To all who don't know....

Have you ever read the back of a physical DGC?

View attachment 817377

Lost, damaged or stolen cards may be replaced only if original proof of purchase receipt and complete card number are provided.

@AJruns
If you want to understand all the information you're responsible for @gottalovepluto wrote it down...

We know this due to peeps posting here and on the original DGC thread what was required from them. Dates of Transfer is a must.

Post # 7 Disney Gift Cards 101

Fair Warning
  • Verify Your Gift Card Balance: Some have reported gift cards were not activated when purchased and they had to go back to the store to resolve, receipt will be required.
  • Discounted Websites: You should never combine Disney gift cards purchased from discounted websites with gift cards purchased from a regular store. If the gift card gets reversed <link or reported stolen, not only can Disney freeze your gift card but they can freeze your account. While trying to get your funds back, Disney may request proof of purchase. Therefore, we recommend saving all receipts and empty gift cards until your vacation is over. We also recommend keeping a spreadsheet of all transactions.
So officially, Disney can cancel any gift cards you purchased on raise or a 3rd party site since one of their terms is "not for resale"?

Just an FYI, $100 worth of Landry’s gift cards are $74.99 at costco. It’s not Disney but there are several Landry’s restaurants on WDW property.
(🤞 the link works)

https://www.costco.com/landry's-multi-brand-restaurants-%2526-more-e-gift-card-two-%2450-%24100-value-71-restaurants.product.100793615.html?sh=true&nf=true
Someone was asking for these the other day 😂. Ask and you shall receive! I happily grabbed some the other day when I spotted this, it was just what I was hoping for!

So officially, Disney can cancel any gift cards you purchased on raise or a 3rd party site since one of their terms is "not for resale"?
Cancel?
Disney can freeze your entire account not just one gift card if they suspect fraud. It's been done.

Maybe, but I am not 100% convinced that Disney has the strictest 2-factor auth based on a few recent experiments I did. I’ve been a software engineer for 20 years…I ain’t chancing it. The best security practice is layers of security. I don’t feel comfortable storing cards on that site for the long-term. You’re welcome to have a different opinion.

Not sure why you tagged me, I never said people should or shouldn't keep their DGC on Disney's site. Personally I don't but I certainly do appreciate you sharing your opinion on the matter. Some peeps here do keep them on site and have had no issues whatsoever. Good on them and to each their own.

My response was about your comment of Disney gift card site being hacked. Imagine the few that have made such a claim without proof and those, like you, echoing the same on a gift card thread, nothing like causing wide spread panic not to mention falsehood. Let's dive a little deeper, if some wacko decided to hack DGC site, it wouldn't be on a person here or there, it would be widespread like into the thousands upon thousands who use their site.

I am pretty sure they don't even have the whole card number on the site anyways. I guess they could add their own gift card and then transfer it
You are correct, DGC site will not give you access to the full GC # or EAN that's why it's important you write those numbers down pen to paper.

Anytime a transaction is made on your account, you get an email - instantly. If your money is gone AND you didn't get an email there are a few things that could have happened; the physical card was jeopardized before purchase or someone hacked into your email account or store account and stole the eGift. Just know, Customer Service can track that information down, they can see every thing based on those numbers. The info @gottalovepluto posted is absolutely necessary to prove you own that card.

Food City
1702495959466.png

• Buy $50 Select Gift Cards for $35
    • Includes: Aeropostale, Fanatics, Gap, Golden Corral, Macy’s, Olive Garden, Topgolf and Ulta Beauty
    • Limit 1 per customer with digital coupon.
    • Digital Coupon
    • Note, digital coupon is single use.
    • Offer valid 12/15/23 – 12/16/23.

Wow! Some nice offers here!

H-E-B
1702497539977.png

• Buy $100 Select Gift Cards & Get $20 H-E-B gift cards
    • Includes: Dick’s Sporting Goods and Starbucks
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 H-E-B gift cards
    • Includes: Bath & Body Works, Burlington, Carter’s, Chipotle, Cinemark Theatres, Fandango, Golden Corral, GolfNow, Hawaiian Bros, JCPenney, Main Event, Sephora, Spa & Wellness, Sonic, Ulta Beauty and Vudu
    • Limit 1 per brand per account.
    • Must load digital coupons. Direct link
    • Expires 12/19/23
  • Buy $15 Favor Gift Cards & Get $5 off your basket
    • Limit 1 per brand per account.
    • Must load digital coupons. Direct link
    • Expires 1/02/24.

Last edited:
Newegg

1702498154200.png
  • $90 Domino's Bundle Deal for $69.99
  • $179.97 3 x Xbox 12 Month Game Pass Core Bundle for $145.99
  • $25 Domino's eGift Cards for $20
  • $25 Fandango eGift Cards for $20
  • $50 Red Robin Gift Cards for $40
    • Limit 15. Direct link
    • Expires 12/13/23. Expiry date unknown
Note, I was able to add posted limits though I did not check out. YMMV

Credit Cards & More
  • Newegg Citi Offers: Various Offers
    • Get 1%, 1.5% Or 2% Back On Up To 15 Transactions
    • May be redeemed 15 times by the offer end date.
    • Max award is a $25 statement credit.
    • Expires 12/21/23 or 1/20/24. Post #21396
  • Amex Business Gold card will earn 4x Membership Rewards if this is one of your top two earning categories this month.
  • Alternative Payment Method with VV
  • May also try shopping portal
  • Look into Payment Methods as well, I have no DP for PayPal or when using discounted Visa/Mastercard gift cards. Post #14164

Last edited:
Rouses Supermarket - Offer Extended
1702499374736.png

• Buy $100 + Select Gift Cards & Get $15 Rouses gift card
    • Includes: Academy, Bass Pro Shop, Darden, Google Play, Nordstrom, Outback Steakhouse, Roblox and Sephora
    • Valid once per transaction.
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 12/27/23.

RiteAid
1702500507214.png
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $8 BonusCash
    • Includes: Burlington, Fanatics and Spa & Wellness
    • Limit 2.
  • Buy $25 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 BonusCash
    • Includes: Chipotle, IHOP and Jersey Mikes
    • Limit 2.
  • Buy $25 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 BonusCash
    • Includes: Aeropostale, H&M and JCPenney
    • Limit 2.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 12/17/23 – 12/23/23.

Walgreens
1702501883633.png
  • Buy any TWO Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Walgreens gift card
    • Includes: Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Chipotle, ChooseYourCard, Fandango, Spa & Wellness Topgolf or Wayfair
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 12/17/23 – 12/23/23.

Not sure why you tagged me, I never said people should or shouldn't keep their DGC on Disney's site. Personally I don't but I certainly do appreciate you sharing your opinion on the matter. Some peeps here do keep them on site and have had no issues whatsoever. Good on them and to each their own.

My response was about your comment of Disney gift card site being hacked. Imagine the few that have made such a claim without proof and those, like you, echoing the same on a gift card thread, nothing like causing wide spread panic not to mention falsehood. Let's dive a little deeper, if some wacko decided to hack DGC site, it wouldn't be on a person here or there, it would be widespread like into the thousands upon thousands who use their site.

You are correct, DGC site will not give you access to the full GC # or EAN that's why it's important you write those numbers down pen to paper.

Anytime a transaction is made on your account, you get an email - instantly. If your money is gone AND you didn't get an email there are a few things that could have happened; the physical card was jeopardized before purchase or someone hacked into your email account or store account and stole the eGift. Just know, Customer Service can track that information down, they can see every thing based on those numbers. The info @gottalovepluto posted is absolutely necessary to prove you own that card.
Well…I didn’t “tag” you. You replied to my post and I replied with an informed opinion based on my professional experience dealing with cyber attacks.

I work as a software engineer in the financial service industry. A few years back, I worked at an organization where money was stolen out of people’s accounts because my org did not correctly implement 2 factor authentication. What happened was that individuals re-used a password on multiple websites and those credentials got leaked to the dark web because one of the other sites got breached. Our site wasn’t “hacked” and our passwords weren’t “leaked”, but a hacker got ahold of the shared credentials and were able to “hack” into a few individual accounts and wire-out the money to a different account. Proper 2-factor would have prevented this, as the username+password alone wouldn’t have been enough to get in.

Most financial hacks aren’t widespread attacks on an entire site (or “some wacko deciding to attack the DGC site”). They are usually targeted attacks that involve individuals re-using passwords, and the site not having proper 2-factor auth.

The incident at my employer never made the news. The company ate the losses, made the account owners whole and learned a valuable lesson about why 2-factor is mandatory when money is involved. These types of attacks happen every day, and you usually won’t hear about them. I was very careful in how I worded my post…I never said the DGC site was hacked. I said there were reports (on this very board) of people’s individual accounts being broken into.

In general, I *think* the DGC site does a pretty good job of handling 2-factor auth (better than my org at the time). My main concerns are

1.) There was a recent occasion where I recall logging into the site on a new device and I wasn’t sent an email code.

2.) In my professional opinion, the site should ask you for the code every time or give you the option of registering your device so it’s “trusted.” That is a standard practice for most financial institutions. That would give me confidence that it’s using a machine token to “register”/remember the device. My concern is they *might* be using an algorithm to “guess” whether 2-factor auth is needed rather than implementing strict device trust.

I am not trying to cause a “panic” or claim this is widespread. I am just offering my perspective. I always take a layered approach to security. When you deal with these things every day - it tends to make you paranoid. lol

And to give you some kudos - I think you raise a lot of good points about keeping track of all gift cards and saving receipts that I didn’t consider. I am going to be more careful about that (luckily I was able to track all of them down).

Last edited:
I notice that ShopDisney has a free shipping offer, today only, via coupon code FREESHIP. And the window for pre-holiday delivery with standard shipping is still open. So--order your themed gifts now! :santa:

I notice that ShopDisney has a free shipping offer, today only, via coupon code FREESHIP. And the window for pre-holiday delivery with standard shipping is still open. So--order your themed gifts now! :santa:
And buy backups for when they screw you a few days before Xmas.

In other news I’m definitely not still bitter about my ShopDisney experience…

Added Offers ~ 12/14/23

Discount District

Big Y
1702569699933.png

• Buy $100 Select Gift Cards for $80
    • Includes: Barnes & Noble, Choice Food & Laughs, DoorDash, Fanatics, Fandango, Gap, Roblox, Spafinder, Uber/Uber Eats and Xbox
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 12/27/23.

GIANT/Martin’s/Stop & Shop/Giant
Stop & Shop
1702569800692.png
  • Earn 4x Points on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Barnes & Noble, Domino's, Darden, GameStop, Mix It Up and Roblox
    • $2,000 limit per household.
    • Excludes: Mastercard Gift, Visa Gift, GPR, and Wireless products or coupons cannot be used.
    • Stop & Shop Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 12/15/23 - 12/21/23.

GIANT/Martin’s/Stop & Shop/Giant

Giant
1702570921176.png
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Off Your Grocery Basket
    • Includes: Barnes & Noble, Disney, Domino's, Darden, Fanatics and TopGolf
    • Grocery limit unknown.
    • $2,000 limit per household.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 12/15/23 – 12/21/23.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter