Upgrade to Sorcerer pass…timing and benefits…

Kidanifan08

DIS Veteran
We are headed to WDW next week for 9 days in the park. We got 9-da tickets from UT. Since we bought the tickets, my wife booked a meeting at WDW in October and we are now thinking of going sometime this summer. I am planning on upgrading the passes to Sorcerer AP’s while we’re there next week but am trying to figure out the best timing. If I convert when we get there, I assume we will need to then have park reservations for every day, which we don’t want to have to do. My plan is to do the upgrade before we go into the park the last day of the ticket. We’d like to purchase the Photopass add-on, and I am assuming that it just needs to be added to one ticket, since we travel together. One question I have is will the PP pictures done early in the week be retroactively covered by the ticket upgrade at the end of the week. Do my timing plans make sense, or should I take another approach?

Only one person needs to add the photopass to the ticket. Upgrading on the last day makes sense so you don't need to worry about park reservations, but I am not sure about when the photos will "unlock".

My guess...and this is just a guess..is that they should backdate because once you upgrade, the start date of the Sorcerer Pass will be the first day you entered the park on the 9 day ticket, so the photopass should backdate as well.

I agree with Sandi - the photo upgrade should backdate to start date of the AP, which will be the first day of use of the 9-day ticket.

BTW you have until park close on the last day you use the ticket to upgrade it. So you don't have to upgrade before you enter the park that last day, unless it's more convenient to do so then rather than later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter