Upcoming Epcot Swap Information- SIGN UPS OPENING on new Thread

Mickeyteacher

<font color=darkcoral>Mother, Wife, Daughter, Frie
THIS IS AN INTEREST/ INFORMATION POST ONLY_ NOT A SIGN UP. Read the directions and let me know if we need to add something!
Do we want to add a title requirement to the element only groups?

This is an Epcot Element and Page Park Swap that includes all pavilions in the World Showcase and Future World as well as any extras such as Illuminations.
Mail Date is July 8th.
Due date is July 15th (that is when I need to receive your package. I will wait one week to return them just in case someone‘s doesn‘t arrive on schedule). If I get them earlier I'll send them out earlier!

1. Choose an open theme (Mexico, Living Seas, Illuminations ~ anything at Epcot).
2. Select two elements.
3. PM me with your DIS name, name and address - only if I have not swapped with you before.
4. Post your status on the Progress thread - which will be posted after the slots are filled.
5. Check the progress thread for your status - it will be updated with ship info and received info.
6. Sign the back of your completed pages and/ or elements with your name and DIS name. Be sure to use an acid free pen. Place ALL of your 12x12 completed layouts and elements for a specific group in a 2 gallon Ziploc bag (available at grocery stores/Wal-Mart with the other sizes). If you are in multiple groups, each group should be in their own bag. Label the outside of each bag (by hand or with an adhesive label) with your name and DIS name.
7. PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.
8. HAVE FUN!!

Ok - here are the elements to choose from (if you have another idea for an element, let me know and I will add it).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Element Selection:
Please, no hand lettering on any items, use computer fonts, rub-ons,
stamps, etc.
Embellished means using brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, 3D stickers
(matted stickers are okay too) or embossing.

Ok - here are the elements to choose from (if you have another idea for an
element, let me know and I will add it).

Element Selection:
Photo Mat – 1PP to fit a 4x6 photo, double matted and embellished.

Topper – 1PP double matted and embellished.

Borders – 1 set PP (2 borders) double matted and embellished

Journaling Box: 1PP at least a 3x3 writing area, double matted and
embellished with actual journal area placed on top of the two mats

Tag: 1 PP large tag 4.5-5 inches, 2 pp if smaller, double matted and
embellished, include either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole. May
include both....

File Folder, Journal box or Tag (medium sized) &

Embellished Shapes: 4PP @ 1-1/2x1-1/2 or larger if you wish, double matted and embellished. These can be circles, squares, flowers, etc. be creative. If it is a shape that
would not look right double matted please use your best judgment.....Just
make up for it in another way. Maybe make a few extra or throw in
something extra.

Slide Mounts: 2PP be creative here please

File Folders or Matchbooks: 1 PP if medium size or lager, 2 pp if mini
sized. Please make sure to enclose a blank page in the matchbook if this
is the element you choose to do.

Bottle Caps: 4PP if metal, 6PP if paper

Library Pocket and Tag: 1PP embellished, no smaller than to hold 2x3 a tag
that should have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole

Shaker Box: 1PP be creative please

Paper Piecing: 1PP be creative please

License Plate: 1PP be creative please

Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished

Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, double matted and embellished

Altered CD cover: 1PP be creative please

Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches

Altered Paper Clips: 3 large size ones

Individual wrapped store bought embellishment package. (Example: Jolees,
shaped clips, etc.)

PP = Per Person
A Final Note: This swap is a huge commitment of time and money for everyone involved as it takes a significant amount of both to create all of the pages and elements. Having said that, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up for more than you can handle. It is not fair to me or the other participants to expend the time and money to make something for someone who does not reciprocate. We all want everyone to enjoy swapping but we also want you to think about what you are getting into when you sign up.

Last but not least, HAVE FUN! I know we all stress about our work and that is OK. The important thing to remember is that you just need to make something you would be proud to have in your own albums and everyone will love it. If you get stumped or have a question, anyone on here would be happy to help; all you have to do is ask.
GROUPS:

I will start with these groups- but will open other groups as these fill. If you have additional ideas- please let me know.

GROUP 1: WORLD SHOW CASE – ELEMENT ONLY
1. Canada
2. Norway
3. China
4. UK
5. Japan
6. Morocco
7. Germany
8. France
9. Italy
10. America
11. Mexico

Group 2: ELEMENT ONLY
1. The Land
2. Imagination
3. The Living Seas with Nemo
4. Space Ship Earth
5. Universe of Energy
6. Test Track
7. Innovations
8. Mission Space
9. Soarin’
10. Illuminations

Group 3: Anything Epcot- ELEMENT ONLY

~~~~Element List for 12x12 Complete Page Swap~~~~~
Toppers: Should be 8” long by 2” wide and double-matted OR composed of individual matted letters.
Photo mats: Should be double matted and able to fit a 4”x 6” photo without cropping; smallest mat is typically 4¼”x 6¼” with other mats incrementally larger.
Journaling/Autograph box: Should be double matted and no smaller than 3”x 4”.

Large embellishments could be:
1 Large tag: Should be double matted PLUS fiber/ribbon and/or eyelet/brad in the hole AND at least 3”x 4”.
1 Mini File folder: Should be embellished but need not be double matted.
1 Library Pocket and Tag: Should be embellished but need not be double-matted
1 Shaker Box: Should not be smaller than 2½”x 2½”.
1 Paper Piecing: Should not be smaller than 2½”x 2½”.
1 Matted Poem or Song Lyric: Should be double matted and text area must be no smaller than 2½”by 3½”.

2 embellished squares: Should be double matted with largest mat no larger than 2"
2 Tags: Should be double matted PLUS fiber/ribbon and/or eyelet/brad in the hole AND no larger than 2”x 3”
2 Slide Mounts: Should be embellished but need not be double matted. Cardstock, actual slide mounts and Sizzix dies are fine

Group A: WDW Group – 2 page 12x12
Each 2 page layout should contain at minimum:
- One (1) title/topper
- Two (2) mats ON EACH PAGE large enough to fit a 4x6 photo without cropping
- One (1) box ON EACH PAGE that could be used for journaling/an autograph box/smaller photo mat
AND
- One (1) large embellishment OR two (2) small embellishments ON EACH PAGE.

1. WDW
2. Epcot
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Magic Kingdom
5. Disney Hollywood Studios

Group B: World Showcase - 12" x 12" - ONE page layout
Layout should contain at minimum:
- One (1) title/topper
- Two (2) mats large enough to fit a 4x6 photo without cropping
AND
- One (1) large embellishment or Two (2) small embellishments on the layout

Group B1: - World Showcase - ONE page 12x12 -
1. Canada
2. Norway
3. China
4. UK
5. Japan
6. Morocco
7. Germany
8. France
9. Italy
10. America
11. Mexico
12. Illumination
13. Title page

Group B2: One Page 12 X 12
1. The Land
2. Imagination
3. The Living Seas with Nemo
4. Space Ship Earth
5. Universe of Energy
6. Test Track
7. Innovations
8. Mission Space
9. Soarin’
10. Character Connection
11. Title Page

Question:
in group L 12x12 World Showcase, how about a title page? you have enough to do the insides of 1 album, albeit a small one, but not a page 1 so to speak.

This looks great!! For once, I don't think I even care which spot I get, as long as I get one.

Looks to be lots of work too. Thanks for taking this on, Shauna.

Illuminations is in both groups L and M. Maybe character connection for Group M instead?

Oh.... I told myself no more park swaps this year, but those are the swaps I love to do!

I'll have to go through my Epcot stash and see if I've depleted it enough to allow myself to sign up.

I don't have the time (or dedication yet) to sign up for a completed page swap - but I am interested in the Elements swap fof this. However, would it be possible to up the required elements to include a topper/title, and the required 2 elements? It would be more beneficial to have the title, as well as the a couple of elements for these countries/rides. Thanks!

And I'll be watching for this swap on the 29th - luckily, that is a study-day for me, so I'll be home!

Do you guys want to add a title/ topper for the elements only groups?

S :)

I definitely want spots in both completed page groups!

Maybe 2 groups will end up onpening!

I missed Group A and B the first time I looked at this.

What will group B be used for?

I was thinking the Group A directions were for the parks, AK,MK,DHS,Epcot,WDW

Group B one 12x12 page directions for the countries and rides groups L&M

The Disney quote swap was gonna be the only one i signed up for before i went to FL but i might have to bend a little for this one - really need some Epcot stuff! would probs only sign up for the elements one tho! dont have the time to do full pages! shame! x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter