Upgraded an entire resort level?

during our honeymoon we could not even get a king bed at AKL...but 5 years later we got upgraded to Poly concierge (Hawaii) with magic kingdom view. You just never know.
We were on the platinum plan both times, (like deluxe dining plan plus VA, room service, cirque, and all tours and rentals, tips were included in 2003!)

the first time we had a huge discount (2003: book 4 nights, get 3 nights free!) the second time, rack rate MK view at the Poly.

We got upgraded from All Star Musis to Coronado Springs last month because of the renovations going on. The handicapped accessible room we had book was no longer going to be available while we are there.
That is the exact. same thing that happened to us. (we didn't go because of COVID)

I was Moved from Poly to GF during August when they were heavily into construction and main pool was closed.

Since it is not far way I am willing to bet a business conference at CS was cancelled, opening up hundreds of rooms. Answer: move people with bookings and free up the lower priced rooms which are easier to sell fast.

Since it is not far way I am willing to bet a business conference at CS was cancelled, opening up hundreds of rooms. Answer: move people with bookings and free up the lower priced rooms which are easier to sell fast.
Congrats on all of your restaurant visits too!

We got upgraded from a standard room at ASMU to a Saratoga Springs 1 bedroom suite several years ago. That was quite the upgrade!! We were on the free dining promo too. So we made out like bandits on that trip. We only paid for a standard value, got upgraded to a deluxe suite and got free food on top of it. Crazy. I'd like to see some stuff like that coming back when this whole mess is over with to help people come back to Disney!

We got upgraded from a standard room at ASMU to a Saratoga Springs 1 bedroom suite several years ago. That was quite the upgrade!! We were on the free dining promo too. So we made out like bandits on that trip. We only paid for a standard value, got upgraded to a deluxe suite and got free food on top of it. Crazy. I'd like to see some stuff like that coming back when this whole mess is over with to help people come back to Disney!
I’m not understanding you. What would you like to see come back? Upgrades? They haven’t went anywhere. They typically only upgrade when they need your room for someone else or it is unavailable due to a repair.

I’m not understanding you. What would you like to see come back? Upgrades? They haven’t went anywhere. They typically only upgrade when they need your room for someone else or it is unavailable due to a repair.

They used to do tons of these upgrade during free dining. If you booked certain rooms (ASMU or SPORTS) with the free dining package, you could almost guarantee an upgrade offer to Saratoga Springs or Old Key West (Your choice). They don't upgrade NEARLY as much as they used to.

We got a wonderful upgrade at BC. We had a boring, standard, parking lot view room booked for my DD college graduation trip. Upon check in they asked if we were celebrating and my DD excitedly said "I graduated" The CM asked us to wait, walked away, came back with a button for DD and said our room was ready. We were prepared for a hike to the room, but were shocked when we literally went up to the third floor, balcony room, overlooking the main entrance/lake. Fabulous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter