**Updated 8/9/09** 2010 Dining Plans discussion, wishes, questions, rants and vents

It stinks that the price went up so much, but we're still doing it for 2010...the DxDDP, actually. We don't try and save money on the DDPs; we just like the convenience of prepaying our meals. That said, for our 2010 trip, we are going to be paying very close attention (as we always do) to make sure that we're getting our money's worth. At some point, convenience goes out the window if you're paying more for something that it's worth. We'll see. :rolleyes1

The price increase does not surprise me at all. :confused3 I think the next time we go (after our T'giving trip) we're going to give the QSDP a shot. There are not many other TS restaurants that we want to try and I think this increase totally made up or minds.

I still think it can be a great deal and it is oh so convenient to have everything prepaid, but I think we'll do a few TS OOP and try the QSDP. :thumbsup2

It depends a lot on where you want to eat, and what you want to eat. For us, after doing some research and calculations, it's still a better deal to get the DDP. Overall, we wind up saving 10 dollars a day (for 3 people) vs paying for the food.

It stinks that the price went up so much, but we're still doing it for 2010...the DxDDP, actually. We don't try and save money on the DDPs; we just like the convenience of prepaying our meals. That said, for our 2010 trip, we are going to be paying very close attention (as we always do) to make sure that we're getting our money's worth. At some point, convenience goes out the window if you're paying more for something that it's worth. We'll see. :rolleyes1

The deluxe plan for 2010 is the same price as it was for 2009. Only the basic DDP has the seasonal surcharge; only the basic DDP and the quick service dining plans have an increase in price for 2010, not the deluxe plan.

You have to realize that those paying OOP for meals have been paying seasonal surcharges for a while. Those on the DDP have been avoiding this seasonal surcharge. Disney's finally levelling the playing field. As somebody who uses the DDP, I was really enjoying not having to pay this seasonal surcharge but I knew Disney would eventually charge it.

You have to realize that those paying OOP for meals have been paying seasonal surcharges for a while. Those on the DDP have been avoiding this seasonal surcharge. Disney's finally levelling the playing field. As somebody who uses the DDP, I was really enjoying not having to pay this seasonal surcharge but I knew Disney would eventually charge it.

You are correct that there is a seasonal surcharge for people paying OOP. However, that surcharge is only in effect for certain restaurants, not for all restaurants that also accept the DDP. So for those who normally would not eat at those places and would not be affected by the seasonal surcharge if paying OOP, they are now paying a seasonal surcharge they never had to pay before and still would not have to pay if they are not eating at the restaurants that have that extra charge during that time. We are a family who goes to the popular character meals that have the seasonal surcharge even if we paid OOP (Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, CRT, etc.), but there are many that don't do character meals or all-you-can-eat restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter