Upcoming "Fill in the Gaps" Swap

New England Eeyore

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to get the initial message out there about the upcoming "Fill in the Gaps" swap. The idea behind this was many of us, especially those of us who have been swapping for a long time, have certain gaps in our swap stash - attractions, rides, etc - that we have few or no swap items for. So this swap is to fill in your own personal gaps. Anyone interested can email me their "Wish List" of topics you'd like to create items for and that's how we'll come up with the groups for the swap. The groups will be small: 4-5 people max. Within the groups everyone will be working on the same topic, just with different element selection (1 element per person).

Once I get the "Wish Lists" I'll have a better idea of what kinds of topics we're looking at and how things fall. We can run groups as small as 2 (that's 2 more items than you have right now, was my thinking) or combine groups if there seems to be some logical fit. When I open up signups, I will automatically put you into the groups on your wishlist, then people are free to join other groups as they wish.

Old attractions are fair game here too. If you've never scrapped your Tarzan Rocks pictures, for example, now's your chance! I was thinking of rides and attractions when I thought of this swap, but it can also be a place for other topics that never quite fit in elsewhere - like someone mentioned the monorail awhile back. Because I believe we'll have swaps specifically devoted to restaurants and resorts in 2008 I'm going to exclude those from this one.

This has the potential to be a huge swap, so we have a longer time period to work. The due date will be January 10 so it will stretch over the holidays. Keep that in mind as you figure out what you have time for.

Signups will be on November 5, but I'll need the wishlists ahead of time. I will be away at WDW next week, so I'm going to ask you to email me your wishlists (and include your DIS name) anytime between now and then to: newenglandeeyore@comcast.net. (This is a temporary email address just for this purpose. Don't try to reach me at it in the future!) Please also post on this thread that you sent an email so I can be sure I received it.

It's perfectly clear in my head, but it might not translate so well into words, so let me know if something doesn't make sense. I'm also open to any suggestions to make it better/easier.

I will be sending you an email on a few wishlist items.. Thanks Michelle

I can honestly say that I have NOTHING from MGM - I have missed every stinkin' swap for theat this year becasue I came in so late.

I have actually done monorail paper piecing for one of my groups. I wouldn't mind doing that as a group it if came up again.

I need
- lots and any MGM (just about anything but Tower of Tower eand Rock N ROll Roller coaster)
- Monorail
- Polynesian
- Grand Floridian
- All Star Sports
- All Star Movies
- All Star Music
- POP
- Contemporary
- Stroller rental
- Epcot Kidcot Stops
- The Kid Stops in Animal Kingdom

O, I'm up for this swap. Since, I have used all of my stuff scrappign two recent trips, I can use lots of things.
As wish list, I think I would like to see:
- Monorail
- All Star Movies

This all I can think of now....
S :)

Have a great time - and keep an eye out for great ideas we've missed ;) :rotfl2:

I could do with:
monorail
pop
all star movies
old key west
caribbean beach
saratoga
mgm
mk
lego
kidcot stops in epcot
chef mickeys
wow...my list could go on and on!

I sent a long list of the attractions I am missing items from and it amazes me how many there are even though I have done so many swpas, some just always seem overlooked.

Rebecca

I was going to make a list, but I got distracted this weekend by looking up geneaology stuff instead. I will try to get to making the list tomorrow.

I don't know if I'll actually be signing up for anything but here are my ideas

the totem poles that spray water in MK
the big coke bottle that sprays water in MGM
the jumping fountain by HISTA in Epcot
the fountain in AK near Kali River Rapids exit

this could be a whole group if there was any interest -- are there any other water sprayers or fountain that I've missed?

I think there is one in DTD by the scrapbooking store, oh and Stitch at the WoD store spits water

I also usually have a photo (or several) of my kids with their misting fans

Maybe a "COOLING OFF" group?

That sounds great. We have photos of the jumpers in EPCOT and DTD along with the spitting Stitch.
I'd like a spot in that one please.

this could be a whole group if there was any interest -- are there any other water sprayers or fountain that I've missed?

I think there is one in DTD by the scrapbooking store, oh and Stitch at the WoD store spits water

There is the spitting camel in the same area of the MK. I don't know where all of the areas are but I thought there were 2 in each park. I just avoid them at the moment as we don't have little ones yet.

Rebecca

In Toon Town the boat has shooting water.

EPCOT and DD both have the spots where water squirts from the ground.

I would totally sign up for that water group - there is a water shooting floor thing in the Pooh corner playarea at the MK and we have great photos of the one that is at Downtown disney.

There is the spitting camel in the same area of the MK. I don't know where all of the areas are but I thought there were 2 in each park. I just avoid them at the moment as we don't have little ones yet.

Rebecca

That's funny -- I avoid them at times because I do have little ones. I know when I go near them, I'll have to be prepared to stop and do a full outfit change!

I just went through my stash and sent off another email. Thanks! :) Hope you had a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter