US/IOA trip Day 2 - HRH & Emerils

kityrussell

Earning My Ears
Did I forget to mention that we just got back today? So very tired but wanted to make sure I posted before I forgot anything.

Checked out of the Sheraton Safari around 9 am and headed to Hard Rock Hotel to check in. Important note: when checking in around 10 am, it will be busy with people checking out! But we didn't wait too long. I am a Loews member and presented my card to them. He was checking the computer and I asked if upgrades were available. He said no deluxe rooms were available and he did call and check on suite availability. BUT, I had booked a package deal (the 2TIX promo) and they didn't allow upgrades on that. :( Oh well. Room wasn't ready so they issued me a temp card. They asked me to wait to the side for my ticket voucher. When he brought my voucher it occured to me (after last nights events) to ask if my room was a king room. He said "no, let me see what's available". Voila, one of those was ready to go. Why didn't they just give me that to begin with?

My hubby had already stowed the bags with bell services but we went over to the concierge to get our passes (he was really nice -gave me drink coupons) and we had our bags brought up. The bellman was fantastic, gave us a lot of info on hours, etc.

So on to the parks. Hit US first - in three hours we did Hanna Barbera, saw Extreme Ghostbusters (which I thought was really cute), Earthquake, MIB (twice). Our MIB scores were okay - couldn't possible remember all of MIB9999's hints. Had a little snack in Amityville. Then did E.T. and Animal Planet live. Decided to head for the pool as it was getting warm at that point. Hit the pool for an hour and got ready to go in since we had a 5:30 ressie at Emerils. Saw my friend from work who was there with his wife - they had just checked in. Told them we'd catch them tomorrow for some fun.

Our dining experience at Emeril's is probably a post unto itself. Our server, Skyler, was incredible and lots of fun and very knowledgable. We ate at the food bar which we loved. My husband dreams of being a chef. Food was phenomenal and since Skyler is also Asst. Sommelier so he was full of wine suggestions.

Since we ate so early, we went back to the room and had some downtime before heading back out to CityWalk. They had a private party but eventually we got into Cityjazz and had drinks. I love that place! We danced and had a really good time.

Day 3 to follow - "Water-logged" day!

nothing was ever said about not being able to upgrade. That is the first and only rate I was quoted. Are you entitled to any of the other Loews First perks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter