upgrading a 1 park per day to a hopper

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
We are taking a trip in November. Cost wise we want to buy a 4 day 1 park per day ticket. We plan on doing DL on the first day DCA on the 2nd but on the 3rd day we were thinking about upgrading to a hopper for just that day. We then have our 4th day ticket that we are only getting half a day as we are flying home that night so are just going to go to the one park.

Is it possible to upgrade just that one day to a hopper after we are there? My daughter suggested buying a 3 day 1 park per day and 1 hopper day but I think that would be way more expensive. I don't know if it would end up being the same price if we upgraded. It gets really confusing too with the reservations.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

TIA

I don't think you can upgrade just one of the days. Although, if it's the last day of your trip it might be possible? But you'd have to do it while you're at the park, and from what I've read you wouldn't be guaranteed to be able to upgrade.

I like your daughter's idea, because you'd know ahead of time that you have the tickets you want. But of course that would affect the cost, as you said.

Adding hoppers to a day is the same price as adding it to 4 days. I think its 60 per person. So you would either pay 60 for only 1 day if you try to upgrade there. Or pay 60 for all 4 days if you simply pay in advance and buy the 4 day park hoppers.

Yep- your plan doesn't make financial sense, because (unless they change things) it will be the same price adding it for 1 day, as it would be to add it for all 4 days. The hopper price is one flat rate for the length of the ticket.

$65 to upgrade to a hopper for the length of the ticket. You can't upgrade per day.

I think there may be something about upgrading a ticket messing up your park reservations, but I honestly don't remember if that's correct or what circumstances causes this.

So before you buy 1 park per day with the thought of upgrading when you get there, please call and make sure it doesn't cancel your reservations and make you re-book them.

So it's actually $60 per ticket to upgrade a multi-day ticket to parkhoppers for all days. If you have a 1-day ticket, it's $65 to upgrade that ticket to a parkhopper, smh. If you want to hop at all during your 4-day visit, then just buy the parkhopper ticket for the extra $60 per ticket. You will probably find that you take advantage of hopping more often than you think you will. When you book your reservations, you select your starting park for each day. You will be able to begin parkhopping at 11 am each day. Also, you say your trip is in November. I would expect ticket prices to increase again before that, probably in August or October. When there is a ticket price increase, then usually all components increase, base cost, parkhopping add-on, and genie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter