Upgraded at BLT

lorenni

DIS Veteran
We arrived yesterday and were told at check in that we had been upgraded. I booked a dedicated two bedroom standard view with my DVC points a while ago, and did online check in a few weeks back - no special requests. We're on the 14th floor in a lake view room. Having been forewarned here on DIS I asked at check in whether I was being charged for lake view points and he conformed that I am not. And this vacation wiped out all remaining points for this use year so unless they go in and start borrowing 2015 points I don't know how they would charge me the extra. I logged in to my account this morning and my 2014 points are still zeroed out and my 2015 points are still there. Can I relax and enjoy my Lake view week? As far as the room generally, it's in great shape. One small burn mark on the dining room table (use a hot pad, folks!) and a sticky balcony lock on the door from the living room to the master balcony. Maintenance came right up and showed me how to get the lock to bolt. He also put a c clamp on the master bedroom slider because those locks are low and easy to undo and my almost three year old was working on them already. Now that door is out of commission for the duration of our stay, which is fine by me.

Sounds like the standard room may have been out of commission for maintenance maybe? If they upgraded you, you should not be charged any extra. Enjoy your trip!

Just check your points when you get home. We had the front desk cancel our reservation, put our points in a holding account and borrow the points to make a new reservation.

That's why I say not to let the front desk touch your points unless you have to. On another vacation we had them call MS who made the correct reservation for the front desk.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter