Updated 1/22! Photos and a little reporting.

Today is Scotty and my 21st wedding anniversary. No real celebration, just us at home tonight with the family. We are such wild party people.:rotfl: I mention this because he and I were discussing the trip and I told him that I had wanted to leave on Sunday even though our reservation at the PPH doesn't start until Monday. I told him that we would stay at a cheaper place that night and he told me absolutely not. I was to plan the trip that I want. To add Sunday and the concierge. So we are going 1/5-1/10. An extra night!!:cool1: I love this guy!!:love:

Yesterday was a big day. He and I walked the house. The last time he and I had been together in the house was the night of the fire. So many changes from then.:goodvibes The last time I had been in the house it was over a month ago and there had been no second floor. We not only have stairs now but an upstairs too! I was told that my bathroom which is going be done in Disney Villains will have a bench or shelf it didn't have before. I need to find something to put there that is Villain related I think.

Today is Scotty and my 21st wedding anniversary. No real celebration, just us at home tonight with the family. We are such wild party people.:rotfl: I mention this because he and I were discussing the trip and I told him that I had wanted to leave on Sunday even though our reservation at the PPH doesn't start until Monday. I told him that we would stay at a cheaper place that night and he told me absolutely not. I was to plan the trip that I want. To add Sunday and the concierge. So we are going 1/5-1/10. An extra night!!:cool1: I love this guy!!:love:

Yesterday was a big day. He and I walked the house. The last time he and I had been together in the house was the night of the fire. So many changes from then.:goodvibes The last time I had been in the house it was over a month ago and there had been no second floor. We not only have stairs now but an upstairs too! I was told that my bathroom which is going be done in Disney Villains will have a bench or shelf it didn't have before. I need to find something to put there that is Villain related I think.

So now you get 2 official days of being able to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday because you're arriving one day earlier!:cool1:

I'm going to that Friday the 13th Limited Time Magic "Unleash the Villains" event madness next month, so let me know if you want me to look for anything special related to that -- maybe merchandise that says "13th Hour" or "Unleash the Villains" on it that is only available on that one day?? I'm not sure what will be there, but we know there will be Villains.

The new bathroom will be better than ever!

So now you get 2 official days of being able to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday because you're arriving one day earlier!:cool1:

I'm going to that Friday the 13th Limited Time Magic "Unleash the Villains" event madness next month, so let me know if you want me to look for anything special related to that -- maybe merchandise that says "13th Hour" or "Unleash the Villains" on it that is only available on that one day?? I'm not sure what will be there, but we know there will be Villains.

The new bathroom will be better than ever!

Oh Sherry that is exciting!! My oldest Kacy is doing her bedroom Haunted Mansion. She has pillows that I bought on the disneystore.com and I may order wallpaper I saw on another website that is very much like the Haunted Mansion design. I wonder what fun stuff they will have? Oh and to round out the Disney theming the downstairs hallway bathroom is going to be Princess themed. Kody has also said she might like Peter Pan decals for her walls. We are going to have a Disney house for sure!

I'm just over-joyed knowing you're taking this trip!!! Your family needs this piece of happiness......I just can't even imagine all the different emotions you each have gone thru since the fire. *+*+*PIXIE DUST*+*+* is definitely in order!!

I'm sorry I wasn't much help regarding the concierge breakfast offerings.......we didn't really eat breakfast in the lounge. I will say, if you can afford adding the concierge.....you won't be sorry. They have different foods & drinks available all day & you can save a ton of money at the parks, stopping by the lounge on your way out & grabbing water bottles.

We hit one of the happy hours and enjoyed a complimentary beer (or wine) with some yummy appetizers!! We grabbed desserts and put them in our room for snacks.

They can also help you with dining ressies if you decide to add or change something after you arrive.

I had mentioned in my reports that the reason I favor PPH over DLH or the GCH is because of the wood colors. This doesn't matter to some people......but for me (who is seasonally affected) it does. I love how "sunny" it feels there.....cheery & laid back.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Happy belated anniversary princess:pirate:

YAY for another day :dance3:

Happy Anniversary! And yay for an extra day in Disney.

A Villain themed bathroom? Cool! I hope you'll share pictures. :thumbsup2

I'm just over-joyed knowing you're taking this trip!!! Your family needs this piece of happiness......I just can't even imagine all the different emotions you each have gone thru since the fire. *+*+*PIXIE DUST*+*+* is definitely in order!!

I'm sorry I wasn't much help regarding the concierge breakfast offerings.......we didn't really eat breakfast in the lounge. I will say, if you can afford adding the concierge.....you won't be sorry. They have different foods & drinks available all day & you can save a ton of money at the parks, stopping by the lounge on your way out & grabbing water bottles.

We hit one of the happy hours and enjoyed a complimentary beer (or wine) with some yummy appetizers!! We grabbed desserts and put them in our room for snacks.

They can also help you with dining ressies if you decide to add or change something after you arrive.

I had mentioned in my reports that the reason I favor PPH over DLH or the GCH is because of the wood colors. This doesn't matter to some people......but for me (who is seasonally affected) it does. I love how "sunny" it feels there.....cheery & laid back.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Hi! Thank you! I am really thrilled and excited about our upcoming trip! I have made changes though.:rotfl: Again!

Happy belated anniversary princess:pirate:

YAY for another day :dance3:

Hi! Thank you!

I love an extra day!

Happy Anniversary! And yay for an extra day in Disney.

A Villain themed bathroom? Cool! I hope you'll share pictures. :thumbsup2

Hi! Thank you! I am so excited for another night!

Yes! How could I resist sharing pictures? It's a major part of me! Are you on Facebook? If you are and want to be friends let me know in a PM. I post pictures of the house all the time! And I post a link to my blog all the time too. Shameless attention twit that I am!

:scratchin Ohhhhhh, do tell!! ::yes::

Well.....one change I am ready to talk about is that yes we are starting our stay one day early!:cool1: The main one is that I purchased my AP today. I wasn't going to but I got to thinking that the AP discount on the hotel might be nice. So think changes in rooms at least....I am going to really talk it over with Scotty tonight and tomorrow the changes will be in affect and I will be sharing.:goodvibes

Well.....one change I am ready to talk about is that yes we are starting our stay one day early!:cool1: The main one is that I purchased my AP today. I wasn't going to but I got to thinking that the AP discount on the hotel might be nice. So think changes in rooms at least....I am going to really talk it over with Scotty tonight and tomorrow the changes will be in affect and I will be sharing.:goodvibes

YAY for the AP!!! :cool1: Mine ends on Dec 6th and Mike & I won't be there until Dec 8th......heavy sigh.....don't think we're renewing it. :sad2: We're planning a 2 or 3 day trip and I don't think I'm going to the Diva trip in February because we flat won't have any money. In fact because of the inheritance....we figure we'll owe money at tax time. :scared: So not sure getting an AP would pay for itself this time.

Can't wait to hear what you plan on doing!!

YAY for the AP!!! :cool1: Mine ends on Dec 6th and Mike & I won't be there until Dec 8th......heavy sigh.....don't think we're renewing it. :sad2: We're planning a 2 or 3 day trip and I don't think I'm going to the Diva trip in February because we flat won't have any money. In fact because of the inheritance....we figure we'll owe money at tax time. :scared: So not sure getting an AP would pay for itself this time.

Can't wait to hear what you plan on doing!!

I figure what I am saving on rooms alone pays for the AP. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Yup. I sense more changes a-coming on this PTR or not....

Finally can see your PTR link in your siggie. Not sure what was wrong with DIS before. Anyways, here and following along! :thumbsup2

Leger13 said:
Finally can see your PTR link in your siggie. Not sure what was wrong with DIS before. Anyways, here and following along! :thumbsup2

Hi Carla!! Welcome to the thread!!

Okay now for the big announcement.....(why is there no drum roll emoticon?)

I have decided to go with my favorite hotel. We are going to rent three rooms at the Ayre's. It saves us roughly $2500. I figure that will buy the tickets and food. In the long run it is much better for all of us. Not earth shattering but I am happy with the decision. That also means that I have pictures that I can post of the hotel before we go even! And once we are there! Oooh! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter