Regarding purchase of MC or Visa Giftcards from Staples, I have never run into an issue until this week.

On Tuesday I purchased several MC Gift Cards and during the transaction I was told one came up that there was an error in activation. The employee instructed me to grab another to as a replacement and proceeded to scan the card. That night I compared the SN to the receipt and noticed one did not match. Checked online and the card comes up as an error so I called and the person told me the card is not activated. They said I would need to call the store.

This morning I called the Staples and they said they can look to see if hey had the card that was activated still at the register but otherwise the issuer would need to issue a refund. This has got me worried since both parties are pointing at the other in who will correct the issue. Does anyone have experience with this? I am confused on how to get resolution.

Lesson learned, from now on check all serial numbers before leaving.

I swear this place drives me crazy! Yesterday Newegg put a 24hr. timer on this Gap offer, low and behold it's made a comeback! :crazy:

Newegg

1677767180673.png
  • $50 Gap eGift Card for $40
Here's the Shell Shocker I mentioned earlier,

1677767728399.png
$25 Fandango eGift Card for $20
Limit 5. Direct link
Expires 3/02/23 (maybe).

Albertsons Companies:

Safeway
1677769747098.png

• Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Off Your Next Shopping Order
    • Includes: Buffalo WildWings, Chili’s, DoorDash, Fanatics, Firehouse Subs, Hulu, Rec Room, Taco Bell, Uber, Under Armour and Wendy’s
    • $10 coupon expires after 7 days
    • Safeway Weekly ad - YMMV regional (zip code to 97015)
    • Expires 3/14/23. DOC
Edit to add image of coupon from the ad.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Attachment0 (1).jpeg
    Attachment0 (1).jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Attachment0.jpeg
    Attachment0.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 16
Amazon & Credit Card Offers

Citi Spend Offers: Various Offers
Targeted via email​
Get 5x/5% points during March, April, and May 2023, up to 2,500/$25 total.​

There are a few versions of the offer as to which categories get the bonus:
  • Eligible online purchases category. (Offer excludes Grocery Stores and eligible American Airlines purchases earning double miles.)
  • Electronics and Home Improvement categories.
  • Restaurants and theaters.
  • Expires 5/31/23. DOC

Discover:
Targeted via email​
Get 6% Back At PayPal On Up To $1,000 In Purchases March, April & May.​
Expires 5/31/23. DOC
Interesting comment: I have my discover card in PayPal and they targeted me

Speaking of Discover,

1677770696400.png

Discover Q2 2023 5% Categories: Restaurants & Wholesale Clubs
Must activate offer.​
Valid April 1 – June 30, 2023. DOC
  • Tip: You can buy a Costco shop card online and pay with Discover, then you can use that in-club or on Costco gas.
  • Likewise, you can buy a Sam’s Club gift card in-club or online using your Discover card, and then use that to pay at Walmart.

Citi Sears: Earn $60 Per Month
Targeted via email
  • Earn A $60 Statement Credit Each Month when you use your Sears Mastercard to make 4 eligible purchases each month of $75 or more each.
  • Offer is good 03/01/2023 (or from the date you activate this offer, whichever date is later) through 05/31/2023. DOC

Transportation & Traveling with Points

Southwest Promotions: Double Points, Extra Credit Card Points & More

Direct link to offer
  • Southwest has a number of promotions:
    • Earn 2X on flights. Earn double tier qualifying points on all qualifying flights when you register, book, and fly between March 1-May 31, 2023.
    • Earn with reward travel. Every flight purchased with points counts as one tier qualifying flight, and 10% of points redeemed qualify as TQPs when you register, book, and fly between March 1-May 31, 2023.
    • Earn with Rapid Rewards® Credit Card purchases. Earn 3,000 tier qualifying points for every $5,000 in purchases you make with any Rapid Rewards Credit Card from March 1-May 31, 2023. These bonus TQPs are in addition to the TQPs you already earn as a Cardmember. DOC
Helpful Comment: If for some reason the direct link won’t work, even though the URL is correct.

Try this – one you log into your SW account, click on My Account, then scroll down to the section that say “My promotions”. There should be a button/link there to register.

Added Offers ~ 3/02/23

Discount District

CVS

View attachment 743604
  • Buy $50 Wayfair Gift Card & Get $10 ExtraBucks Reward
    • Weekly ad
    • Limit 1 per household with card.
    • Offer valid 3/05/23-3/11/23.

Thanks for these alerts and with the recent spate of Wayfair GC offers from CVS, Rite-Aid and Walgreens, my net price for purchasing a set of bar stools on Wayfair dropped to $302 from $408, including the 5% Q1 category bonus from Discover for drug store spend. Now I just need to use up all my CVS and Rite-Aid dollars before they expire!

Thanks for these alerts and with the recent spate of Wayfair GC offers from CVS, Rite-Aid and Walgreens, my net price for purchasing a set of bar stools on Wayfair dropped to $302 from $408, including the 5% Q1 category bonus from Discover for drug store spend. Now I just need to use up all my CVS and Rite-Aid dollars before they expire!

My pleasure! I'm hoping to see some decent offers for Easter.

Giftcards .com

1677778749874.png
  • Save 15% on Select $50 Gift Cards
    • Cinemark - Use promo code MOVIENIGHT
    • Home Chef - Use promo code GETCOOKING
    • Jiffy Lube - Use promo code ROADTRIP
  • Limit 1 per brand. Direct link
  • Expires 3/08/23

PayPal Digital Gift

1677794567783.png
  • Buy $100 Bass Pro Shops Gift Card & Get $20 Bonus Load
  • Buy $50 Domino’s Pizza Gift Card for $42.50

For certain services Costco can’t give a discount but they can give you a percent back as a Costco cash card (costco gift cards). Executive Costco members pay $120 vs $60 membership fee, but get 2% back on purchases as Costco check once year. And Costco visa gives 2% back on Costco purchases on top of that if you have one.
We just got our check from being an Executive Costco member….a little over $800 which I promptly proceeded to purchase DGC at Sams! I wish they would bring back those $200 e-gift cards. I missed that deal :(. We have Aulani this May then Alaska on the Wonder in September! I need lots of DGC!

Regarding purchase of MC or Visa Giftcards from Staples, I have never run into an issue until this week.

On Tuesday I purchased several MC Gift Cards and during the transaction I was told one came up that there was an error in activation. The employee instructed me to grab another to as a replacement and proceeded to scan the card. That night I compared the SN to the receipt and noticed one did not match. Checked online and the card comes up as an error so I called and the person told me the card is not activated. They said I would need to call the store.

This morning I called the Staples and they said they can look to see if hey had the card that was activated still at the register but otherwise the issuer would need to issue a refund. This has got me worried since both parties are pointing at the other in who will correct the issue. Does anyone have experience with this? I am confused on how to get resolution.

Lesson learned, from now on check all serial numbers before leaving.
According to the Metabank website, "If your Card is lost or stolen, call Customer Service 24/7 at 1 (877) 322-4710 to cancel your Card as soon as you can. You will need to know your Card number, so be sure to record it in a safe place. You may also be required to provide additional information. If funds remain on your Card, you will be sent a replacement Card at no cost."

So you should be able to call them and ask them to send you a replacement card if you have the receipt with the serial number as long as no one has actually used the gift card that you don't have.

Around 5 years ago when I first got started in the gift card game, I had around $1600 in visa gift cards and I had them in a shopping bag. I did not realize the shopping bag had a hole in it and 2 days later I realized there was a hole in the bag and the gift cards fell out somewhere. I was really depressed as I was now out $1600. However, when I got home, I realized I still had all the receipts for the gift cards, so I figured I would try a long shot and call them and see if the money was still on all the gift cards and they would replace them. Shockingly, all the gift cards still had their balance and from just giving them all the serial numbers, they were able to issue me new gift cards which came in the mail around 2 weeks later.

(Lesson learned, now if I ever transport my gift cards anywhere, I have a case with a lock on it so nothing will ever fall out again!)

DH took Watson to the Vet today. He has weird dry bumps all over his body due to an allergy. He's on antibiotics (once a day for 20 days), has be washed twice a week with special shampoo (let sit for 10 minutes, then rinse), allergy meds (twice a day for 2 weeks). Received all of his shots, blood test for heartworm and two months supply of Nexguard and Interceptor Plus for a grand total of $607.90 :scared:

I've been buying discounted Visa & MC, VV & VMC but now the vet charges 3% on all cards (per transaction) with their new system. No warning whatsoever, so DH opened a new credit card called CareCredit

They have a new promotion for first timers:
  • Step One: Open a new CareCredit Credit Card
    • Call 800-677-0718
  • Step Two: Spend to earn a Gift Card
    • Spend $200 or more, earn a $50 gift card
    • Spend $1,000 or more, earn a $100 gift card
  • Step Three: Register for this offer online.
    • Go to carecredit.com/promotions, enter promo code GIFT2023 and complete the registration form.
  • All steps must be completed between 3/01/23 - 5/31/23
I have to bring in Sherlock and have a few medical appointments of my own, which could bring me to $1,000 spend. After that I see this card being placed in my sock drawer.

Just saying, points earned on a credit card out weigh a 3% fee any day. This new cc earns nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter