** (UPDATE: Fixed!) Countdown Code Generator problem and workaround! **

WebmasterKathy

DIS Veteran
UPDATE: The countdown generator code has been corrected, and now properly opens your signature for editing!

There is a small problem with the countdown code generator, but there's an easy workaround.

The problem:
When you use the countdown code generator, everything works fine until the end, when the application tries to pop up your user profile and automatically paste the countdown into it.

The path to the user profiles changed a little with the board upgrade, and the countdown code generator is pointing to the wrong place. The result is that you will receive an error reading
"This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view."

The solution:
The fix for the problem now is to use the generator to create the countdown code, then copy and paste the code into your signature yourself. Once the code is generated, highlight the entire block of code. Then EDIT/COPY, go to your User CP, Edit Signature, and paste the code into your signature block.

(Thanks to the brilliant WMCricket for figuring this out!)

Please feel free to use this thread to test out your new countdowns for now until we get the problem resolved.

All countdown questions will be directed to this thread until that time.

Thank you for your patience!

Ok, on another thread I noted that the text that should go before my disney countdown somehow got moved up beside my RC countdown. KathyTX suggested to hit enter between the RC countdown and the text to get it to move down. I would do that but when I go in to edit my signature, all that is visible to me is my prior cruise stuff...none of the countdowns or text associated with them are visible for me to hit enter. So, how do I fix? Do I have to start whole signature over again and re-input countdowns?

Vossjemi- just to be sure I'm looking at the right thing here:

You're saying that you go to USER CP, click the EDIT SIGNATURE link, and the text you see in the signature block only shows part of what's in your signature? Is that correct?

(I added the return between your countdowns for you, but I want to be sure we understand what you're seeing in case this is another problem.)

Yes, that is correct. I see nothing other than the original text of my past cruises. Thanks for fixing it. Do I have the wrong view on possibly? I have enhanced interface WYSIWG.

HI Kathy,

I saved the countdown timer code and saved into my cp signature and I see it in the preview but don't see it in my test. In the preview, the title for the may cruise is in the wrong place. I tried using enter enter, but that didn't change the apperance in the preview and I still can't see the 2nd time in my test. HELP!

Thanks,
Pocono

poconoboatniks-
Can you give it another try, and this time not PREVIEW it? We do have some users reporting glitches with preview, and I'm wondering if you're not being allowed to save after previewing...

vossjemi -
Hmmm... I think we'll need to play with the different views, and see if that could be the problem.

Yay!!! That's exactly the problem, vossjemi! When I turned on WYSIWYG, I could not see the countdown code. When I switched to Standard Editor, there is was!

Now that we know what the problem is, we'll try to figure out what kind of resolution or workaround to use... Thanks for the help in identifying this one! :D

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! You guys ROCK!! My counter works:):)

Have a magical Disney Day!!

Psiklops (the creator of the countdown code) has made the change already so there shouldn't be any more problems with the "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view." situation anymore.

Please let us know if you find otherwise.

JC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter