Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm surprised they're doing another dual launch coaster after the injuries that happened with the last one. I hope they make people go through metal detectors for this one but I could still see things like eyeglasses flying off and injuring people on the other track.

My current FL WDW AP expires in 50 weeks. I plan to purchase EU FL AP if they offer a Pixie Dust (weekdays only) version. I'm not holding my breath. Summer 2025 is a wide window so I'm going to wait until an opening date is announced and take it from there.

Excited!

I've been getting more and more excited about Epic as the park has taken shape (and I am obsessed with Bioreconstruct's photos), but this has me saying "Go ahead, Universal, just take my money now."

As far as crowd control, Express Pass, etc., I suspect that Universal has been working for years on how to balance the financials with the visitor experience. I know that I got a survey maybe two years ago, asking about difference structures for EP and it was obviously geared towards the Epic opening. I'm going to put my faith in the fact that they know what they are doing.

I'm expecting the new park to be pricey, but that definitely won't stop me from going.

I'm surprised they're doing another dual launch coaster after the injuries that happened with the last one. I hope they make people go through metal detectors for this one but I could still see things like eyeglasses flying off and injuring people on the other track.
They probably designed it so that couldn't happen again.

Universal Studios Orlando has updated many security features including No finger scan at entrance and facial recognition as we exit ( I think ) … not sure I just see many cameras overhead .
Pretty sure they will have safety features updated too.

( They recently brought back the 15 month Offer on their Ticketing Site . )

They have metal detectors and lockers set up for Velocicoaster, it's almost certain that they'll have the same setup for this one.

The difference is there won't be the near miss elements with each train like there was with Dueling Dragons.

Not a fan of universal parks overall, but hoping this new venture is a massive success. First, it will (hopefully) alleviate the crowds at Disney which are currently just obnoxious. Second, it will (hopefully) light a fire under Disneys butt to start building some new parks/attractions and not just DVC properties.

Not a fan of universal parks overall, but hoping this new venture is a massive success. First, it will (hopefully) alleviate the crowds at Disney which are currently just obnoxious. Second, it will (hopefully) light a fire under Disneys butt to start building some new parks/attractions and not just DVC properties.
Honestly, we’ve been thinking it seems all WDW cares about these days is their timeshare business.
Their concern surely is not guest satisfaction, creating new, imaginative attractions or value vs cost in the parks.

It looks absolutely fantastic and we can't wait to be there and experience it. If premier hotel/unlimited express remains for Helios then that will do us, however if there is no express for the opening year maybe Helios guests will get early entry, after hour entry until express passes are valid - they should offer something for the premium hotel guests if express is being held back for later. That said, with only 1 premier hotel, maybe those guests could possibly have the unlimited express, if they are the only ones it wouldn't cause any major waiting issues.

The word from corporate is that there will not be Express Passes, except for the Helios guests. So, Portofino, RPR, Hard Rock, will still have express pass for the original 2 parks, but will not get it for Epic. At least until things become more predictable.

The word from corporate is that there will not be Express Passes, except for the Helios guests. So, Portofino, RPR, Hard Rock, will still have express pass for the original 2 parks, but will not get it for Epic. At least until things become more predictable.
That makes absolute sense.

Maybe give HRH etc a regular express pass for Epic, but Helios guests get unlimited.

All the info I've seen says no express pass at all.
Where is it reported that Helios guests get express pass?

Have never been - but WOW. The only thing that doesn't work for me is HP - I missed those books/movies. But - great concepts!

All the info I've seen says no express pass at all.
Where is it reported that Helios guests get express pass?
Are we just talking about express for hotel guests or will there not even be paid express passes being offered,?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter