Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The park looks amazing!

I am concerned that Universal is going to get too arrogant with the pricing though.
I don't think they will. I do think once Epic Universe opens the buy 2 get 3 free tickets will no longer happen

The park looks amazing!

I am concerned that Universal is going to get too arrogant with the pricing though.
Yeah - I feel prices have already gone up more than I'd like already and its going to get worse.

They have to pay for it though, and considering how little you get at Disney with all the price increases its hard to complain too much.

We will see though

Hi everyone, I've made my annual return to Disboards (lol) and updated the main post. I'm going to take some time later to make it more detailed, I never realized we are limited to 10 pictures a post so I have to figure that out. Watch the video from Universal if you want to know everything. It seems we are going into a point in time where updates are going to be coming more frequently, so I will be sticking around from now on. I might pop in once a week or whenever there is news.
Thank-you for taking the time Baymax to update the thread, and share the incredible artwork. It is appreciated.

Yeah - I feel prices have already gone up more than I'd like already and its going to get worse.

They have to pay for it though, and considering how little you get at Disney with all the price increases its hard to complain too much.

We will see though
Actually it's quite easy to complain! 🤣

Their prices have already creeped up to an area that makes us look elsewhere for vacation spots. Food used to be cheaper at Universal compared to Disney. It isn't anymore. The Stay More Save More rooms we always book are harder to come by and need to be booked a year in advance for RPR.

We have already decided to take a year off from Orlando because of the cost.

I feel like when Epic opens the prices will be even higher. I also feel like Disney will have huge discounts at this time, because they will need them. We are already leaning to Disney in 2025 anticipating this.

It's weird how things work sometimes. Universal has had us as die hard fans for years. Cost and experience was the reasons. But jack the cost and add in crazy crowds, most likely no premium resort express at Epic and they lose many people like us. Yes they will gain many new customers with the amazing new park, but will loose a few if the pricing structure is too arrogant.

Helios Grand for us...whatever the cost!! It looks stunning!!

I think though we`d book for maybe a couple of nights, but not stay a full trip there.
Yeah - its going to be interesting to see how it all works out, but I cant see a full stay at an epic hotel.

Going back and fourth to city walk could be a headache - and then going through security at the hub in city walk - ill assume that will get much busier than it is already.

Actually it's quite easy to complain! 🤣

Their prices have already creeped up to an area that makes us look elsewhere for vacation spots. Food used to be cheaper at Universal compared to Disney. It isn't anymore. The Stay More Save More rooms we always book are harder to come by and need to be booked a year in advance for RPR.

We have already decided to take a year off from Orlando because of the cost.

I feel like when Epic opens the prices will be even higher. I also feel like Disney will have huge discounts at this time, because they will need them. We are already leaning to Disney in 2025 anticipating this.

It's weird how things work sometimes. Universal has had us as die hard fans for years. Cost and experience was the reasons. But jack the cost and add in crazy crowds, most likely no premium resort express at Epic and they lose many people like us. Yes they will gain many new customers with the amazing new park, but will loose a few if the pricing structure is too arrogant.
Yeah the price of food and drink was quite a shocker on my last trip, that is everywhere, but Universal seems to be way higher.

In two years a pint of Guinness went from $9 to $12- that is just ridiculous IMO. $9 was bad enough.

I saw Alicia on Twitter discussing rumors that Express pass won't be offered at Epic at all. IMO that seems like a good decision for the first few months of opening.
Yeah - I'd be surprised if they offered it.

I'm expecting it to be a lot of virtual queues or some other scheme we have not thought of yet.

I still think they will find a way to monetize some sort of priority access - maybe learn from the mistakes of G+

Yeah - its going to be interesting to see how it all works out, but I cant see a full stay at an epic hotel.

Going back and fourth to city walk could be a headache - and then going through security at the hub in city walk - ill assume that will get much busier than it is already.

It`s going to be crazy busy for sure! Beyond anything I suspect we`ve seen before at UOR, it might make the Potter opening look tame as there has been massive anticipation for this park.

I got the email earlier and it`s certainly impressive looking at it. It doesn`t all appeal to us, Nintendo for example, but we`ll still have a look for sure, However Potter and Dark Universe will be the things we`ll enjoy most I think. But, I think the park itself looks amazing.

Yeah - I'd be surprised if they offered it.

I'm expecting it to be a lot of virtual queues or some other scheme we have not thought of yet.

I still think they will find a way to monetize some sort of priority access - maybe learn from the mistakes of G+
I remember reading that Universal would have to give some of the profits to JK Rowling and/or Warner Bros if they offered something akin to a Lightning Lane for the HP rides, so *maybe* that's why they haven't done that yet.

For me Mario and the dueling coaster is the draw. While I like the Harry Potter attractions, I'm into the IP at all.

I already plan to keep my AP updated just in case they have the AP Preview for loyal guests…
Current 15 month offer makes the decision affordable .
I watched the new infomercial on YouTube and so much to be excited about !

Definitely going in Year 1. Planning to stay at the Helios wherever has views of Monster-land.

Couldn't be more excited! Looks like they have some great concepts, well-organized, with world-class theming.

I already plan to keep my AP updated just in case they have the AP Preview for loyal guests…
Current 15 month offer makes the decision affordable .
I watched the new infomercial on YouTube and so much to be excited about !
I thought the 15 month offer ended in September?

I could understand them not offering Express for the Mario cart ride, same as they don't in California or for Hagrid's in IOA. But I seriously hope they offer Express on the other rides, otherwise it will just be incredibly tediously long days. Yes, I know that sounds spoiled. But I'm willing to pay for skip the line access or stay at Grand Helios if it includes it. Or if they're seriously not going to include Express for the first few years after the new park opens, this might be the first occasion where I suck it up and splash out on a VIP tour. Maybe we'll stay for fewer days to make it work. We'll likely do a split stay with a few nights at Grand Helios and the rest at RP or Portofino. I'm so excited that there is a new Potter area. Hope it has wand spots for my kiddos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter