Universal newbie

pixie71

Earning My Ears
I am considering a 2 night stay at Universal after a 5 night stay at WDW. I plan to go in late October or early November. There will be 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids ages 3 &4).

Which hotel (on site) is best for them and which park is best for them? How much is a cab ride from WDW to Universal? Should we just stay at WDW and take a cab back & forth to Universal?

Any suggestions/comments would be greatfully appreciated.
Thanks.

We have heard alot of good reports about RPR. That is where we will be staying this year. If it is in your budget, by all means stay onsite at Universal for FOTL priviliges. After waiting in lines at Disney, you will be able to have a more relaxing stay at Universal without the lines. ;)

I can't speak for the other resorts, but we stayed at the RPR and loved it. We are taking our kids there this year.
Definately if at all possible stay on site. Once you have experienced the FOTL, you will never want to wait in lines again.

I checked the rates and they seem pretty steep...are there any discount codes similar to Disney for that time of year??? Also, have these resorts ever come up on Priceline or Hotwire.

I usally wait for the Disney codes and pay around $100/night for moderates.

thanks again.

There are a couple of discounts you could check on:

APH (Annual Passholder Rate) if you have an annual pass.
AAA if you are a AAA member
FAN (Fan Club Rate) You can get a Fan Club card for free
Or you can call ask for Entertainment Rates. You must have an Entertainment book and be able to show your card when you check in. You cannot check for Entertainment rates online, you must call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter