• Expires 7/29/23.
Credit Cards & More

Weis Markets

1690209582817.png

And if anyone can read the fine print, please post the details! :faint:
  • Earn 10x Points on $100+ Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Airbnb, Chili's, Domino's, Fanatics, Instacart and Vudu
    • Points are awarded in $100 increments
    • Points are awarded for purchases in a single transaction.
    • No limit.
    • Excludes: Weis Markets, Visa or Mastercard gift cards, prepaid debit cards or phone cards
    • Monthly Home Ad July 20 – Aug 16, 23
    • Offer valid 7/27/23 - 8/02/23.

Friendly Reminder, expiring soon!

1690210068530.png
Apple Card: Earn 10% Back On Up To $2,000 In Spend (Select Retailers)
Direct Link to offer (keep in mind again that this offer is targeted, check your Apple wallet app, then tap your Apple Card and Daily Cash)
  • Earn a total of 10% Daily Cash back on up to $2,000 in total qualifying purchases, made outside of Apple, when you use your Apple Card with Apple Pay in each shopping category.
  • The total Daily Cash back that can be earned with this offer is $200 total, $100 per shopping category.
  • Shop at Bonus Daily Cash Merchants: you will earn 10% back on up to $1,000 in total qualifying purchases at Ace, Exxon Mobil, Nike, Panera, T-Mobile, Uber, and Walgreens. The maximum Daily Cash you can earn through this offer is $100. The 10% Daily Cash earn rate includes the 3% standard earn rate for purchases made using Apple Pay plus and an additional 7% bonus earn
  • Shop at Non-Bonus Daily Cash Merchants: you will earn 10% back on up to $1,000 in total qualifying purchases with Apple Pay at Non-Bonus Daily Cash Merchants. The maximum Daily Cash you can earn through this offer is $100. The 10% Daily Cash earn rate includes the 2% standard earn rate for purchases made using Apple Pay plus and an additional 8% bonus earn.
  • Expires 7/25/23. DOC

I think I'm up to speed!

Thank you all for posting offers and helpful tips! I'll spend this evening reading all the posts I missed. I totally appreciate you all coming together, big hugs all around including you @bbsearchlight :grouphug: , as a matter of fact you get an extra hug :hug:

Trip was great, not awesome but certainly great. It's just to hot & humid for our liking. We went there primarily to check out the Yacht Club and it didn't disappoint! We're planning a 2 week trip late April through May 2024 and plan on bringing Sherlock. I knew the layout of Ft. Wilderness and am familiar with the cabins but I wanted to see what the Yacht Club would be like for Sherlock. Again, very pleased!

Thank goodness for the 2023 Bounceback Offer, I haven't tallied everything up but I can say just off the top we're saving well over $2,000 from that offer by doing a split stay. Though we'll see what AP discounts will be like when those come out.

We really enjoyed the extended evening hours at MK, 10pm-midnight. Rode everything with very little to no wait. Space Mountain and Mine Train wasn't on our radar, but I think MT was down. Is it just me or does it feel like Big Thunder Mountain has gotten super fast?! Totally enjoyed that so much much we rode it three times!!!

Oh, I picked up a few gift cards.
1690213334172.png

And anyone who wished DH a Happy Birthday AND were celebrating their birthday received a $15 Disney 100 gc. Only three guests stepped up and zero CM's which we found odd. Usually CM's are the first to say anything and yes, he wore his birthday button.

No Genie+ for us. We slept in and woke up naturally. Perfect!
It was a great trip!

Again thank you all so much for your well wishes and help on the the GC thread! ::yes::

I think I'm up to speed!

Thank you all for posting offers and helpful tips! I'll spend this evening reading all the posts I missed. I totally appreciate you all coming together, big hugs all around including you @bbsearchlight :grouphug: , as a matter of fact you get an extra hug :hug:

Trip was great, not awesome but certainly great. It's just to hot & humid for our liking. We went there primarily to check out the Yacht Club and it didn't disappoint! We're planning a 2 week trip late April through May 2024 and plan on bringing Sherlock. I knew the layout of Ft. Wilderness and am familiar with the cabins but I wanted to see what the Yacht Club would be like for Sherlock. Again, very pleased!

Thank goodness for the 2023 Bounceback Offer, I haven't tallied everything up but I can say just off the top we're saving well over $2,000 from that offer by doing a split stay. Though we'll see what AP discounts will be like when those come out.

We really enjoyed the extended evening hours at MK, 10pm-midnight. Rode everything with very little to no wait. Space Mountain and Mine Train wasn't on our radar, but I think MT was down. Is it just me or does it feel like Big Thunder Mountain has gotten super fast?! Totally enjoyed that so much much we rode it three times!!!

View attachment 779998

And anyone who wished DH a Happy Birthday AND were celebrating their birthday received a $15 Disney 100 gc. Only three guests stepped up and zero CM's which we found odd. Usually CM's are the first to say anything and yes, he wore his birthday button.

It was a great trip!

Again thank you all so much for your well wishes and help on the the GC thread! ::yes::
Those Haunted Mansion GCs look awesome! Glad you had a great trip.
And Yacht Club is one of my favorites. Hopefully Sherlock will love it, too.

Dierbergs Market

1690215505834.png

• Earn 10x Bonus Points on All Third Party Gift Cards
    • Limit of 37,500 points per day
    • Excludes: Visa, Mastercard and Dierbergs gift cards.
    • Ad Scan / Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 7/25/23 - 7/31/23.

Just a heads up for flying Spirit airlines (DTW), the attendants were selective when checking luggage and I don't mean in a good way. I think everyone there was taken aback. It was just wrong!
DS helped the lady remove her luggage from the personal bin, which fit perfectly. There was no reason for what they did. None.

Edit: Our son helped the lady.

For anyone looking for a great bag I can recommend,
Osprey Daylite Expandable Travel Pack 26+6
$110 on sale for $77.50 includes free shipping & Rakuten is 4%

I'm not sure why they're so hard to come by as seen in reddit and of course this went on sale after my trip.

1690218675354.png
Here's a fantastic review:

Last edited:
Just a heads up for flying Spirit airlines (DTW), the attendants were selective when checking luggage and I don't mean in a good way. I think everyone there was taken aback. It was just wrong!
DH helped the lady remove her luggage from the personal bin, which fit perfectly. There was no reason for what they did. None.
Oh no, I hope they're not heading in the direction of Frontier airlines. Spirit is my usual ride to MCO and we have not had any trouble with their personal item size. But we've also never been asked at the gate to size our bags, though I'm confident mine would fit the sizer easily. DD, on the other hand, stuffs her bag to the gills. It would fit in the sizer, but she'd probably have to force it. I don't want to get hit with a surprise fee at the gate.

Last edited:
Oh no, I hope they're not heading in the direction of Frontier airlines. Spirit is my usually ride to MCO and we have not had any trouble with their personal item size. But we've also never been asked at the gate to size our bags, though I'm confident mine would fit the sizer easily. DD, on the other hand, stuffs her bag to the gills. It would fit in the sizer, but she'd probably have to force it. I don't want to get hit with a surprise fee at the gate.
I investigated Spirit and Frontier, and even Allegiant from Toledo to SFB, back when I occasionally would fly to Orlando. But the reviews were, shall we say...not encouraging. Once I split the difference by taking Southwest from Flint to MCO since the fare was a huge improvement over DTW. (Southwest has since ended its presence at FNT.) Today I just hate flying so much that I drive it.

I think I'm up to speed!

View attachment 779998

It was a great trip!

Nice you got a 100 card. I remember you saying you wanted a plastic one. The Batuu Spira is really cool. That's what I bought for my son to pay for his light saber.

I investigated Spirit and Frontier, and even Allegiant from Toledo to SFB, back when I occasionally would fly to Orlando. But the reviews were, shall we say...not encouraging. Once I split the difference by taking Southwest from Flint to MCO since the fare was a huge improvement over DTW. (Southwest has since ended its presence at FNT.) Today I just hate flying so much that I drive it.
We drive for the longer trips, but for the quick 3 day weekend trips, we have to fly. Spirit is cheap enough to make it possible for us. I accept them for what they are though- super low budget airline with zero perks. My expectations are always very low and they have always met or exceeded them. I've been reading horror stories about Frontier and their personal item issues lately, and I was hoping that didn't bleed over to Spirit.

What? Friendly's is still in business? I haven't seen one of those in years! Loved their ice cream :)

Friendly's was the good old MS/HS hangout for me! I agree though...haven't seen one around for years.
Both the Ice Cream side and restaurant side are still in business. They are now separate though both link to one another on their websites and use the same logo etc. and the restaurant uses the ice cream .

https://friendlys.com/
https://www.friendlysrestaurants.com/

Oh no, I hope they're not heading in the direction of Frontier airlines. Spirit is my usual ride to MCO and we have not had any trouble with their personal item size. But we've also never been asked at the gate to size our bags, though I'm confident mine would fit the sizer easily. DD, on the other hand, stuffs her bag to the gills. It would fit in the sizer, but she'd probably have to force it. I don't want to get hit with a surprise fee at the gate.

I was trying to be discreet to prevent upsetting anyone here, maybe I was too discreet.

We arrived 2 hours before boarding began. Slowly we watched as the area started filling in with other passengers. We saw a lot of "personal size bags" but the attendants made only one woman place her bag in the bin. A beautiful black woman.
She was the last passenger to walk up to the attendants.
Again, if you were there you would have heard people gasping.
I don't know why she was chosen, she certainly didn't give anyone an attitude, she didn't do or say anything, it was just wrong. It all felt very wrong so I asked DS to help the lady remove her bag from the bin immediately. She was very kind to him, smiled and thanked him and the attendants didn't say another word to her, not even thank you.

I think I'm up to speed!

View attachment 779998

It was a great trip!

We just got back from Beach and Yacht club (did a split stay between them). We were at the pool a ton and did very little in the parks due to the heat. It was our first time there and we loved the resort. Mine and my son's birthday's fell on this trip, and we had a ton of CMs say happy birthday, and only a couple of other guests. I noticed I don't really look at other's buttons as I'm usually pushing the stroller, but I will definitely make an effort to do it more in the future as I loved seeing my son's face light up when someone would wish him happy birthday. One CM that was awesome early in our stay was taking off a few days to celebrate her bday, so maybe that's why you didn't have any CM's do it?

We just got back from Beach and Yacht club (did a split stay between them). We were at the pool a ton and did very little in the parks due to the heat. It was our first time there and we loved the resort. Mine and my son's birthday's fell on this trip, and we had a ton of CMs say happy birthday, and only a couple of other guests. I noticed I don't really look at other's buttons as I'm usually pushing the stroller, but I will definitely make an effort to do it more in the future as I loved seeing my son's face light up when someone would wish him happy birthday. One CM that was awesome early in our stay was taking off a few days to celebrate her bday, so maybe that's why you didn't have any CM's do it?

Right, it was very much out of character for the CM's not to say anything but it was fine. I think they were more curious about DS's button that had Third Wheel on it. :rotfl:

DS was totally cool, he bowed to all the young princesses who just giggled at him. Parents were giving thumbs up and smiling at him. It was all good!

Right, it was very much out of character for the CM's not to say anything but it was fine. I think they were more curious about DS's button that had Third Wheel on it. :rotfl:

DS was totally cool, he bowed to all the young princesses who just giggled at him. Parents were giving thumbs up and smiling at him. It was all good!
I think I'm going to have to get my son a third wheel button next time too. Hahaha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter