UPDATED-ALL NAMES HAVE BEEN SENT 1st Annual Ornament Exchange/Hanukkah gift exchange)

KathiWithAnI

<font color=006600>Found out it's not nice to teas
I sent out all names this morning... please let me know if you didn't get either an email or a PM form me!

OK UPDATE AGAIN!! I have found 7 emails that didn't go out this morning!
I am working on resending them now.... so if your initials are
BK, SY, DS, LB, RM, CC, or LM.. please check your emails again after 10pm EST.. that should give me a chance to resend all of these-- sorry to worry anyone! :)
Ok, I think NOW I am all done and with a couple minutes to spare! :)

Thanks
Kathi

Hey guys! I got this idea from the community board ( hope they don't mind me borrowing it ;-) ).
Would anyone be interested in a Collector's Board Ornament Exchange? Instead of a pin swap, we'll 'swap' ornaments! They can be handmade, or store bought..... it doesn't have to be a disney ornament
If interested, send me your:
DIS name
Real name
address
email address

I'll start another thread HERE where we can post how we decorate to give your swap partner some ideas! :)
If you want to participate, please have your info to me by November 9th, I will draw names over that week-end and send out the info Sunday night. Then we should all mail by 11/30.

Thanks and let's have fun!! :bounce:

Kathi
You can PM me or send info to ksdeyoung@yahoo.com

PS further down, someone suggests that we put a disney sticker or use a stamper with a disney character on the package, so that the person receiving the package will know that this package coming from an unknown person is the swap package... sadly at this time, this makes sense and I think is a good idea... if you don't have stamps or stickers.. you could draw a mickey head or even write-- "ornament swap" on the package :)

UPDATE!!!
Ok, I have had 4 requests to also have a Hanukkah gift exchange drawing, so I will leave this open until Sunday night, then I will do both drawings and get the names out ASAP :)
PM or email me ksdeyoung@yahoo.com :bounce:

<center>
xmas-poo-pig02.gif
xmas-mic-min04.gif
</center>

Kathi, I saw this on the Community Board as well...it looks like great fun!

Count me in!!:bounce:

Leslie

Check PM box, it is full and messages will not go thru. I had this problem too and needed to clean out the Sent box.

PM me this AM if you get a chance.

just bumping for all the people just getting home from work :)
Kathi

So Kathi, since it's just you and me so far...what kind of ornament do you like? I like snowmen :D

Hello....is this thing on?? Is anyone there??? Ornament swap....fun galore!!!! :D

Leslie

already sent Kathy my info and received confirmation back from her..can't wait!

Hey-- actually I have had about 6 or 7 responses :) by email

So I think we are on our way...... :bounce::bounce:

HI AGAIN - I JUST WANTED TO MAKE A LITTLE SUGGESTION.

WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS CONCERNING MAIL AND PACKAGES FROM UNKOWN SOURCES, THE COMMUNITY BOARD SWAP IS GOING TO MARK THEIR PACKAGES WITH A MICKEY OR SOMETHING IN THE RETURN ADDRESS NEXT TO THEIR NAMES. WE SHOULD DO THE SAME. MARK THE PACKAGE WITH A SYMBOL (MICKEY) OR EVEN PUT ORNAMENT SWAP ON IT TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF THIS IDEA?

I love Christmas.....

I like the idea of marking the package with a mickey. But you know what else is cool the post office has new padded envelopes decorated for Christmas....pretty nice way to send a gift.

email coming kathi.....

cindy

This is so great, thank you for organizing this!!!!
my wife (fluffernutter) and i (mickey&minnie) would love to be included, i sent you an email with our info.

thanks

But as someone who lights a menorah instead of a tree, can I request that the person assigned to me send me something to do with Hanukkah instead of Christmas?

Shari

WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS CONCERNING MAIL AND PACKAGES FROM UNKOWN SOURCES, THE COMMUNITY BOARD SWAP IS GOING TO MARK THEIR PACKAGES WITH A MICKEY OR SOMETHING IN THE RETURN ADDRESS NEXT TO THEIR NAMES. WE SHOULD DO THE SAME. MARK THE PACKAGE WITH A SYMBOL (MICKEY) OR EVEN PUT ORNAMENT SWAP ON IT TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.

I think you are right this is a good idea and I have updated my original post to include this info... I will also put a reminder in the email when I send out names :)

Shari,
You mean you don't put up a Hanukkah Bush every December? Just how many years ago did you move out of New York? LOL
Miss you,
Chris & Janet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter