UPDATE #293 FINAL LIST : DVC Christmas Tree, Sharing Holiday Magic!

We were lucky enough to have BWV tree no. 3 and would like to say a huge thank you to Cindy for donating the tree and the decorations and to anyone else who added to the decs. It really made a difference and we all thought it was a wonderful idea. Also many, many thanks to Sue fo all the hard work she has done to organise all the trees.

I just wanted to let you know that I tried to pick up my tree two days in a row and it wasn't there. I was a little sad for my family but I am mostly concerned about the next family and about the donation to ship. I checked with the front desk and the Concierge and no one could find it. I just thought you should know. I would also still be happy to donate to the shipping.

Here is our OKW tree. Thanks again for setting this up, it was wonderful

DisneyDec06079.jpg

karebear1 said:
We're just back from our trip to BCV's and wanted to thank liferbabe for sending our tree out. Even my kids who are 25, 24, and 23 were excited to see it when they walked into the room! It took Bell services a day to find the tree, but when they did, it was CHristmas in our room from then on out!

THANKS AGAIN!

You are welcome KareBear!! It was truly a team effort!! Did you see the DVC 2005 ornament? :wizard: That was the ornament from the Mixer last year.
I am getting so excited for our trip!
I would love to see a pic!

I did take a pic.... and YES I saw the ornament- it was cute! I'll try to post the pic- I think it's a little blurry, but it weill do. It's gonna take a day or two- that particular pic was downloaded to my DH's computer while we were there, so he has to burn a cd for me, but when he does, I'll post it!

THANKS AGAIN LIFERBABE!!

andriade said:
I just wanted to let you know that I tried to pick up my tree two days in a row and it wasn't there. I was a little sad for my family but I am mostly concerned about the next family and about the donation to ship. I checked with the front desk and the Concierge and no one could find it. I just thought you should know. I would also still be happy to donate to the shipping.

I hope they found it for susieab. Twotoohappy did you drop off the tree with Bell Services or the front desk? Kind of strange the tree would dissapear in two days, I hope it has been found because my DD is really looking forward to having a tree in our room.

Just a note as we just returned.......

We had:
OKW/SSR TRAVELING TREE
----------------
LauraBearz (Donating a Tree) *
pohhj80 Dec. 3rd - 8th SSR *
Gymbomom Dec. 10th - 15th OKW *
lisaviolet Dec. 17th - 22nd OKW *

We had a hard time at first getting our Christmas Tree on the 10th, the bell services couldn't find it. But, it was there, they found it the next morning on the 11th. I had to insist I KNEW it was there, to please check again. So just a thought if bell services say they can't find it.

Laurabearz ~~ THANK YOU so much for the tree. It was truly wonderful!! It really made our vacation. My mother always buys the family personalized handmade ornaments and they matched perfectly and were wonderful. We were in a Grand Villa, and the tree is SO nice and the ornaments are WONDERFUL!!
Instead of a thank you gift, we did as you asked and sent a hat for Slink this past October. :)
You made our trip magical! THANK YOU!!

poohj80 ~~ Thank you SO much for your gifts you included! We LOVED the ornament and we are dating it and adding it to our tree for years to come to serve as a memory of our wonderful trip. Thank you for driving the tree over and having it ready for us.

lisaviolet ~~ I hope you enjoyed the tree as much as we did! I did not use very much shipping tape on the box since it was not moving resorts and it was getting low on tape. We inculded $$ for donation along with poohj80. Please let us know if you had enough.

Finally wdwstar ~~ Thank you again for your time and effort setting this up!!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday! :)

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

OKWMom said:
We just returned from our trip to OKW and we all really enjoyed the OKW tree donated by BobNed. It was absolutely beautiful and he made sure to include all of the trimmings, including the balcony lights and the wonderful wreath you all saw in his posted photo. My children were amazed when we started pulling the decorations from the box and when we turned on the tree lights and balcony lights. They had no idea we would have our vacation “home” decorated for Christmas. Thank you again for your generosity and for helping to make my children’s vacation brighter.

I'm glad you and your children enjoyed the tree and wreath. It was a lot of fun putting it all together too. Hopefully we'll get to enjoy it again next year. Now to start working on better lights for the balcony. :rolleyes:

I will find out tomorrow if BCV tree #2 is still MIA. I hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS and I will report back when we return.

Here is what the DVC #2 BCV Boxes look like...

47b6cf36b3127cce8e85265cf3ab00000015108AZsWLNozbNR

You can see the information sheet on the outside. It is in a plastic page holder, and i taped the top just a bit, so you should be able to slide it in and out to cross off the names.... The blue folder containsa copy of the list and my return address, as well as an evenlope for the shipping donations... that folder will be in the ORNAMENT box, although BOTH boxes will have the plastic folder on the outside..

Both boxes are also marked with the tree # as shown below...

47b6cf36b3127cce8e852642f3b500000015108AZsWLNozbNR

And finally a close up of the two ornament choices... The red, or 2 sets of the multi... I am sending first multi to SSR Tree #2... the other two will be surprized which you get :-)

47b6cf36b3127cce8e852632f3c500000015108AZsWLNozbNR

Hope this helps you find them...

Sue's Mum said:
We were lucky enough to have BWV tree no. 3 and would like to say a huge thank you to Cindy for donating the tree and the decorations and to anyone else who added to the decs. It really made a difference and we all thought it was a wonderful idea. Also many, many thanks to Sue fo all the hard work she has done to organise all the trees.

Thanks Sue's Mum - we were glad to do it. Happy Holidays!

mcwho, you are amazing! There are enough supplies packed neatly in that box to decorate the entire VWL! Amazingly organized!

When we first got the tree (they had to look a bit for it, but found it after a few minutes), we didn't have time to set it up, so I placed it by the window and sang to it:
Oh Christmas box,
Oh Christmas box,
How lovely are thy flaps...

I'll post some pics of the set up display later!

Thanks!

box.JPG

:wave:

Hi everyone!! We're back from a great vacation, and the BWV tree # 1 is in fine shape and is in bell services waiting for the final family.

I don't know how/why, but the family before us "Aneille/parents Dec. 11th - 15th *" didn't pick up the tree. If you PM me, I have a gift to send you!

Bobbi :sunny:

Wow - what a fun trip we had and it was made even more special having VWL Tree #3... thanks Jimmy and family for donating the tree, and thanks for the candy canes! We took a couple of photos that I'll post in the next day or so, but just wanted to report that all is well with VWL #3.

When we checked in, I asked about it and the CM couldn't find it "in the back room" so we checked later at the Concierge desk. They also couldn't find it and then I had an "ah-ha!" moment and checked with Bell Services. They couldn't find it at first because when they had stored it, the side with the family names was turned away. And I could only remember "Jimmy" as the name for it, but I told them it would be a Christmas Tree box. One of the other bell services guys went in and came out with it almost immediately - he knew exactly what I was looking for. I hoisted it on my shoulder and carried it off to our studio! Wilderness Lodge was extremely busy, so I figured I could carry our tree :)

BTW, we noticed lots of trees in the windows of other rooms at the Villas - it was so nice to see that extra holiday cheer (and not have to be envious because we had some cheer in our room, too).

Thanks again for all of you wonderful DIS Board folks who coordinate and donate to make this happen!

Just wanted to thank wdwstar and Laurabearz for all ther hard work on making our trip just that more special.

Also all the families that take part in the donating and sharing of trees to keep this going from year to year.

The Martins
aka tmt martins

Just back from a great trip! Granny's room wasn't ready when we left Saturday, so we couldn't hand off the tree in person - hope he got it ok!

Sorry we didn't leave the amazing weather we had behind too!

Here's the tree:

tree2006.jpg

littree2006.jpg

Just back from a great trip! Granny's room wasn't ready when we left Saturday, so we couldn't hand off the tree in person - hope he got it ok!
Yep, we got it after Bell Services sent us to Valet services who found it at the front desk! No problem, and I can attest that VWL Tree #1 has made it's entire 2006 route in great shape.

It was a tremendous addition to our Christmas, and just as importantly helped my family to understand what a great group of people there are here at the DIS Boards.

I'll post more information when we get home, but I wanted to log on before the day is over to make sure I wish all my DIS friends a great Christmas!

Despite the rain and tornado watch today, we had a great time. This tree sharing part has made it even more of a great experience, and more thanks from my family to wdwstar and magicalmcwho for their efforts and generosity.

Now, if I can only figure out how to get all that stuff back in that box! I knew I should have taken pictures as I unpacked it!!

Just a note as we just returned.......

We had:
OKW/SSR TRAVELING TREE
----------------
LauraBearz (Donating a Tree) *
pohhj80 Dec. 3rd - 8th SSR *
Gymbomom Dec. 10th - 15th OKW *
lisaviolet Dec. 17th - 22nd OKW *

We had a hard time at first getting our Christmas Tree on the 10th, the bell services couldn't find it. But, it was there, they found it the next morning on the 11th. I had to insist I KNEW it was there, to please check again. So just a thought if bell services say they can't find it.

Oh my goodness. Same thing here Gymbomom!!! I sent her back in saying "it's there" ...after she said "nothing".....she was asking me for another name to look for at this point. I said "nope no different name". And voila!! The $$ is fine. BW charged a $5 handling fee for each box above the Fed Ex costs but it was no big deal for us to add one bit...the only thing is it is too bad that Laurabearz didn't receive anything. I only mention it so others will know in the future. Maybe next time I'll find one off property but to tell you the truth the $10 was worth the ease.

Thank you so much Laurabearz. Thanks so much for all your work and magic. BW Business center was supposed to send me tracking #'s for both boxes via email but nothing is there. So hopefully you will receive both boxes soon. If not, I'll contact them but I'm sure everything is fine.

Poohj80. Your Christmas decoration was beautiful. Thank you so much. So thoughtful of you. It added extra smiles to our vacation.

Happy New Year to all three of you and your families. We certainly got a special group and tree.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter