Update: This swap is officially closed - Cruise Swap Round II Sign-Ups

DaisyMay said:
:wave2: Hi,
I would like to sign up for paper peicing in group A and group B if it's not taken. Group A theme would be Donald's life jacket drill. In group B haven't decided yet.
This is my first Swap and it sounds like alot of fun. We will be sailing on Dec. 16th.. Can't wait :cool1:

TinkerKat:
Basically, paper piecing is "piecing" together a pattern, that is similiar to a die cut. For example, you could add an adorable little boy to your layout...his body may be of tan colored paper, while his hair and clothing are different colors -- all of these are "pieced" together on your page to make the pattern come to life! It's a layering effect. Hope this helped.

Susan

Susan the only thing still available was shaker box. Unless the ladies don't mind a different element .

Cyndi princess:

By the way ladies I closed out the swap. Final details will go out by tommorrow afternoon.

Cyndi princess:

If I'm doing borders and photo mats, will all 4 need to match or do I match one border with one photo mat and the other with the other?

Ohana 4 said:
If I'm doing borders and photo mats, will all 4 need to match or do I match one border with one photo mat and the other with the other?

It should all be one theme, but you can change the way they look. Most people use the same papers and embellishments. You can see examples of the previous swaps here:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31603140&f=

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31336693&f=

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31703940&f=

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31804625&f=

Cyndi princess:

nicki dahling said:
Are you asking to change your item in group B ?

Cyndi

Nope - my wanted group b item (tags) had already been taken by the time I posted so i was asking for my group b item to be a shaker box.

According to the first post - with the updates - I am suposed to do
Group A - Journal boxes
GRoup B - Shaker box

This is sooooo exciting!! I was disapointed when I missed the first one.

I had someone down for tags when they actually had no signed up for it. Do I open the swap up for one more person ? They can do frames in group A, and tags in group B.

Cyndi princess:

OurDogCisco said:
Cyndi,

I'll take it if no one else wants it...

Tina

Well its 11 pm, and knowone else has posted, so its all your's.

Cyndi princess:

nicki dahling said:
Well its 11 pm, and knowone else has posted, so its all your's.

Cyndi princess:

Cool!! For my theme, I think I'll do PALO...

Thanks,
Tina!!

Now off to plan my next cruise!!! I wish those 2007 dates would open up soon!!

I need themes from the following ladies :

ksjayhawks
Tinkerkat
Scrapperjill
RealMickeysGirl
Bubbasmom 99
bclydia
cpnksteff

This way I can post final details.

Cyndi princess:

Sorry-- I thought I posted it up above... Mine will be "day at sea" (sorta nautical, I guess).

Oh dear! Themes! Aaack! Having not yet been on a Disney Cruise, I'll keep mine pretty generic.
How does Disney Cruise Line sound for the photo mats in Group A and Nautical Mickey for the paper piecing in group B?
If that's not specific enough, let me know and I'll give a friend a call who knows about these things and pick her brain for ideas!!

nicki dahling said:
I need themes from the following ladies :
RealMickeysGirl
This way I can post final details.
Cyndi princess:

Well, for my shaker box I will have either a port hole that will have Mickey heads worked in (perhaps hidden ;)) with beachy stuff in the shaker part.

For my journal boxes, I was planning on doing something you could use for journaling for Castaway Cay or one of the islands - Tropical but also with Mickey heads worked in somewhere. I didn't want to do a specific port because everyone doesn't stop at the same ports. PM me if you have a better suggestion.

Also - I like to use lined paper in my journal boxes - is that ok with everyone? It helps me keep my writing straight. I know some people don't use it so I want to do them the way the majority wants. - Just pm me if you have a preference.

Ladies your theme should be the same for group A and B. The idea is that you will get back at least two matching elements for a two page spread.

B99 somehow I missed it, but I do remember you posting.

Cyndi princess:

nicki dahling said:
Ladies your theme should be the same for group A and B. The idea is that you will get back at least two matching elements for a two page spread.
Cyndi princess:

Hi :wave2:

I will make sure they match - both will have elements of portholes. I will be sure that they can be used together.

Thanks for the reminder.

Sandy :wizard:

Hey Cyndi! Is "Magical Cruise" a theme? I'm working on my prototypes right now, and all I can think is Magical....
Kathy

Your opinion please....

Do you want these to be vertical borders or horizontal borders?

Originally I thought vertical, but now that I'm looking at them, it seems to make sense to make them horizontal (like waves).

I was going to embellish them with squares for the "A Day at Sea" titling, but I can leave them as is (kinda plain though) so that people can choose to use them horizontally or vertically.

Anyone care one way or the other??

cruiseswapborder.jpg

Aaack! I hate not having my internet when I'm out of town. Don't ever try to use Budget Dialup :(

OK, I missed this swap. Could you put me down as an angel in case someone needs to drop?

Thanks!

Jeanne

bubbasmom - I like the title! And either way is fine with me, either horizontal or vertical. I guess I'm not much help...but I do think it looks good! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter