Upgrade ticket to annual pass

saksn4

Mouseketeer
My DH and I plan on upgrading our ticket to an annual pass on our next trip. I understand we can go through gates and into guest services inside a park to do our upgrade. My question is payment for the upgrade. Are we able to use Disney gift cards to pay the difference when upgrading to the annual pass? Thanks!

They limit you to four payment types. I'm not sure if they count separate gift cards as different types or not but just beware. You may have to get them combined. We used a GC, rewards and CC when we upgraded ours.

Before they let us combine gift cards online, I recall one AP upgrade transaction where the guest relations CM 1st combined our stack of gift cards...it resulted in an amusing 5’+ long receipt, so you can ask if they want to combine.

Also, there’s no benefit to 1st using a ticket before the upgrade (although I find it more convenient to my schedule to upgrade when leaving a park in the afternoon). and you can upgrade to an AP at any normal ticket window as well as Guest relations outside parks

From @Robo ticketing FAQ:
“Any upgrade must be done at WDW at a location with access to the Automated Ticketing System (ATS).
Basically this is any park (including water park) ticket window or Guest Relations location,
or at the Disney Springs Guest Relations ("Welcome Center.")”

We always do our AP work at the first ticket window we come to. Make sure you both have your IDs ready.

I did mine at the TTC last year on our way into MK for the first time. It was quick, and easy. No problem using Disney Gift Cards. You can combine gift cards online using the Disney Gift Card Manager website up to a total of $1000 on any one card.

I know others have said it does not work well but in June of 2017 we stepped off the ME bus at POFQ went straight to the concinerge and traded our 7 day tickets that were part of our package deal for AP's. We stopped by our room to drop off a few things and went straight to MK and scanned in with our MB's and never looked back. In November of the same year we were there with my son and daughter in law and they did the same thing at PoP. Now we just upgraded and paid the difference with a CC but in both instances it worked like a charm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter