Upgrade to AP's From A Disney Plan ?

drdisney

<font color=teal>Mysterious when it comes to shopp
I'm going to WDW in Oct and I'm going on the Disney Deluxe Magic Plan.What I would like to know is if I can use part of that price of the plan to buy AP's ? Has anybody tried this ?? Thanks for your help:jester: :jester:

I would also be interested if anyone knows the answer. We are going on Deluxe Magic also, but having the APs would make it so we would be able to go again (possibly this fall/winter and definitely next spring). Thanks in advance!!

Well Called Disney to find out the Anwser I should of known. Its No. They said that since the DTC is a seprate company then the parks it will not work. I'm debating if I should cancel my Disney Deluxe plan at a little of $3k for two and just book everything one by one

Dr. Disney--

Yes you should. You will be shocked at how much you will save. If you have the time to read the boards and check www.mousesavers.com frequently, you will be able to save a bundle. It does take some time (fortunately, it's my hobby):)

Half the fun for me is searching for Disney info!

Since I am in the same boat as drdisney, I am curious to get some more info please. So, here goes: If I cancel and rebook as Ap's and then rebook my hotel stay, can I still use my travel agent for this? She has become a dear friend and I would hate to have her lose the commission I am sure she gets from our trip. Also, if I do this piece by piece, is there any sort of dining options or packages we can add to our stay? One of the benefits for us was having the meals included. However there are other features we are definitely paying for, like unlimited child care centers, which we definitely won't be using. Other features, such as the tours and parasailing and boats, we intend to make use of so that is not a total loss like the childcare. If anyone can help, I will be grateful!

-Becky:D

Hi!

I'm a bargain hunter, so I view my vacation planning as a challenge.

APs can be purchased at the parks, as a voucher at the Disney Store, even at the MCO Disney stores, or by phone from Disney. You can't book these through an agent. They can't be purchased at your resort.
The money saving idea behind APs is if you will be going to Disney for more than 8 days in a 365 day period ( You could plan a trip for a little earlier next year, and not have to pay for passes=saving big bucks)
(Check out www.wdwig.com for a neat price comparison)
We travel with a young child, so the waterparks and Pleasure Island options on the length of stay passes were not used. At the 8 day mark, you can have an AP for the same price as your length of stay pass!
We had a Disney Dining plan the year we stayed at the Grand Flo. We literally couldn't use all of the $$ that was allotted each day! (I also think I came back about 5 lbs heavier;) So for us, the dining plan was just too much food.
As far as resort rates go, are you paying rack rate? It's tough to tell sometimes with a package. If you book your resort separately, there are some major bargains to be had. We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for $129 a night in August. I used a code found on www.mousesavers.com.
Airfare is usually always cheaper when booked separately. You also have more control over the time of day, etc. when you do it yourself.

Check out the sites mentioned and have fun! Maybe you'll want to keep your package for this trip and began planning next year's trip on your own. I always find myself planning the next trip while we are still at Disney!:cool:

Forgot something-

Disney Club membership usually gives you a savings on packages if you decide to go that route. I think it can be 20 percent. Membership costs 39.99 a year. You can get $15 off on your APs by having the DC .
Also, you don't need an agent to book a package. You can do this yourself by calling Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter