Update on me & SIOLB---Updated again 7/30/08

I need to get little bit something! Y'all have the sports stuff covered, DH would have a fit if I sent Braves stuff huh?

Hmmm, what about a Mini? I better start him off right about which cars to buy.

Where did you register anyway?

Not that it's my business but I'm short and labored with all 4 of my kids. DD was over 8 lbs.
I'm really surprised your Dr would opt for surgery if it wasn't necessary. Interesting.

On the other hand, we would have a date and will be stalking the boards on baby day!

I'm short.. 5'2 and I labored all mine except the last one... I was in labor 3 mins apart..but he turned and went breech so w/in an hour of being at the hospital I was a new mom again.... they didn't need to rush the c-section but they had 3 other ladies in labor and this was the best time to have the OR and the anesthesiologist was on the floor already w/ an epidural that they just sent me right in! :)

Buffy,

YOU will have to call me; I hope to be around...but the kids have fair activities that day..
I'm glad SIOH kept the date the 23rd because I don't think the rabbit show would enjoy me scaring the rabbits when I screamed on the 22nd! :)

I need to get little bit something! Y'all have the sports stuff covered, DH would have a fit if I sent Braves stuff huh?

Hmmm, what about a Mini? I better start him off right about which cars to buy.

Where did you register anyway?

We registered at Walmart, Target, and Babies R Us. I'm telling you--Babies R Us blew my mind! We were in there for 3 hours registering. . .and we didn't register for a lot, I just kept wandering around looking at stuff!!

For the C, I think that in addition to being short, it's a concern that he's going to be big, and that his head is going to be big. Dang DH the 10 pound baby with the big head!! (Of course we won't mention that I was a 9-something pound baby with an equally large head. . .I blame this entirely on DH!!).

Nancy, I have your home number on my call list--if you'll pm me your cell (if you want), I'll have DH call you!! :)

I'm anxious to see if it will be the 23rd or the 1st. Or, hey, maybe he'll decide to come somewhere in between! ;) Either way, it's getting close, and I'm ready to meet this little man!!!

Oh how exciting... SIOLB will be here soon!
Would someone mind calling me? I'm planning to be in your area on the 26th, but I will pass this trip and meet up with you another time. I'll be back in October for a family baby shower that I'm throwing, so maybe we can meet up then.
I too, had large babies and had c-sections for both. The first I did both- it sucked. The second was a planned date- love it.
Just remember to rest up afterwards and let other people do the house stuff.

S :)

I'll call you MT! :)

Hey!! Guess what SIOLB's Colts attire is purchased.. I had to leave w/ just that because my kids were filling the cart! OMG!

We need to start a phone tree! LOL

So I am calling Nancy if his Birthday is the 23rd right? I can do that, and I can call Holly too.

Hey Buffy,
you'll have to call and see how DS does at the fair anyway... so don't forget!
Hol, I don't have your number but I would call you!

Cool! An SIOLB phone tree! ;)

DH will definitely post to the board and post some photos, too. He participates in a video gaming board (see, we both have our own "imaginary friends"!) so I know he'll want to post there, too. Laptop, camera, camera cord are the first 3 things on his list for his "dad bag". I mean, who needs food or extra clothes?!?!

Nancy--how cool that Colts attire has been purchased!!! Thank you!! I'm thinking I should get DH to set up a teeny tiny goalpost at the end of the crib so that SIOLB can start working to take my BF's place! :rotfl2:

Shawna--I would love to meet up with you in October!! That would be awesome!!

I am worn out today. They started on the flooring yesterday--the tile guys (who are doing 2 bathrooms, the utility, and the sunroom) were here from about 8:30 until 3:45 or so. They are supposed to finish this Thursday (here each day until then). They are very nice, so that's good. DH & I got up yesterday at 6:00 (neither of us slept much the whole night) so we could get everything finished before they came. The guys who laid the Pergo (laminate flooring) in the other rooms didn't get here until about 10 a.m. yesterday, and then they didn't leave until 10 p.m. last night!! They did a really good job, and I love how it looks, but when you're moving the furniture back at 10 p.m., it's not so much fun! ;) Today, I get to do some work at home for my actual work, and then break out the Pledge and dust the furniture!

Thank you again for all of your wonderful support to me, DH, and SIOLB!! Just 3 more days until the ultrasound!! :cool1:

The last few days are always so exciting getting ready for baby!!! I've been making lots of trips to Babies R Us to stock up on the essentials - if I get it all at once, I miss the opportunity to ooh and aah on a weekly basis! I've already started on getting clothes washed and put away. Setting up the nursery is so much fun. Is SIOLB's nursery finished yet?

You are so lucky to be getting new flooring. I know it's a pain to live through, but it will change the whole appearance of your house. Always gotta start fresh with a little one!

Rest up and keep cool! :)

I just got to read this thread...Thanks for letting us know what was going on!

I'm so glad that SIOLB will be here soon! I know that it's hot, uncomfortable, and you are just ready to hold him... Can't wait to hear the news that he is here!!!

How did the ultrasound go yesterday? Will SIOLB be making his grand entrance soon?
S :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter