Universal Orlando "magic shot" photo opportunity help

Cynister

How long until the next vacation?
We just got back & had several photos where photographers had 1 of us hold out our hands while the others act surprised. It definitely seemed like it was going to be similar to Disney's digital magic shots. I've looked through all of the photos & our hands are empty in each one. Does anyone know what is supposed to be in there? I searched online & only found someone reference this type of shot when they went at Christmas & it was a holiday character. Problem was, they said that if you didn't immediately go to a photo location after the shot, the character wouldn't be added. Well, the photographers never told us we had to, so how would we have known that?! In the same story from Christmas, the person said if you didn't that you can add a sticker image to your photos online by editing them in the Universal software. I can't figure out how to do this at all! Anyone know? I've logged into the account, I can see all the pictures but it doesn't edit them when I click on them. I only have the option of downloading or posting to social media.

Same thing happened with us. It was our first trip and we didnt know that, now we have some photos with empty hands. One of the photos however has the gingerbread man from Shrek. So Im not sure how one of the photos has it and the others dont. But your right, there is no place on the site to edit them, at least that I can find.
Can anyone be of help to us?

You should just be able to get the contact information from the My Universal Photos website or even call the main USF number online and they can give you the email address for them. Just let them know and they will add what as suppose to be there and send it back to you

OUrs had woody woodpecker and a baby dino hatching out of an egg

Yeah is a miss or a hit, we got some with empty hands and some with a character added, we never went to the photo location afterwards, they need to work on this

We also had empty hands in some of our pics. I emailed My Universal Photos support and they said you have to add the sticker yourself. We were really disappointed with this photo package. It's cumbersome and so not worth the price paid. We won't be purchasing it again. There aren't many photographers in the parks.

We had the same thing, but I noticed while we were still in the parks. We went to a photo store and they said you had to manually go into a photo store and have them add it. We were able to pick from a couple of different things. They weren't really that great.

I was really really underwhelmed by the photo package. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't purchase it. We really weren't into any of our photos. They all are poorly framed and amateurish.

I don't remember needing to add anything for our magic shots. Last visit was 2015. However, I was able to edit all of our pictures, including the ride ones. I added boarders, zoomed in, cropped, etc.

I totally agree with you about the package being a disappointment. This was our first & probably only trip. Some of the pictures are not in focus, some my husband's head is half cut off, others a frame was added that was overlayed on top of people in the picture so you can't see them & there's no copy without the frame. Like with a lot of what we experienced during the trip, this is another example of something Disney does well that Universal wanted to offer for the sake of saying they do it but they really don't care enough to do it more than half-hearted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter