• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

UO Sentinel Article

chris mcfly

Mouseketeer
Since nobody else has posted the link yet, i guess i will..

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...041502apr15.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

Heres an interesting clip:

<<But the parks need to have "a couple of great quarters" in the first half of this year, he says, to be assured that the three planned new attractions will get built.

Although Gault won't say what the new attractions might be, he says two would be at Universal Studios and one at Islands of Adventure. One hint: His favorite ride is the elaborate Adventures of Spider-Man, in which guests walk through a detailed faux big-city newsroom that sets up an urgent story line about teaming up to save a threatened metropolis.>>

This hint makes me think of the rumored Jeep and Apollo 13 attractions. I hope Apollo 13 would happen, as for IOA, I want something like Stampida, the racing woodies at Port Adventura. It could be themed to racing dinos!

I am hoping for a flying type of coaster at IOA. I think that the Jeep ride will be one of them. We caught a glimpse of the area that we are thinking that the jeep ride is going to go there is a tent set up there and a flintstone vehicle from the grave yard there. It is just off the beaten path in Jurrasic Park area and you can look into it without getting off the sidewalk.

Well, that disproves all my theories! Wow, I never thought we'd hear something that definate from Earl! Well, that's good, that leaves some sort of indication that it should be a coaster... unless Earl wants to say anything else... ;)

Can't wait for more to develop...

Well that was a No I didn't expect.

Thanks Earl any other clues.

Well, sorry there's no Jeep ride. That's really a very old rumor that goes back to before IOA was ever built. As to hints, well, just wait and see. I doubt anyone will be dissappointed.

Now that the Jeep Ride rumor is put to rest, can you tell us if Universal ever considered it and what it entailed?

Thanks for putting at least that one to rest.

Was the Jeep ride only a rumor all along, or was it an actual attraction concept that just never got the greenlight? If the latter, if would be interesting to hear the general plot. How would the dino interaction have differed from the river ride.

It must be alot more fun knowing things may finally be moving forward. If for nothing else than the torture you will put us all through with you're usual hints (or lack thereof) if things progress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter