I've been using Rakuten since its origins as Ebates in the early 2000's and while they always 'reserve the right' to revoke a tracked amount, I have not had an instance where they have reverted my cashback. I have however had items that did not track suddenly appear weeks later! So I'd say its a very high probability if it tracks you will receive the amount stated.

BTW, which style did you buy on your DGC on shopDis?

Amazon Warehouse: Additional 20% Off
Direct Link to offer. To learn more go to DOC

GiftCards.com:
Black Friday Sale: 11/26 through 11/28
  • 5% Off All VISA Virtual Gift Cards with code BLACKFRIDAY2021
  • Link
  • Cyber Monday Sale: 11/29 only
    • 5% Off All VISA Virtual Gift Cards with code CYBERSALE
    • Link
  • Max 3 VISA Virtual Gift Accounts from GiftCards.com while supplies last.
  • Maximum discount of $37.50 with each promotion.
  • Excludes GiftCards.com for Business orders. DDG

Sam's DP & More: UPDATE
  • Black Friday Disney eGift Cards began promptly at 12:01 am EST on 11/25/21 and sold out quickly.
    • Limit 2 per account was enforced.
    • Stacked with Dosh and cb websites Rakuten / RMN - payout unknown.
    • Start Post #5269
Thanks everyone for posting! I would greatly appreciate a follow up on your final payouts. Also note, not a single DISer reported a cancellation. :thumbsup2
I got 9.00 from Rakuten (my first purchase through them, so I'm also getting a 40 dollar new member bonus) and it says 18.00 from Dosh (but I hadn't gone through their app - so I don't know. I did use the one card I put on that account 🤷‍♂️). And Chase's Ultimate Rewards is allowing me to do "Pay Yourself Back" for wholesale stores for a 10% increase - so I think I'll do that (this was my first/only purchase at a wholesale store).

I got 9.00 from Rakuten (my first purchase through them, so I'm also getting a 40 dollar new member bonus) and it says 18.00 from Dosh (but I hadn't gone through their app - so I don't know. I did use the one card I put on that account 🤷‍♂️). And Chase's Ultimate Rewards is allowing me to do "Pay Yourself Back" for wholesale stores for a 10% increase - so I think I'll do that (this was my first/only purchase at a wholesale store).
Just remember to not deplete your "cash" and let it pile up so get can max it out before the deadline. I'm waiting for my cash to post so I can get my 10% as I emptied it out before I realized BJ's qualified! I was also able to transfer cash back from my other Rewards card to the Ultimate card.

Is it better to go through BJs Wholesale or through Rakuten/Shop Disney? Just not sure if it’s giving you the cash back on gift cards, I have the chase offer as well. I am looking to get around $900 in gift cards ? Thanks

Last edited:
Is it better to go through BJs Wholesale or through Rakuten/Shop Disney? Just not sure if it’s giving you the cash back on gift cards, I have the chase offer as well. I am looking to get around $900 in gift cards ? Thanks

What's the chase offer? I see OfficeMax/Depot 10% with max $8, they sell DGC too.

Rakuten/Shop Disney is better if you actually get it. BJ is guaranteed 6% off.

Last edited:
Have a question regarding Lowe's gift cards. Does anyone know if they can be used for paying on a Lowes credit card balance? We're doing our kitchen and have been buying things with zero interest Lowe's financing. Whenever I see a special for Lowes gift cards, I always wonder if there's a way to apply those to the balance.

Unfortunately, a Lowe's Gift Card can't be used to make payments on any charge account. However, you can purchase the item with a gift card and put the remaining balance on the credit card. This split payment method can save you some money when using discounted gift cards.

have you tried going in to the store to pay off the credit card at the cash register? Customer service can set up a payment on your credit card from there. I have done it a few times to get it paid off immediately when I needed more credit for work but have always just used a debit card, never thought to check if I can swipe a credit card or gift card but it seems as if it’s just a regular transaction-though might have special requirements.

If it’s needed soon, I’d probably just do shopDisney up to the Chase offer (I’m guessing it’s 10% on up to $50 spend) and just do the BJ’s deal. It’s guaranteed and also immediate, so not only are you sure about it, it’s not a rebate that you have to wait months for. If you have a while, I’d probably just buy $50-$100 from shopDisney and wait for similar offers and chip away a little bit at a time.

Has anyone successfully gotten rakuten back on amounts over $500? I see a couple posts for folks that bought $100 I guess you could do like 8 transactions of $100 or some odd amounts

Welp, shopDisney reported $0 for my $50 physical Spider-man GC.

Those of you got Rakuten tracked successfully, which GC did you buy?

nJeAhz9.png

Does Rakuten have a limit on the 15%? Can you do multiple orders? I bought 2 $100 GC's in one order and I'm getting $30 + $15 with the sign up bonus.

I'll buy a couple more if I still qualify for the 15%. This is taking the sting out of missing out on the Sam's club deal LOL

Meijer Online: Save $10 when you spend $50 or more in Select Gift Cards
Includes: Doordash, GapOptions, AMC Theaters, Chipotle and Ulta.​
Expires 11/27/21.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter