Unique Baby Girls names??

Just wanted to give my imput as a 43yr old who's parents gave her a unique name when combined with my maiden name was rather unforgettable.

While you may think it's cute, consider they have to live with it. I always wanted to change it when I was a kid,teenager, but when I got older I appreciated it.

Do not give a name people won't be able to pronounce, I have a Polish last name and people have a tough time with it.

My daughter's name is Thea and we pronounce it with a long e - some people pronounce it with a short e. She is named after her grandma Theadora. I spent my whole pregnancy reading the obituaries looking for old lady names!

My husband really liked Raven. We have blonde blue eyed kids and I just didn't think Raven would fit LOL!

I LOVE the name Ava someone already mentioned.

My daughter's name is Rayna Maeve. Not sure how unique it is but there are not many Rayna's around here.
Nicolle

If I ever have a daughter her name will be Sadie. Either you love it or hate it - those haters generally associate it with a dog's name. Oh well, doesn't bother me - although you have to keep in mind my son's name is Dutch and my husband's name is Stony (for real, not a nickname).

My daughter's name is Katerina Adriana Rose, but we call her Kaia. Other uncommon girl names I know are Murphy, Vaughn, Finn, Keaton, Kallaway

My DD's names are Elizabeth and Eden. (Edie for short) If we have another girl we like Addison, Lacey, Avery, or Grayson.

I have a friend who just had a daughter and named her Marea. (Pronounced Ma-Ray) I thought it was different and very pretty.

See I would pronounce this Maria. Ma-Ray to me should be spelled Marae.

Seriously look at the birth announcements. Addison and Ava were very popular around here last year. As was Ella and Madison. I don't have a girl but our girl's name was Lauren. Not very unique. :)

Well I certainly am not going to read every post but here's my suggestions

Marin
Tanith
Brynn
Brenna(someone else recommeded that too)
Carlin
Laurel(a not so common use of the Laura type names)
Hadley

Of course my all time favorite it my daughter's name :goodvibes Trafton. We got it from our family. It was my great grandmother's maiden name. We used another family last name for my nephew, but I think it would be pretty for a girl too, Payson

I actually know a Tierney...she's about 30 y.o. She's the only one I've ever met with that name.

I am a teacher and have encountered some unusual names:
-Chrishella
-Ariane
-Kannon (for a boy)
-McCall
-Zoe
-Helena
-Layne (my niece's name- LOVE it!!)

I think my DD and nieces all have pretty names...my DD is Lindsay, named after my mom, Lynda. My nieces...Mallory, Camille, Alexis, Kiersten, Isabel, and Hailey.

I also have a nephew named Ryne- that's a pretty unusual name. He's named after Ryne Sandberg.

Uniqua(sp) is a character on The Backyardigans. My girls love that show and she is their favorite Backyardigan.

Their names are Caylee and Reagan. Caylee has now become a somewhat popular name. We tried to pick not so common names when they were born.

HI!Question for anyone do you have any suggestions on some unique but not so unique Baby Girls names? My Niece is pregnant and she found out she is having a girl and would like some suggestions for different names that aren't so common but not so different that you are going to be blown away when you hear it! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

We only had boys so we have lots of girl names we've chosen over the years.

My favorites are:

Ellie
Claire
Lilianna
Sophie
Evelyn

I don't know anyone with those names. Never have. Except Evelyn is my Mom's middle name.

I am a teacher and some names I have come across are Ireland, Asia, and Paris (all same year, same class) I am a fan of traditional old names: Emma, Grace, Isabella, Ella....DH & I are using Isabella as our first girl and I am tossed as to the second...Emma Grace, or just Grace ( to be able to call he Gracie) anyways, enough babbling as I am not even preggy yet!! HEHE

Not pregnant, but I do want at least two kids in the near future.

My boy's name will be Jordan, I've had that name picked out since I was five years old and haven't wavered on it once, although I do like Dylan.

For a girl, I like
Shane
Chloe
Amelia

My favorite is Luci, but my partner hates it. I like "Lynn" for a middle name, although it wouldn't go with Luci or Shane. I think Amelia Lynn or Chloe Lynn would be perfect.

My name is pretty unique. I've been teaching for 13 years and haven't seen it yet. A professor in college commented on it because my first and last names have lots of vowels. She said it sounded like an author's name.:)

Alida (the i makes the long e sound as in Anita)

To the OP, you posted this question back in June 2006.

Did your niece have her baby yet and if so, what did she name her?

To the OP, you posted this question back in June 2006.

Did your niece have her baby yet and if so, what did she name her?

YES! SHE DID ON SEPTEMBER 23RD! I DID POST IT ON HERE SOMEWHERE BUT IT CASE YOU DIDNT SEE IT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. MY NEPHEW TYLLER DIED IN A HOUSE FIRE IN JAN 2004 AND THAT IS THE NIECE WHO WAS HAVING THE BABIES BROTHER! HIS BIRTHDAY WAS IN SEPTEMBER! HIS BIRTHDAY WAS ACTUALLY THE 23RD OF SEPTEMBER THE DAY MY NIECE ACTUALLY HAD HER BABY!!! HOW WEIRD IS THAT? SO WITH THAT SAID SHE NAMED THE BABY TAYLER ROSE! AND TAYLER WAS TYLLER MINUS AN L AND THE LETTER A ADDED! SO THAT IS HOW SHE GOT HER NAME! NOT SO DIFFERENT AFTER ALL EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT SHE SPELLED IT WITH AN E LIKE TYLLER! UNTIL THEN THERE WERE A FEW NAMES FROM THIS POST SHE WAS LEINING TOWARDS. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter