoken to Virgin and got my US res number - 2 letters then 12 didgits. Sorry if a daft question - but how do I 'link to my hotel reservation' and what web address is the dining reservation web site? thanks

Is there a way of checking it before my 180-days date?

Right - spoken to Virgin and got my US res number - 2 letters then 12 didgits. Sorry if a daft question - but how do I 'link to my hotel reservation' and what web address is the dining reservation web site? thanks

Jo has explained how to check but the site looks to be down, can't get it to work to give you a link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter