Universal Gift Cards

Rocketeer53

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I have been looking around the internet and have come up with nothing. Is there any place to get Universal Gift cards for a discount like you can do with the Disney cards? I have seen some places says that the Targets in the Central FL area carry them, does anyone know if this is true? Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I have been looking around the internet and have come up with nothing. Is there any place to get Universal Gift cards for a discount like you can do with the Disney cards? I have seen some places says that the Targets in the Central FL area carry them, does anyone know if this is true? Thanks for the help.
As you can see from the link above, not many places. Years ago Giant Eagle in the Pittsburgh area used to carry them, I bought a lot when they had bonus fuel perks and I was paying with a 6% cash back on groceries card. Not any more. If you have an AP and happen to be at Universal in Orlando during Mardi Gras, they sometimes offer dining GC at a discount. Last year I bought 2 $150 dining GC for $120 each. (Not good at resorts, but good in the parks and at least some of City Walk I think)

Years ago and for years, I bought them when they were available online, DH would use the points when he had to travel for work. I really hate how Blackhawk Network changed the online market. They are the worst!

As you can see from the link above, not many places. Years ago Giant Eagle in the Pittsburgh area used to carry them, I bought a lot when they had bonus fuel perks and I was paying with a 6% cash back on groceries card. Not any more. If you have an AP and happen to be at Universal in Orlando during Mardi Gras, they sometimes offer dining GC at a discount. Last year I bought 2 $150 dining GC for $120 each. (Not good at resorts, but good in the parks and at least some of City Walk I
Is the mardi gras gc valid only during mardi gras season, or could you say use it on dining in the parks in the summer? This make a big difference in the decision to purchase as I’ll only be at uo one day during the festival but will be back several times later in the year.

Last edited:
Is the mardi gras gc valid only during mardi gras season, or could you say use it on dining in the parks in the summer? This make a big difference in the decision to purchase as I’ll only be at uo one day during the festival but will be back several times later in the year.
I didn’t look at the fine lines yet for this year but during the last two years at least they’ve never had an expiration date. We load up on these and use them throughout the year.

ETA: I just checked the website and it stated no expiration.

Last edited:
I didn’t look at the fine lines yet for this year but during the last two years at least they’ve never had an expiration date. We load up on these and use them throughout the year.

ETA: I just checked the website and it stated no expiration.
Thank you!!! I think its a no brainer for me to get a couple of these to use for the rest of the year! I just didn't want to risk it without knowing for sure that someone has been able to use them ok out of season in years past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter