• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upcoming port/itinerary changes HERE

Sorry if this has been answered but for those of you who were changed to the western itinerary, did DCL transfer your reservations from the Easteen? For example, if you had a Palo on a sea day, did it automatically transfer over even if the new itinerary is a port day?

Sorry if this has been answered but for those of you who were changed to the western itinerary, did DCL transfer your reservations from the Easteen? For example, if you had a Palo on a sea day, did it automatically transfer over even if the new itinerary is a port day?

All my reservations for Palo, beverage tastings, and character breakfast are still showing booked on the days/times I booked them. DCL hasn't released the excursions yet for the new itinerary. I'm wondering if stuff will change after that happens.

They sent an email to my travel agent that said anything not related to a port would be transferred over automatically, and that they may adjust some activities also. (I'm kind of hoping, for example, that they push our formerly sea-day wine tasting back in the day a little bit, as it's currently scheduled for 1:45.) Right now, everything looks just fine. The beverage seminars and Palo dinner we booked are still showing up right where we originally put them.

So far, we can't book new things. I was thinking it would open up at midnight tonight, because the letter they sent our travel agent said we could book things "after Friday." But the travel agent said that she believes they will just open it up as soon as they have everything ready, so I'm checking, checking, checking....

Now if only I can get someone to hate the new itinerary enough to cancel and give up their cabana on Serenity Bay, I'll be all set! :)

The private sail and snorkel excursion sounds awesome -- I've struggled over my last few cruises with young kids to find excursions they can go on. I'm definitely going to look that up in the future!

If your new itinerary is going to Cozumel, my vote with an 18 month old would be the Playa Mia beach break excursion. We did that when our older DS was 18 months and it was great. They have a whole section of small water features and water slides for young kids that he loved. There was a regular pool, too, plus the beach with chairs. And if you do have older kids, there is a whole area of inflatables in the ocean. We also did the Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman on that cruise -- not as much of a favorite for me, but DS did enjoy it. Fair warning, though, the "touch a turtle" section was a bust as they would not let kids that young touch the turtles. We just walked around the secured port area on Jamaica.

Good luck! You'll still have a fabulous time -- the Fantasy is an awesome ship and you'll still get that great topical feel from the Western islands! Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the advice Playa Mia beach break was one of the excursions I was thinking would fit for us. The other is the Eco-Park and snorkel (I think that's the name). We really want to do sting ray city in cayman, but haven't figured out the logistics with the 18 month old in tow.

We did the Playa Mia beach break when our granddaughters were 3 & 5. They had a blast at the water park. Spent the entire day there. I think we walked the beach for 2 minutes just to say we did. That was 3 years ago. So think that into this. This trip I just booked a Dolphin trip for the 7 of us. We did that place 2 years ago with the girls. Had a good time and was close to port. We'll grab a taxi for the short ride. Any thoughts on the Stingray tour at Grand Caymen? Is that OK for a 6 & 8 year old?

All my reservations for Palo, beverage tastings, and character breakfast are still showing booked on the days/times I booked them. DCL hasn't released the excursions yet for the new itinerary. I'm wondering if stuff will change after that happens.

When I looked yesterday all my reservations had been moved to new days with the exception of the port adventures.

They have done "double dip" cruises that were scheduled that way. And they tend to be considerably more than "regular" Castaway cruises.

To my knowledge they have not randomly added a day at Castaway before.

I have experienced "surprise" double dips twice - once on the Magic and once on the Wonder. Both were winter sailings where the weather was rainy and chilly on day one, so the Captain made the decision to go back to CC for the second day and skip the sea day. However, this was before the Dream and Fantasy were added to the fleet. I guess a double-dip might work now. But, once the Wonder and Magic are back in the Bahamas/Caribbean area, CC gets pretty busy.

I just checked again and mine are still in place. Hmmm...

Are you happy with the new placement??

For the most part yes. My only disappointment was that I had the character breakfast and a chocolate and liquor tasting for one of the sea days and now they have been moved to the Grand Cayman day. This is the only port that my husband wants to see so I guess I will have to cancel the tasting and the character breakfast.

For the most part yes. My only disappointment was that I had the character breakfast and a chocolate and liquor tasting for one of the sea days and now they have been moved to the Grand Cayman day. This is the only port that my husband wants to see so I guess I will have to cancel the tasting and the character breakfast.

Well I feel really stupid. After reading your post I realized we have those same two things booked on that same day. Then it hit me...our schedule IS different. You're right. They did move things. I had to rummage back through all my old emails to find out when I originally had stuff booked. We're good having the breakfast and tasting on GC day because we've been before and there really isn't anything we want to do.

I'm glad you said something! Sorry you're going to have to cancel stuff but I hope you have a good cruise regardless. See you on board!

So is Grand Cayman your other sea day? We are on the 10/21 Eastern cruise and waiting to see if lose our Palo Brunch. We want to go to Grand Cayman. Any one move the brunch to the last sea day? Also, is there any booking priority? We are Gold and it sounds like there is no priority booking and it's a free for all?

So is Grand Cayman your other sea day? We are on the 10/21 Eastern cruise and waiting to see if lose our Palo Brunch. We want to go to Grand Cayman. Any one move the brunch to the last sea day? Also, is there any booking priority? We are Gold and it sounds like there is no priority booking and it's a free for all?
Free for all......

There is a priority window for concierge. I am on the 10/7 sailing and concierge booked yesterday. Today was the rest of us.

Booked our excursions at 4am this morning, thank god for the morning shift!

This submarine thing looks cool

I'm on the 11/4 sailing so I'm assuming we will also get moved to a Western itinerary. Thank you for keeping us all informed so we can be ready. How did you know when to book the new excursions? Did you get an email? I see concierge got to do it the day before--how about platinum and silver? Did you all get an email telling you when to book? Thanks so much!

I'm on the 11/4 sailing so I'm assuming we will also get moved to a Western itinerary. Thank you for keeping us all informed so we can be ready. How did you know when to book the new excursions? Did you get an email? I see concierge got to do it the day before--how about platinum and silver? Did you all get an email telling you when to book? Thanks so much!

We did not get a email saying it was live. Last info from DCL just stated "after Friday." Someone posted on social media as well as here so I saw it. There was no advance booking for platinum, gold, silver...all at once....today. Yesterday was concierge.

Most all of them I was reading on Cruisecritic.com. Just glancing at them, looks like RC, Carniaval, MSC, etc went/going to Cozumel instead of Eastern. . . .

Keep in mind the above cruise lines often sail from Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. They might be able to make it to a southern Caribbean island however a ship from Port Canaveral could not go that far in a week with ports of calls.

I think from Ft. Lauderdale to Bermuda on a transatlantic we did in 2016 it was 3 days at sea to get there.

Also I think DCL is working hard to get the rescheduled cruises to locations where they can dock or tender in and there are a reasonable number of excursions available for the passengers on the DCL ships. Also adding days to Castaway Cay might not be an option as so many DCL ships go there and all the CMs do not all live at CC year round. Those CMs probably have second jobs near home. Plus I expect the ports that are opening are charging out of sight port charges and fuel charges too. DCL will take a big hit this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter