@garris3404

I'm going to say no. If you can't use a regular Lowe's gc to buy DGC I can't imagine they would allow you to use a rebate egift card. I don't have a DP for this so if you'd like to try please report back. :thumbsup2

Just a slight vent about a physical GC I bought from ShopDisney n Aug 1. It was shipped Aug 3. I still haven't gotten it. It's been at the usps facility 20 min from my post office 4X!!!! Then back to Jacksonville, Atlanta, Stl, KC, near me, but never to my dang post office!!! I've called USPS 3x. They keep marking my case as resolved and I never hear back from them in 2-3 days like they say I will. I've called the local post office and they have sent a note to the facility near by to snatch it when its scanned again, but I have little faith. I have never been this frustrated in my life. Ok, maybe I have, but not over something this stupid.
Update, yesterday it was in St Louis (I'm in Mo). This morning it's back in Jacksonville. At this point, I'm ready to just reach out to Disney and see if they can void that card and send me another one.

Update, yesterday it was in St Louis (I'm in Mo). This morning it's back in Jacksonville. At this point, I'm ready to just reach out to Disney and see if they can void that card and send me another one.

Did you use a cashback website? Hmmm, I'm thinking they will void CB.

Don’t be afraid to ask if you see a sales tag for something you want and it’s out. One time mine was OOS Disney but I asked if they had more and they opened the gift card display case and pulled out Disney GCs. Here I was thinking they might say “on an end cap somewhere I think I’ve seen them” and then they go over to the display and pull out a stack of like 50 from inside 😆

I looked, they didn't have tags for them on the few empty spots either. They really didn't have as many gc as I expected.

Just in case this DP is of interest to anyone:
I changed my Chase Sapphire Preferred to a Chase Freedom Flex in order to get the annual fee back. Prior to the change, I had made an OD/OM purchase of $80 to use an offer. Since this change was from a Visa to a MasterCard, the number changed and all the offers listed disappeared. But the offer still tracked and I just got the $8 back on my Freedom Flex. So, somehow, Chase keeps track of it on the back end because the offer doesn't even appear as redeemed. Regardless, I'm happy.

I looked, they didn't have tags for them on the few empty spots either. They really didn't have as many gc as I expected.

I know that they wouldn't do regular gift cards... as Black Friday last year Dollar General had LOWES cards 15% off. I bought a bunch for a deck project we had going... nearly $3500 worth, could only do two per transaction. But no issue doing back to back transactions, though the casher thought it was strange - as did my Credit Card company.

But did check and you couldn't use the GC to buy a GC, they did have Disney in my store. As I was going to go get more... I expect one of those rebate cards would be much the same.

BlackFriday was the time to get Gift Cards of all types....

For the GameStop did you get a Disney GC and if so did you know if it was a face value card, or a variable load.

If it is a variable load do you know if the minimum value was $15 or $25?
Not asking me, but mine were variable load cards, it's very obvious when you look at them. They have a dollar range on the package, which I just threw out, so I'm not sure what it is.

I received an email from giftcards.com,

What are you waiting for? 5% Off.

Um, let me think...:idea: ...10% Off! :laughing:

I'm fairly certain I read on DOC's site VV were not working at Kroger Online. I haven't tried again since 7/03/21 so has this changed? Can anyone else confirm? What a drag if it's true.

Around the time they would have used VV, Kroger Online was having their Summer Deal Days which may have prevented that person from using VV. When I made my purchase I bought DGC during 4x fuel.

Edit to add: 7/03/21 Invoice from Kroger
1661450088831.png

Last edited:
Not asking me, but mine were variable load cards, it's very obvious when you look at them. They have a dollar range on the package, which I just threw out, so I'm not sure what it is.
Thanks I was thinking about asking someone at Kroger (Starting at $15) or CVS (Starting at $25) if I could have some that were not loaded and then bring it to GameStop as mine did not have any. I just wasn't sure which one to ask about.

Thanks I was thinking about asking someone at Kroger (Starting at $15) or CVS (Starting at $25) if I could have some that were not loaded and then bring it to GameStop as mine did not have any. I just wasn't sure which one to ask about.

Wait, what?
Have you done this before?
I've read elsewhere that peeps have "taken" them which isn't cool. I can't imagine any store allowing it when asked. How intriguing.

It took forever but my first Staples credit posted to one of my Chase cards. Did the two Home Depot credits today. I have like six more to finish in the next week or so.

Most are 25 to 500.

You'd have to ask game stop because they are the one that you would be buying it from. And I can't imagine they would be ok with bringing one in, especially if they don't normally sell them.

But I doubt kroger or any other store us just going to let you take a card.

Honestly I'd find another game stop or another gc or just let the offer go. We can't use them all.

Wait, what?
I've read elsewhere that peeps have "taken" them which isn't cool. I can't imagine any store allowing it when asked. How intriguing.

The one's I read i think we're taking them to be able to use at the same store later, not a completely different store.

Wait, what?

Nor a different store being able to load them... I'm sure the bar codes are very specific to each vendor. So I doubt a GS could even activate a card "gotten" from a different vendor.

Wait, what?
No I never have done this. Even though the cards state "Card not valid until activated" I would not remove anything from a store without receiving permission to do so.

Nor a different store being able to load them... I'm sure the bar codes are very specific to each vendor. So I doubt a GS could even activate a card "gotten" from a different vendor.

I doubt that. There's no way they print that many different packaging types and barcodes for each different chain/store that carries 3rd party cards.

More likely when they are shipped the lot is assigned to an individual chain or store so they can be tracked.

Yes that is why I was trying to determine the initial load amount. As @afan pointed out most were $25 but if I was even going to do this I would want to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter