Upcoming problem with Caribbean Beach?

RunDisney Matriarch

You're never too old to RunDisney.
We just had a call from Disney offering to move us to the Yacht Club for Star Wars weekend with a complimentary upgraded room. The cast member denied Caribbean Beach was overbooked that weekend and said the only reason she was calling was to give people who had never stayed at the Yacht Club the opportunity to try it. We've stayed there a number of times so that can't be it. Does anyone know if there's a problem/going to be a problem at CB next month? It's our first visit to the property but I'm wondering if we need to delay.

OP, if you think Caribbean Beach is overbooked, and if you are trying to stay at every resort once, and if they offered you Yacht Club but you already stayed there... maybe tell them that you've already stayed at Yacht Club but you really would like to stay at [whichever resort you haven't stayed at yet other than Caribbean Beach] if they'll give you a free upgrade. But first, check disneyworld.com to see your desired resort has vacancies for the time of your visit. If Caribbean Beach really is overbooked, maybe they'll go for it.

If you do not want to stay at YC (which I understand), then call Guest Services and see if you can get something else. I think the number is (407) 939-5277

We just had a call from Disney offering to move us to the Yacht Club for Star Wars weekend with a complimentary upgraded room. The cast member denied Caribbean Beach was overbooked that weekend and said the only reason she was calling was to give people who had never stayed at the Yacht Club the opportunity to try it. We've stayed there a number of times so that can't be it. Does anyone know if there's a problem/going to be a problem at CB next month? It's our first visit to the property but I'm wondering if we need to delay.
No idea (certainly not buying the CMs BS) but man what an awesome upgrade. Enjoy!

I wonder if it's a quiet soft goods refurb and there's a building out of circulation or something?

Disney does this every now and then when cheaper resorts are full but deluxes aren't. The way they see it, moving you to an upgraded resort and selling your room again is better than letting the deluxe resort sit empty. It's your choice whether to take it or not, but unless you're really in love with CB, I'd go for the free deluxe upgrade.

If it’s a free upgrade, even if you’ve stayed there before, I’d totally go for the upgrade to a deluxe resort! Even if for no other reason than the EEH deluxe resorts get!

Man we're staying at CBR around Star Wars weekend time. I want a free YC upgrade. GIMME THAT CALL DISNEY!! (we won't get it because we're staying with a CM F&F discount but still...)

We are at CBR for the full week leading up to the May4th, Id be happy with that upgrade call other then the YC pool is closed for refurb?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter