Unusual costume

jnadelman

DIS Veteran
I'm betting that this has never been asked before.
My DD(3) is obsessed with Roz from Monsters Inc, and wants to be Roz for Halloween. This is not one of those run of the mill costumes that can easily be found anywhere. My DW and I have no craft or sewing skills what so ever.

What can we do? How would you make a 3 year old into a giant slug with red lipstick. No one will have a clue what/who she is.

OMG! what a cute idea...

Let me see what I can figure out.. I'm sure there will be others chime in here soon..

Ok,

We are going to need a pair of pointed glasses w/ the beads on them.. Red sweater, clipboard and pencil.. and on the back of the clipboard I would put a "Monsters INC" logo...

For her hair... we need gray hair that stands up at a point... so we need a grey wig...and you'll have to gel it so it will come to a point..

green face paint w/ that wonderful shade of red lipstick...

Definitely the pointed glasses!

Your DD will make a cute Roz.:goodvibes

So here is her face:
Roz01..jpg

The lipstick only goes on the middle part of the lips, you need the mole and it is a very sickly looking tannish green for the face.

You can put your DD in a tan or green sweatsuit outfit for the body or if you want to do the slug shape, a very long cape (or sheet) cut up at an angle, so it is shorter in the front and longer and drags in the back. I might be possible to add wire on the inside top middle to achieve a more tail effect, but as she is only 4, I think the dragging on the ground would be more fun. You might be able to get the same idea using an old dress cut up, but finding a white cape and dieing it would be easier.

All great ideas. I'm just worried that she will look like a fool.
a 4 year old with a brown sheet dragging, a red sweater vest, pointed glasses, red lipstick, a mole and a clip board. If she came to your door, would you know what she is?
Maybe we should put the picture of Roz on the back of the clip board?
She will definitely be the only Roz in our area, if not the entire country!

All great ideas. I'm just worried that she will look like a fool.
a 4 year old with a brown sheet dragging, a red sweater vest, pointed glasses, red lipstick, a mole and a clip board. If she came to your door, would you know what she is?
Maybe we should put the picture of Roz on the back of the clip board?
She will definitely be the only Roz in our area, if not the entire country!

Being addicted to the Monsters movie, I would know who she was, but putting the photo on the back of the clip board along with the Title of the movie will make it easier for those who don't do Disney.

Thanks, all I wanted was help making a Roz costume. Somehow I now got a Little Mermaid song stuck in my head. I don't need help with an Ursula costume (hopefully)! :rotfl2:

I would get some lightweight yellow tablecloth vinyl from the fabric store or keep a lookout for actual tablecloths in that color, since that's the texture of Roz's skin/body. I would make a wire "hump" or bustle that would tie around her waist or maybe even use a soft backpack stuffed with a plush animal to get the flowing shape off the back.

I would cut the front of the skirt straight and do the back like a full wedding dress train. Think - Victorian bustled women. If you put wire in the hem, it will stay away from her feet.

Try having a wife in her late 30's that is desperate to find a Roz Costume. It sounds like there are no other options then to make it ourselves. UNLESS there is someone out-there that can save us the misery of embarrassing ourselves with a poor attempt. Are there any solutions??

I maybe a little late...my family does a theme every year. This year was inspired by a Sully costume that I picked up at a local Goodwill. There is five of us, so the obvious two costumes that go with Sully is Mikey and Boo. Which left my son who chose the CDA and I chose ROZ. I puchased 4 yds of clearance green material and made it into a cloak style dress by folding the material in half and leaving approx. 24 inches longer in the back to form the tail (trimming the material to make it round). I then cut a six inch hole in the center of the material to fit over my head. Then I sewed accross the told fold approx six inches down to form arms. From the inside of the arms I sewed down to the corner to give it a formal dress appearance. I cut the material from the arms and used one side for a hood. I only sewed the hood far enough down to cover my neck leaving material open to form a scarf around my neck. I then bought a marroon sweater also at the local Goodwill. To finish the costume I had to buy cat glasses at the local costume store added the beads, painted a clipboard with the Monsters Inc logo and painted my face green. I added a brown mole and red lipstick. Overall I spent $22.00 on the costume and it was a big hit!

i270.photobucket. com /albums/jj118/moorebaggg/Roz.jpg
[copy and paste into the browser bar and remove spaces around "com" to veiw the photo]

Traline31
Were going to be in disney for halloween this yr and I am doing a theme of monsters inc.
can I see some of your pictures? I was also thinking celia, any ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter