Upcoming AK swap- postponed

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
UPDATE
AK swap postponed a few days

We were in a pretty bad accident yesterday. We were about a mile from the house headed home from the store and 2 cars were stopped in front of us so we stopped and the guy behind us didn't. I was so scared for the kids but man was I pissed off. DH got out of the car and the guy starts ranting about us stopping short yada yada, we were already completely stopped. DH saw him coming so he let off the break so we would move with the crash. When DH got out of the car he's like the best thing you can do is get your a** back in the car. About that time I got out ready to yell at him but the kids were screaming. I start getting DS5 out on my side when DS11 starts screaming DS6 bleeding so I rush over to the other side to see him. DD is screaming, DS11 is shaking, he was in the 3rd row. I get DS6 out of the car and on the grass. About that time the lady whose house we crashed in front of comes out, she is one of the mom's from school and she's an EMT. Her son grabs her bag and I get DD. While I'm pulling her out of the car DS5 squeezes past me and starts going after the guy. He gets up in his face and yells, I'm mad at you because you hurt my little sister!!!! She wasn't hurt but nothing like getting a smack down by a 5 year old. It was kind of funny.
Anyway, bumps and bruises all around. DS6 had to get 3 staples in the back of the head, he hit his head on the headrest clip. He was so brave at the hospital and in the ambulance.
My car is another story though. DH thinks the frame might be bent because the guy hit us towards the right, not dead on. Figures too because we were going to pay it off at the end of August. I really don't want another car payment. His car was totaled. The tow truck took it down the street from us so DH is going to run over there tomorrow and take pics and then take pics of my car. His insurance said 5 days til they can come out which stinks. We are going to make them give us a rental.

And to round out the day, my mom's brother is at the hospital, they thought he had a heart attack but turns out they think he has a hernia and my brother went back to the DR and they said he broke his collarbone in 3 places and it may need to be plated.
Ugh!! So I'll probably be gone a bit the rest of the week so we can make DR appt and chiropractor appts. I will post more when I can.

*sigh*

What would you like to see in this swap?

I think I'm going to do groups of 6 for both elements and kits

elements - do you want 2 or 3 since the groups are small?
kits - 2 mats and 2 elements

some ideas for groups were:
general
by land
Attractions???

any ideas? I'm drawing a blank.

I intend to sign up for both.

For elements, groups of six, I vote for 2 elements.

Since I just participated in the show/parade swap, I would not be interested in a group that was entirely devoted to this. However, I would be okay in a general group that had some attractions, some shows etc. I like the idea of a land group.

Do you know what time you intend to post sign-ups--morning, afternoon or evening?

Thanks

well my 2 penny's worth, evven though I have never been to WDW or any of the parks there I love the AK swap for various reasons. I like them anyway because I am using them with zoo and animal pictures that I have. I've also been adding the disney flare to layouts that are non disney.

I also like the idea you have for

general
by land
Attractions

Here are a few I was thinking about:

Animals
Entertainment? I dunno what that might be just a thought
dining
Colors & Prints (just basic filler really, but always nice to fill a blank spot on a page)

I really like the color/print group for an AK swap. We have lots of photos that are just taken where ever (on bridge, in front of Dinosaur with just the foliage) that some non specific general AK feel things would be pretty cool. That and I still have all that Eco Africa paper that I need to use on something. ;)

I really like the color/print group for an AK swap.

Ditto, I've learned from the color swap how useful just having some basic no frill elements to add to a layout. When I was working on a few of my pages I needed just a little more umph and thats where I have been using those elements. Additonaly those elements could be used for any type of zoo/animal layout as well.. another method to my madness..lol..

I need everything.....

Maybe there could be a "jungle/tropical" type group.....like vines, leaves, flowers, etc. I know there are lots of die cuts and things on carts that could be used for this and people could come up with other options. Those things would fill in spaces on a page.

I just thought about the cut form paper dolls for the volcano could be done in white for Expedition Everest.

Are you going to do a group for each land?

I won't be around Friday morning so I hope I don't miss out on all the phone. (phone should be fun)

I like the general groups, like what was said not being theme specific. Also, I don't know how big you want the swap to get maybe have a group for each ride or attraction (not every one of them just the more popular) and everyone could do a different element, if you did this maybe have a group of 10 or so with everyone doing 1 element.

What would you like to see in this swap?

I think I'm going to do groups of 6 for both elements and kits

elements - do you want 2 or 3 since the groups are small?
kits - 2 mats and 2 elements

some ideas for groups were:
general
by land
Attractions???

any ideas? I'm drawing a blank.

I like the elements and kits

Groups
General group

Group for each land and within that people could pick what element/ride-attraction they want

Attractions

You know me....I am up for anything.

Maybe these lists will help some people get ideas in mind.

Animal Kingdom Rides and Attractions
Boneyard
Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Flights of Wonder
It's Tough to be a Bug
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safari
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Oasis
Pangani Exploration Trail
Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Tree of Life
Triceratops Spin
IdeasMap DinoLand USA
Overview Discovery Island
Animal Kingdom Attractions Rafiki's Planet Watch
Africa Oasis
Asia Restaurants/Dining
Camp Minnie-Mickey

Africa
Kilimanjaro Safari
Pangani Exploration Trail

Asia
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Flights of Wonder
Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest

Camp Minnie-Mickey
Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends
Festival of the Lion King

DinolandUSA
Boneyard
Dinosaur
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama

Discovery Island
Tree of Life
It's Tough to be a Bug

Rafikis Planet Watch

Oasis

Reastaurant/Dining
Africa Food Stand Africa
Anandapur Ice Cream Asia
Anandapur Yak & Yeti Restaurant Asia
Animal Kingdom Ice Cream Carts Various carts located throughout the Park
Asia Food Stand Asia
Asia Hot Dog Stand Asia
Camp Soft Serve Camp Minnie-Mickey
Chakrandi Chicken Shop Asia
Dawa Bar Africa opposite the Tamu Tamu Refreshments
Dino Bite Snacks Next to Restaurantosaurus
Dino Diner Discovery Island
Donald's Breakfastosaurus Dinoland USA
DrinkWaggah Asia
Espresso Coffee and Pastry Entrance to Park
Flame Tree Barbecue Discovery Island near bridge to Dinoland
Frozen Lemonade Stand Between Asia and Africa
Haagen Dazs Ice Cream Stand Africa
Harambe Fruit Market Africa across from the Kilimanjaro Safari
Harambe Popcorn Africa
Kusafari Coffee Shop Inside Tusker House in Africa
McDonalds / PetriFries DinoLand U.S.A.
Mr. Kamal's Between Asia and Africa
Pizzafari Safari Village
Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom Main Entrance of the Theme Park with exterior and
Restaurantosaurus DinoLand U.S.A.
Royal Anandapur Tea Company Asia
Safari Popcorn Discovery Island opposite Flame Tree Barbecue
Safari Pretzel Discovery Island
Safari Turkey Safari Area
Tamu Tamu Refreshments Africa
Tusker House Restaurant Africa, Harambe

OMG--Susie you rock! Can you come organize my life?

Thanks

Girlfriend, I have to get my life together first.

But I thought having it in a list for people to see jogs ideas to float around.

Maybe for page kits....

places from Asia and Africa were lumped together -that is 6 attractions...

then places from DinoLand and Tree of Life would make 6 attractions.....

another group could be general asia, africa, dinoland, tree of life, planet watch, oasis, ....that would be 6.

Just a thought.

Colors & Prints (just basic filler really, but always nice to fill a blank spot on a page)

I really like (love) that idea!! I wanted to sit this one out because I have too much to do and I have a lot of AK stuff (never enough though), but help me....Don't do it, Don't do it.....:eek:

And, don't laugh at me, Nancy!!

I think we should do whatever would make Karen participate, and then I want to be in her groups. :rotfl2:

I still need so much for Animal Kingdom, that I would like a land group (Africa, Asia, Discovery Island, Camp Minnie-Mickey, Dinoland, Oasis) that was a title (but doesn't have to be an actual title, it could be a tag with the land name on it) and an element.

I could do attractions too, although I do have a very nice Pangani Exploration Trail set which refers back to the first thing I said. :goodvibes

I do like the idea of a general group, although, at the moment it's not really want first. But the next time we do a color swap, instead of just doing colors, we should do some themes too, like safari, or tropical.

An animals only group might be good. Lions, giraffes, gorillas, elephants, tigers, etc. That would work for more than just AK stuff.

I'm rambling, but I need a lot, so I'm good for whatever. I just hope I don't miss the signups.

I was totally planning on not participating because I have about 10 Kilimanjaro Safari, Festival of the Lion King and Tree of Life pieces and didn't really want more. HOWEVER, if you are going to have general land groups and general color/decor groups, I'm all in. I need lots more filler for my AK and zoo pages so both would probably work for me.

So, BAMB, do you realize what you opened yourself up to by adding those? :lmao:

I really like (love) that idea!! I wanted to sit this one out because I have too much to do and I have a lot of AK stuff (never enough though), but help me....Don't do it, Don't do it.....:eek:

And, don't laugh at me, Nancy!!

See, you are going to fall off the wagon... I'm reading but I'm resisting.. I will offer to be an angel...but I'm going to be good.. if you sign up, I'm going to torment the daylights out of you!
running to the other room to laugh so you don't hurry me!

BAMB,
PM sent... YOU NEED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW!!!
Hugs to all the babies, DH and yourself!!!
I would have wanted to throttle that idiot myself!! I could just imagine DS5 telling him off!!!!

Wow, BAMB! What a day. I hope everyone is feeling okay now.

I was in a slight fender bender years ago with my mom. Someone rearended us while we were at a stop too. A few days later, my neck really started hurting, a burning kind of hurt, and I couldn't turn my head very much without feeling it. At first I didn't relate the pain to the accident, but I went to the Dr. and he said that had to be the cause.

Please tell me the guy was insured and that all of your car and medical expenses will be paid by them.

Oh wow...BAMB will definitely be praying that all goes better for you ...so glad your son wasn't hurt more than a few staples (altho those are pretty bad - poor guy.)
I'll be looking forward for this swap now I have been playing with my bug and getting it to cut properly...but am actually glad this is postponed a few days so I can finish other swaps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter