Universal For Dummies

donaldanddaisy

Mouseketeer
I'm going to Universal for the first time as part of a High School Graduation Trip. I know Disney like the back of my hand, but have no idea how to do Universal. And because we aren't on our own, I can't do things like the early morning of Express Passes or whatever. We'll likely get there mid-morning and leave at 6 pm and this is a Saturday in June.

Any tips? I think we'd love to do the Mario Ride, is there single rider?
Anything else I can do to make this day not just an day of waiting in very long lines and only getting on a couple of rides?

Mario Kart, Revenge of the Mummy, Transformers, Jurassic World, and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey all have single rider lines. If you have time, I recommend doing the standby line for Harry Potter once, because you get to walk through Hogwarts.

If you want to do the Studio Tour, lunch is a good time to do it. The line won't be too long, and other attractions will be.

For good rides that don't have single rider, Secret Life of Pets is a fantastic dark ride that I recommend getting on. The Simpsons Ride, Despicable Me, and Kung Fu Panda are 4D movies which are fun if the line isn't too long, but I wouldn't wait much for them. Waterworld is a really good stunt show, but it takes a while between queuing and the actual show.

The Toadstool Cafe in Nintendo World uses a day-of reservation system, so head there early and get a spot if you want to eat there. Three Broomsticks is also good for in-park dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter