Is RMN now paying on gift cards again? They have always been excluded. I stopped trying it that way a long time ago. I used to get lucky using RMN and Best buy for cards.
I had the best luck a in the past with Sams, buying walmart gift cards with Raise getting CB there plus the 3% CB with my CC and then buying the cards at Sams, getting the CB for my purchase there with whichever app had the highest CB.
gift cards are generally excluded from cash back portals, but I have been using RMN since 2018 and receiving payouts consistently, but always YMMV...
Sam's Club no longer allows WM gift cards to be used to purchase gift cards.

Question anyone that uses the disney giftcard.com website do you leave your gift cards in there with the balance or do you just do it for transfers and then delete everything
I’ve always transferred it to a main card but always kept the main card with the balance on there….. thinking that’s not the safest now that I should just delete it since I have the actual plastic gift card
I used to and never had a problem, but I stopped... The website security isn't the greatest, feel more comfortable not leaving anything on there.

gift cards are generally excluded from cash back portals, but I have been using RMN since 2018 and receiving payouts consistently, but always YMMV...
Sam's Club no longer allows WM gift cards to be used to purchase gift cards.
Thanks for that update. I haven't purchased from them since pre pandemic when I was paying off my last cruise. Good to know. I tend to pass on RMN for other sites but I need to get back with them.

Question anyone that uses the disney giftcard.com website do you leave your gift cards in there with the balance or do you just do it for transfers and then delete everything
I’ve always transferred it to a main card but always kept the main card with the balance on there….. thinking that’s not the safest now that I should just delete it since I have the actual plastic gift card
I leave them because I believe their system is secure and the couple people claiming their DGC accounts were hacked and it was Disney’s fault were actually just hacked themselves. I figure the hack was a breach on their end because it doesn’t make sense for Disney to have been breached like that and a couple people to be the only ones affected out of the millions upon millions of accounts they have.

IF YOU DO NOT USE A UNIQUE PW FOR EVERY WEBSITE DO NOT STORE YOUR GC ON THE WEBSITE. If you do use a unique pw for every website make sure email alerts for card additions and changes aren’t getting junked and rest easy.

Many people here are not able to rest comfortably even using unique pws, and that’s fine! peace of mind > convenience always so they delete the cards as soon as transferring is completed.

Last edited:
I leave them because I believe their system is secure and the couple people claiming their DGC accounts were hacked and it was Disney’s fault were actually just hacked themselves. I figure the hack was a breach on their end because it doesn’t make sense for Disney to have been breached like that and a couple people to be the only ones affected out of the millions upon millions of accounts they have.

IF YOU DO NOT USE A UNIQUE PW FOR EVERY WEBSITE DO NOT STORE YOUR GC ON THE WEBSITE*. If you do use a unique pw for every website make sure email alerts for card additions and changes aren’t getting junked and rest easy.

Many people here are not able to rest comfortably even using unique pws, and that’s fine! peace of mind > convenience always so they delete the cards as soon as transferring is completed.
I agree, I don't think that Disney was hacked when these issues pop up.

IF YOU DO NOT USE A UNIQUE PW FOR EVERY WEBSITE DO NOT STORE YOUR GC ON THE WEBSITE. If you do use a unique pw for every website make sure email alerts for card additions and changes aren’t getting junked and rest easy.

Once a card reaches 1000 I do take it off. But mostly because it doesn't serve much purpose to have it on the website as it's full. But I don't worry about it too much because I use a password manager and unique passwords generated by the manager. I think the majority of people are not as serious about internet security so, operating under that assumption, I think the general advise should be to not leave money in the account. Most people do use the same passwords for different sites, or only change small aspects like the last digit or so.

But if you use unique passwords you should be fine.

well my Disney password is the same on multiple Disney sites does that make a difference?
The only reason why I kept my main primary card that I transferred everything to on there cause I just thought it was another way to look up the details of my card in case I lost the actual physical one. But I got worried after seeing some posts of people saying that their money was wiped out

well my Disney password is the same on multiple Disney sites does that make a difference?
The only reason why I kept my main primary card that I transferred everything to on there cause I just thought it was another way to look up the details of my card in case I lost the actual physical one. But I got worried after seeing some posts of people saying that their money was wiped out
Disney passwords have in the past been hacked (big D+ in 2019). As long as you change your Disney password if/when things like that happen AND use a unique password relative to other sites, a hack is unlikely unless someone gets your email and starts breaking into everything they possibly can.

I’ve read that the Sam’s Club Black Friday cards will be very limited. Does anyone know when they go on sale on their website? Thanks.

I generally keep the one card loaded that I am transferring to (and using for mobile ordering since I copy and paste the same number) and a few others that I can use to transfer when I am on site and then delete them afterwards.

If you do not have the physical card you will not be able to add it back or transfer the balance unless you have written the card and security card number for safe keeping.

You can see the details but only so far back for you (I count 24 of the 252 transactions). Disney can see all of the transactions and you can call if you really care the details.

1667247359287.png

Seems like a great candidate website for dual authentication since it has financial "account" access to your funds.

Seems like a great candidate website for dual authentication since it has financial "account" access to your funds.
I hate dual authentication!! I never know where I left my phone and then when I finally found it the code has expired. Of course the worst are the captua things where I am supposed to find out if this teeny white square is part of the crosswalk lol

I hate dual authentication!! I never know where I left my phone and then when I finally found it the code has expired. Of course the worst are the captua things where I am supposed to find out if this teeny white square is part of the crosswalk lol
Or the fuzzy words that are moving to boot. Sometimes I think a machine might stand a better chance of reading those than I do!

Once a card reaches 1000 I do take it off. But mostly because it doesn't serve much purpose to have it on the website as it's full. But I don't worry about it too much because I use a password manager and unique passwords generated by the manager. I think the majority of people are not as serious about internet security so, operating under that assumption, I think the general advise should be to not leave money in the account. Most people do use the same passwords for different sites, or only change small aspects like the last digit or so.

But if you use unique passwords you should be fine.
I personally know someone that uses a password manager that had over 1k drained and is still working with Disney to retrieve the funds. Disney shut down her entire in park mobile order for "fraud" which tipped her off.

I don't trust Disney IT at all. I still get random emails that my account has been compromised and I need to reset my password. Disney only successfully updates my password when I change it from the Disney+ website. I have had my MDE rebuilt and it's still glitchy. Purchased MBs have completely disappeared. One time my sister's activated AP somehow swapped to me after entering a park and using multiple FP+.

I personally purged all my Disney GCs from the website and now call the Disney GC phone number for balance updates and activity. I also use a password manager, but I am scared to lose this amount of money.

The happy discount codes from capital one Spring are not working as of now, they give an error code on the happy website. I don't know if this is a temporary glitch or something more permanent.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this and would caution anyone who is a heavy purchaser/user/combiner of Disney GCs to be careful. In addition to myself, I now know of two other heavy users who have had the exact same experience that I did with my $2500 in GCs being voided. I can't speak for their passwords, but my Disney password and my checking account password are two unique passwords. Disney has also suspended all my in-app purchasing abilities since this incident, including mobile order, Genie+, etc. At no time did Disney do anything like ask me about recent purchases with my GCs or to verify anything. They wouldn't give me any information at all as to the balances on my cards, and didn't mention any fraudulent transactions ever occuring. They simply demanded proof of purchase for every GC ever purchased and combined, but refused to tell me the GC numbers so I could search through my receipts to find the correct ones. After I refused to provide anything and started calling multiple times a day, they finally refunded all of my money with no explanation. Asset Protection refused to ever return any of my phone calls or emails. I am not a tinfoil-wearing conspiracy theorist, but I absolutely believe they are targeting frequent users and buyers of GCs, and you have to get really nasty with them to get your money back.

ETA: Never received any emails about "You've transferred a gift card" or "You deleted a gift card" because Disney never transferred or deleted any of my cards. They were all still in my account, just all showing with balances of $-.--

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter