Upgrades Made to the EPCOT Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge - Seating Updated 2/26/24

mrsap

DIS Veteran
A First Look at Upgrades to the EPCOT Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge

The EPCOT DVC Member Lounge has recently seen a series of updates.

First up is new colorful furniture and carpet including high top tables throughout the lounge. Tables include USB charging ports and standard plugs.
  • img_0907.jpg
  • img_0901.jpg
  • img_0908.jpg
A new member lounge photo spot is the perfect place to snap a picture and show off your pride of DVC Membership!
img_0902.jpg

Complementary snacks and refreshments continue to be offered and have gone back to self service, including Coke Freestyle machines.
img_0903.jpg

The Kids Gaming Spot offers a television and a place for kids to relax and unwind after a long day in the parks.
img_0904.jpg

*Click link to view full article

Wonderful - and if they went to the trouble and expense to do all this, I guess that means the lounge will be open through 2023!

(Hopefully the style of furniture will discourage guests from stretching out across two or three seats to take a nap, or there will be some other way to enforce 1 seat per person, so that if you're allowed up there's actually a seat available for you to sit in.)

Wonderful - and if they went to the trouble and expense to do all this, I guess that means the lounge will be open through 2023!

(Hopefully the style of furniture will discourage guests from stretching out across two or three seats to take a nap, or there will be some other way to enforce 1 seat per person, so that if you're allowed up there's actually a seat available for you to sit in.)
There will definitely be a seat for you if you are allowed up. They give you assigned seats now. We were there the end of October, and we were told which seats we could sit in. We got the seats facing the sun beating down on our faces. I wasn't impressed with that change.

We sat in that area pictured in the beginning of October with the cubes so it’s been updated for at least a month. The chairs were not very comfortable unfortunately.
That’s one way to keep people from staying very long, I guess, so more members can enjoy the lounge.
There will definitely be a seat for you if you are allowed up. They give you assigned seats now. We were there the end of October, and we were told which seats we could sit in. We got the seats facing the sun beating down on our faces. I wasn't impressed with that change.
That’s sad!

That was implemented as a pandemic response. I wonder if it will go away, but it is nice to have some sort of seat assignment; it just sucks when you get one that isn't great.

When I went up there last, there were assigned seats, but there were several seats available, and the CM didn't really assign me to A specific seat. She just waved at several saying "There's one there...or there...or" and I chose one.

I do really wish they'd make this available in at least one other park, if not all of them.

Is this five non members? We are bringing four family (non members) but my husband will also be along as well as our two small children. Would we all be able to get in?
Yes, you both will have to show your cards/eligibility on your phones.

Is this five non members? We are bringing four family (non members) but my husband will also be along as well as our two small children. Would we all be able to get in?
Each member is allowed 5 guests. I'm counting 8 total people, so as long as both you and your husband are members, you would be allowed access for all.

From your mouth to their ears!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter